maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E30 (1983 - 1991) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   E30 State of the Union (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142120)

E30M42cab 04-14-2011 06:07 PM

E30 State of the Union

Ok, so I've been noticing these days that the e30 crowd is begining to vanish. Brent thinking of selling his car has kind of put the cherry on top. Think about how many E30's have been put to sleep, sold, or killed, or are in limbo over the last 8-10 months. What's going on?

nonlocal's 318is - Put nose first into a pole in a parking lot by his "friend".

El Gato's M50 swapped 325i - It hates him, and he hates it... selling in the spring.

Majjic's M50 swapped 318is - Sold it a few months ago.

Same30e's M50 swapped 318is - Sold it to a guy who just killed his own e30.

defaultname's 325i - his car is closer to being stripped than it is ready for the road.

e30kid89's turbo M30 - T-boned.

325isStephen's SR20 Swap - Engine spun a bearing, back to square one.

Dble_trouble's 325i - a.k.a. "Mr. T" if you've seen his rear plate. Plus he keeps talking about e36's.*thmbsdwn*

Davericher20's touring - barely sees the light of day... he can tell you why.*no-no*

sLvr325i - just sold 2 of his e30's he was going to fix up.

DYMO's euro rhd - I still haven't seen this car on the road.

Craz anz - selling or keeping? he can probaby tell you a little story too.*no-no*

Myself - coupe has a fried clutch only a year after installing a new one. Shelved for now.

Mystical - Too busy to give his e30 any love... it sits and waits.

Red Rocket - Would rather drive his Camry that fix his headgasket.

Brent - Wants to sell because he can no longer pick up at the LCBO.

HavocSteve - I don't even know what happened to his car, but it's gone.

Boxer2, Ceeker, Dissembler, Bullet Ride, talltorontoguy, Everlast, InfiniteDice, Axxe, matty.dc, a few others, and Myself still seem to be able to hold the torch, but heaven knows we've probably stripped more e30's that any of us care to talk about. It seems we've taken a pretty big hit compared with years past.

What's going on?

Who's next?

Boxer2 04-14-2011 06:21 PM

I can tell you one thing, I wont be next....and if all goes well I should have my stroker running this summer, I can't wait to start working on that....I'm definitely feeling the E30 love this year*wiggle*

Chris de la Cruz 04-14-2011 06:22 PM

I've officially turned my E30 into a Missile Drift Car. Running this thing till it's dead.

BigD 04-14-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E30M42cab (Post 1494642)
defaultname's 325i - his car is closer to being stripped than it is ready for the road.

Hey that doesn't mean the car is gone. :) At one point this winter, my car was a shell with some glass and wiring. Oh and a rear bumper and lights. I'll set it on fire before I get rid of it.

HavocSteve 04-14-2011 07:27 PM

Civic_Eater on this forum has a very nice 89' E30 that he put some work into so far but he doesn't post a lot.

My car got fried with a battery install thanks to Canadian Tire >_<

I will one day however, get another one. Even if it's just a shell.

craz azn 04-14-2011 07:34 PM

Axxe still holds an E30 torch? *no-no* lol

I just want to go fast...er. Who wants to buy my car?! *wiggle*

dble Trouble 04-14-2011 07:46 PM

^^Ditto, my car is not officially on the market, but if someone ponies up the right price, I will let it go as I have my sights on an e36. An e36 is easier to go faster than an e30 and cheaper to make really fast around a race track which is where my focus is for now. If i don't get the right price then I stick with the e30 for now. If I had my choice, I would keep the e30 and get an e36, but I can't justify yet another car in the driveway.......*shiner*

richie_s999 04-14-2011 08:09 PM

i miss my e30, but 3 cars, 2 driveways spots, one had to go, new house in 2 months, bigger driveway.... never know!

Ceeker 04-14-2011 08:13 PM

Scott, I think as these cars are getting older and further being used a DD. they are beginning if not already showing their age. Personally, I like cruising in mine more then going fast. once the bug gets under your skin the mods and $$$ spend never ends. And one never gets the complete satisfaction. Faster, better etc. I mean this is personal of course so not judging here. e30's are becoming if not already collectible's. To restore one is now big coin as I am finding out. But I just like them; they are different, classy and regardless of the newer cars they still have distinction compared to newer. Personally I will own them because I can fix them and take enjoyment in doing this.

I'm with you on the holding on part. Unless someone pays me a price that I simply can't refuse. However, I will most probably always own at least one at some point. I never thought I'd be owning 3.

MaxBell 04-14-2011 08:15 PM

Haha, HavocSteve's lil 30 sat sadly behind my house for a few weeks. :( It lives on through its power steering pump and intake and rear view mirror.

And Ceeker is right. They're not racing cars so much anymore. Can have some fun sliding around in the snow and in the rain though. And mine keeps up ok with my roommates 87 monte carlo.

Brent 04-14-2011 09:27 PM

Hey guys,

I'm just thinking about selling it...it's kind of like swinging...lotsa fun to think about, but I'm not sure I could ever actually do it...

I still have nothing but love for my E30, but there is a part of me that can't stop thinking about a porsche...and I've seen one in need of my crappy body skills at a good price...anyone dare me to paint a porsche with Tremclad and a roller?

Deetow 04-14-2011 09:35 PM

Ill be DD'ing mine until it rots out from under me.

Brent 04-14-2011 09:37 PM

Ok, and one more thing...with respect to that LCBO comment...I've driven the E30 one day so far this year...(I needed to do a little work to get her on the road)...and that day, well maybe it just put a glint in my eye, but let's just say I'm 1 for 1. ;) I just can't help but think, with a porsche, I'd make Charlie Sheen look like a saint.:D

Ceeker 04-14-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 1494725)
Ok, and one more thing...with respect to that LCBO comment...I've driven the E30 one day so far this year...(I needed to do a little work to get her on the road)...and that day, well maybe it just put a glint in my eye, but let's just say I'm 1 for 1. ;) I just can't help but think, with a porsche, I'd make Charlie Sheen look like a saint.:D

yeah! you might actually get two girls coming out of the LCBO at once who "might" get in your car..*drink*

BmW1819 04-14-2011 09:59 PM

wont sell my e30 :) it's coming out this weekend :)