maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMW Club of Canada (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   2011 BMW Club of Canada - Trillium Chapter Autocross Schedule (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140944)

dble Trouble 03-06-2011 10:47 PM

2011 BMW Club of Canada - Trillium Chapter Autocross Schedule

Location: All events this year will be held at the Powerade Centre in Brampton. http://www.poweradecentre.com/.

-->>Google Map Link<<--

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...D/PC-map-1.jpg

Dates:

Event #1 Sunday May 15th
Event #2 Sunday June 26th
Event #3 Sunday July 10th
Event #4 Saturday August 6th
Event #5 Sunday August 21th (in conjunction with Bimmercruise '11)
Event #6 Sunday September 25th
Event #7 Saturday October 15th

For those of you with a keen eye, we only have 7 event dates, but we will be hosting 8 autocrosses this year. In the points championship we will be counting the best 6 of 8 events in the points calculations! The 8 date is still to be determined or, we may turn one of the existing dates into a double header. I will be posting this asap, so look for updates soon!

Start Times:

All events start at 10am sharp. Be there at 9:15 am for registration, drivers meeting, and track walk. The most important part is the track walk as this is where you will learn the course!!

Exception: The Sunday August 21th event will start at Noon instead, so registration and so on will be at 11:15am!

Helmets are Mandatory this year for all participants, and passengers. A Snell 2000 or SA 2000 rating is what we recommend as a minimum!

Cost:

Event Prices are $40/event/participant, and you must be a member of the BMW Club of Canada or affiliate chapters. You may come out once to try it out as a non-member for a cost of $50. Membership fees are $55/year + HST which is $62.15/year. You can register at www.trillium-bmwclub.ca

If you have any further questions please contact me at John_Venditti@hotmail.com

Spectators are always welcome, the only requirement is that everyone MUST register and SIGN a WAIVER!

Thank-you, and I look forward to another awesome season with all of you!

E30M42cab 03-07-2011 05:11 PM

October 15th is a saturday.

Can members/guests still use the club helmets or have they expired?

dble Trouble 03-07-2011 10:59 PM

Thanks Scott, yes the October event is on SATURDAY October 15th unless otherwise noted.

Club helmets are available for rent at $10/day on a first come first serve basis. There are only 12 available in various sizes so there are only 3 or 4 per size. Just an fyi.

If you're planning on doing more events then you should check out Rudy's thread about helmets, prices are very reasonable and quality is very good!

Bullet Ride 03-08-2011 01:12 AM

All dates penciled in the calendar!. I hope the double header is before September so I can get 6 events in (because hopefully I'll be leaving for Europe for several weeks after labour day weekend *rockout*)
Should be a fun season!

richie_s999 03-08-2011 05:33 AM

This is going to be an amazing season for both competitors and spectators, last year saw alot of new competitors, who absolutely fell in love with the sport, and are stepping it up this year with better tires, brakes Ect and will be pushing hard for the points this season.

I am really looking forward to both the Compition and comrodery that happens at the events, crazy how much you miss it over the winter months.

dble Trouble 03-08-2011 07:43 AM

Steve, no one said anything about a double header?

Yet...........:D

DANIMAL 03-08-2011 09:05 AM

Can't wait to get her out on the course! It feels like forever; been suffering withdraw. Should be an awesome season.

Dissembler 03-08-2011 03:05 PM

Ill try to be on time this year lol.

E30M42cab 03-08-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dissembler (Post 1485650)
Ill try to be on time this year lol.

You can come late as long as you bring me breakfast!

EMPOWERD 03-08-2011 05:51 PM

Awesome. Can't wait till June (gone to Europe in May).

Bullet Ride 03-14-2011 09:56 AM

I guess now that there's a new thread I should post it here as it's relevant to this year not last year
Does anyone know if a motorcycle helmet will have the same fit as a motorsport helmet of the same size, from the same mfg? Reason I'm asking is I found a nice SA2010 helmet on ebay, but I want to try on one of that size first before I buy it. I know bike shops carry bike helmets from the same mfg.

dble Trouble 03-14-2011 10:19 PM

Sizing from manufacturers varies slightly. Similar to shoes. But the same manufacturer of both bike and auto helmets will be the same as they use the same scale.

SamE30e 03-15-2011 12:18 AM

Hmmm wonder how the subaru will do. I should have coilovers by may depending on the funding situation.

richie_s999 03-15-2011 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamE30e (Post 1486913)
Hmmm wonder how the subaru will do. I should have coilovers by may depending on the funding situation.

I'd be more worried about buying good tires and brakes if your worried about doing well.

dble Trouble 03-15-2011 08:32 AM

yeah Sam, Rich is right, your first investment (if you haven't already) SHOULD BE a top notch set of tires, they will do more than coilovers ever will..................