maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Another Eurotrash Build: 328is Inside (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142689)

Aero 05-05-2011 12:03 PM

Another Eurotrash Build: 328is Inside

Hey Everyone,

After picking up my e36 328is track toy project from a fellow maxbimmer forum member last fall, it's finally time to make the transformation happen. This thread will document this process with pictures and commentary: your typical build thread.

The working canvas is a 1996 328is with M3 cams, M50 intake manifold, M5 clutch, lightened flywheel, Brullen exhaust, 3.15 ratio M3 LSD, and a set of FK coilovers with Koni dampers. The car will be built towards the ultimate goal of competing in Time Attack events, though Autocross (Solo II) and lapping events will be its primary occupation for the near future. The car will be kept street legal to avoid towing.

Satisfied that the existing powertrain modifications will provide ample straight line speed, my goal for the 2011 season is to maximize the drive-ability and reliability of the car. So, most of the modifications for this season are aimed at reducing unwanted suspension/chassis compliance, reinforcing damage-prone areas of the chassis, and increasing reliability.

Rather than post a long list of all the items I've accumulated, here is a picture to accomplish the same communication:

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/v...A/IMGP3143.jpg

The build should start in the next day or two, so stay tuned!

bmdbley'sBro 05-05-2011 12:31 PM

dude! epic bimmer parts pic *rockout*

sb_600 05-05-2011 01:18 PM

sweet Jamie!

Are we putting her on the lift this weekend?

sb_600 05-05-2011 01:23 PM

No "before" pic of the car?

haha we should get one where it was stored during the winter in the woods ;)

Aero 05-05-2011 01:45 PM

Regarding the lift this weekend: I hope so!

and...

reserved

Aero 05-05-2011 01:46 PM

reserved

Aero 05-05-2011 01:47 PM

reserved again

HavocSteve 05-05-2011 04:08 PM

I'm seriously needing to find a E36 that I can gut and build one with you guys. I love racing and would like to start with just a good base car and some help from you guys would be sick!

Or maybe I just just want to jump on the band wagon also! Just kidding...

This is going to look puuuurdy but please no X-Mas car like Shawns!

sb_600 05-05-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavocSteve (Post 1499234)
This is going to look puuuurdy but please no X-Mas car like Shawns!

:O you expect our help after comments like this ?!?!

haha my car is a gong-show of colours now with the purple and yellow suspension. I went for function over form this year - next year the car WILL be repainted with a fresh body job as well.

for me:

step one: go fast.
step two: look good doing it.

Technically if you nail step one, no one will see you anyways, right?

Seriously though Steve - you should definitely get back into racing. And I'm sure we'd love to help out when we can! At the very least, come for some ride alongs at Scotiabank or even at 'bogie!

HavocSteve 05-05-2011 06:21 PM

No one tells me anything! It would be nice to autocross the MS3 one timefor shits and giggles. Keep me informend on the times and such or start a thread. Anyways, back to Aero's car :)

Are you keeping everything the same? Engine wize and tranny.

bmwconnect 05-05-2011 07:35 PM

Wow ! wicked photo Jamie
How did she pull out of the woods? start up on the first go or what?
Hit me up if your working on this thing in the future

carjoe 05-05-2011 10:43 PM

sick!

Aero 05-06-2011 09:23 AM

Yeah, the drivetrain hardware will remain unchanged. However, Barrie will be doing the tune since I want to make sure I'm getting every last bit of power possible out of the current setup.

She hasn't come out of the woods quite yet, that's a task for this evening. We'll be working on all three cars this evening and tomorrow! It's going to be a busy weekend at the Eurotrash Garage. *rockout*

sb_600 05-06-2011 09:27 AM

1 - Chris' engine being dropped in tonight
2 - Get Jamie's car out of the woods
3 - Make sure my car is ready for Calabogie sunday night

Sounds like a blast to me :D

Chris916 05-06-2011 09:54 AM

Awesome start to a build thread Jamie! We'll have to snap a couple of shots of the car before she gets the transformation.

Should be a busy weekend!

Eurotrash party!*par-t*