maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   T.O vandalism victim(who sells body parts)? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139292)

silverfox328 12-18-2010 06:34 PM

T.O vandalism victim(who sells body parts)?

Damn, i parked in the wrong spot in district lofts visting my sister-in-law. the owner of the spot proceeded to snap my right side mirror off in haste. he started on the other one but someone caught him in the act and fortunately it didnt break.*no-no*

Anyways, where would be a good place to find a replacement? i got one from Mississauga auto wreckers but its going back on monday. it was not in good shape.

i have a 97 328i 4dr sedan, heated electrical adjust. silver in colour....to be specific.

Please help maxbimmer bretheren.

Qube 12-18-2010 07:04 PM

What? If he was caught in the act, then he should be paying full $ for a new or mint condition one from a local shop. Why are you checking out wreckers? That just ain't right...

Eurostyle 12-18-2010 07:33 PM

^^^He should, but who is going to make him!? Police would just
tell you to deal with insurance, small claims court could tell him to pay but they won't make him! And all this time and aggravation is not even worth a brand new mirror!

Ps I have one, but not same colour

Qube 12-18-2010 07:50 PM

If you've got a witness, this is at least a summary conviction for vandalism. This should get his balls a little toasty. From there, file a small claims against him or let your comprehensive on your insurance take care of him for you. Of course if you have a silly high comp deductible like $500 then the latter is pointless.

If you've caught him in the act, there's no need to wait for karma. *uzi* *angel*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurostyle (Post 1470945)
^^^He should, but who is going to make him!? Police would just
tell you to deal with insurance, small claims court could tell him to pay but they won't make him! And all this time and aggravation is not even worth a brand new mirror!

Ps I have one, but not same colour

marks525 12-18-2010 08:43 PM

That will learn ya! As much as I hate to see a BMW vandalized, I;ve lived in a condo several years ago. So frustrating when your only parking spot is parked in and management doesn't want to tow it right away. Chalk it up to experience and be thankful that towing and storage didn't cost you more than a used mirror.

HavocSteve 12-19-2010 11:03 AM

It that happened to me, his car would be victim of my hatchet. I don't agree with people breaking others stuff. Especially when it comes to vehicles. He should have parked close to your car so you couldn't leave. It happened here when MaxBell parked beside my beat up E30, so this Dodge Ram parked behind his car and we almost couldn't get out, but we made it anyways :P

At Frazer Ford in Oshawa, there was a vandalized car there that was completely smashed by a axe. Not one piece of the car left untouched. I'm not sure if the insurance just scraped the Escape or proceeded to replace all body panels and windows (the SUV was a mess!).

silverfox328 12-19-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marks525 (Post 1470950)
That will learn ya! As much as I hate to see a BMW vandalized, I;ve lived in a condo several years ago. So frustrating when your only parking spot is parked in and management doesn't want to tow it right away. Chalk it up to experience and be thankful that towing and storage didn't cost you more than a used mirror.

You're right. i felt really bad for the guy and was getting his info from the concierge to formally apologize. i would have been pissed to see someone in my spot as well. I didnt do it out of spite or negligence, but was in the correct # butwrong level...truly an honest mistake. i just missed hime by 12 minutes as well...probably a good thing.

silverfox328 12-19-2010 02:26 PM

This forum is awesome...i have had great response and should have a decent one on by Monday. Thanks maxbimmer.

exbmwtech 12-19-2010 04:37 PM

Next time call me , I have a bunch of e-36 parts lying around....

silverfox328 12-19-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exbmwtech (Post 1471058)
Next time call me , I have a bunch of e-36 parts lying around....

of course...my bad.