maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Coin Car Wash (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141601)

HavocSteve 03-29-2011 04:08 PM

Coin Car Wash

Where is one located? I don't really like driving my cars into the automated ones. I like to actually brush and soap and wax my car myself at the coin washes. Thanks guys!

P.S. I put 91 for the first time into the car @ 136. something. :huh?: Stupid retarded gas prices! But then I went Zoom-Zoom and felt all better *rockout*

Jonesin 03-29-2011 04:12 PM

THe two that I use are on Youville Dr in Orleans, and on Merivale Rd. South, way down beside the Silver Dollar.

HavocSteve 03-29-2011 04:15 PM

The one on Merivale Rd I'll have to check out since that's like a 5min drive from my place. Thanks man :)

Jonesin 03-29-2011 04:21 PM

np. Nice large bays, and they're open late.

T.Dot_E30 03-29-2011 04:42 PM

Careful with the brushes in the coin wash, they usually have alot of dirt and sand stuck on them that can cause all sorts of scratches.
I wouldn't wash a new car with those brushes, only rinse it down with the pressure wash.

I plan on using touchless washes until it is warm enough to hand wash it outside.

davericher20 03-29-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 (Post 1490541)
Careful with the brushes in the coin wash, they usually have alot of dirt and sand stuck on them that can cause all sorts of scratches.
I wouldn't wash a new car with those brushes, only raise it down with the pressure wash.

I plan on using touchless washes until it is warm enough to hand wash it outside.

this. Don't use the brush

HavocSteve 03-29-2011 04:52 PM

Thing is I don't have a place to wash my car since I live in an apartment. I usually grab the brush and pressure wash it at the place before turning the soap on which works pretty good and has never scratched the cars yet.

davericher20 03-29-2011 05:59 PM

go read some detailing articles and you'll see why

rinse, soap, microfibre scrub, rinse, microfibre dry.

Don't use the brush.

car 101 stuff

MaxBell 03-29-2011 10:27 PM

Yo Steve, there is a place on Clyde that I use. It's right over near the CT that's on Carling. They've got washers and super sucky vaccums too.

Nick_V 03-29-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavocSteve (Post 1490546)
I usually grab the brush and pressure wash it at the place before turning the soap on which works pretty good and has never scratched the cars yet.

Maybe you've been lucky, but I find this hard to believe. It's almost a guarantee you'll get fine scratches swirls that will show up in bright sunlight if you use those brushes. Before I had a house I would bring my own bucket to the coin wash even though most of them don't allow it.

HavocSteve 03-29-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxBell (Post 1490640)
Yo Steve, there is a place on Clyde that I use. It's right over near the CT that's on Carling. They've got washers and super sucky vaccums too.

Maybe I'll check that out also. I used the touchless car wash because a bird shirt on our car :(*thmbsdwn* When's your car going to be ready? we should hook up and go for a little cruise!

MaxBell 03-29-2011 11:45 PM

Haha, I FINALLY got the clutch alignment tool so hopefully it'll be done in the next couple days, but we'll see.

Philboski 03-30-2011 12:23 PM

I agree on the brushes -- that is the fastest route to needing to buff the car out. Never let any of your cleaning/drying stuff touch the ground either.

HavocSteve 03-30-2011 12:53 PM

Well I washed the car yesterday, and the damn birds have taken aim at my car once again >_<. I'm getting very upset now.. Might stand post and wait with a gun so I can kill the ****ers!

Bimmer p.i. 03-30-2011 04:00 PM

I agree about the coin wash on Laperier, but if you're ever in the East end, there is a gas station on Ogilvie, Olco I believe, and not only do they have great service (coin wash, or touchless machine wash) and friendly staff but the gas there is ALWAYS cheaper than most places. I just filled up and washed the car about an hour ago, and 91 octane cost me $1.26/Ltr - most everywhere else is cheapie gas for $1.23!