maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 (1998 - 2005) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   RaceLand Coilovers (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142038)

andrew.k 04-12-2011 03:03 PM

RaceLand Coilovers

Aquiring Information-

It's for a friends 328I which has blown suspension, 1 front strut and one rear, needs somthing quickly and inexpensive. I did some research & it seems that after the shipping charges, it comes up to almost $500.00.

Please advise on where I could get these in Canada/Ontario/GTA.

ScotcH 04-12-2011 03:14 PM

*Shakes head in despair*

Quack 04-12-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScotcH (Post 1493999)
*Shakes head in despair*

+1

unless he's just looking for the lowered look, than maybe it might be ok, the ride & quality of the product is horrible.

rider-. 04-12-2011 03:18 PM

for a friend ;) righttttttttttttttttt! why not just get stock suspension and cut the springs, it will probably work just as good as racelands. I have seen ad's on kijiji for them on occasion, but they seem to come and go.

Dysantic 04-12-2011 04:37 PM

Despite what everyone shit-talks about them, I have had a set on my car for a year now and have had no problems whatsoever with them. The ride quality is just as good, if not better than what my car was before with the stock, 14 year old suspension. I haven't had one snap, break or spontaniously combust yet and for what I wanted them for, an adjustable ride height for street driving, they have been perfect.

Bad mouth them all you want, my car looks great on them and I have had no problems yet and my car can be just as low, if not lower than any other e36.

As to where to get them, I know you can order them online and have them shipped. Not sure about any local dealer. I bought mine from a member on the board who ordered them and then decided to go in a different direction.

andrew.k 04-13-2011 11:19 AM

Thanks, looks like we will be ordering online.

I rock H&R Race springs w/ Bilstein shocks, but its not in his budget to do the same.

Seyar 04-13-2011 03:49 PM

I might be selling my H&R race springs with bilstein shocks in mint condition soon and it will be going for pretty close to what he wants to spend.

PENGU 04-13-2011 08:43 PM

I had race lands on my old whip! They went real low, but I love to drop it to the floor.

For the price they are o.k, but if you have $$ you buy better brand, like KW, or Koni.
*th-up*

Tnd-_-b 04-20-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysantic (Post 1494009)
Despite what everyone shit-talks about them, I have had a set on my car for a year now and have had no problems whatsoever with them. The ride quality is just as good, if not better than what my car was before with the stock, 14 year old suspension. I haven't had one snap, break or spontaniously combust yet and for what I wanted them for, an adjustable ride height for street driving, they have been perfect.

Bad mouth them all you want, my car looks great on them and I have had no problems yet and my car can be just as low, if not lower than any other e36.

As to where to get them, I know you can order them online and have them shipped. Not sure about any local dealer. I bought mine from a member on the board who ordered them and then decided to go in a different direction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PENGU (Post 1494382)
I had race lands on my old whip! They went real low, but I love to drop it to the floor.

For the price they are o.k, but if you have $$ you buy better brand, like KW, or Koni.
*th-up*

I agree, I think they are pretty good bang for your buck. I have had mine installed for a year now and i have no issues. The ride quality is just as good as the stock and handles better in my option. It was about $500 shipped to my door and $200 install.

My only issue is i would like something a little stiffer. I was in the same situation, My rear passenger side shock was blown and i needed something quick and not to expensive. Good product for the money.

andrew.k 04-20-2011 12:53 PM

Thanks for all the input, he went with the Rukkor Coilover setup instead. There have been no negative reviews with Rukkors, especially in the vdub community un-like the racelands. They are an affiliate with Raceland but offer higher springs rates as well a three year warranty. Will post pics upon installation, should arrive on tuesday the 26th, installation should occur the following weekend.

Tnd-_-b 04-20-2011 05:10 PM

Hey post some pics of the kit its self when you receive them. I have never heard of them.

Oh they look the same, any way let me know how it goes. Curious