Lowering 2007 550i suspension - springs
I am getting new wheels for my 2007 550i to replace the stock 17 inch rims - which I just turned into my winter wheels.
I plan to get summer configuration:
front - 245/35-19 inch rim
rear - 275/30-19 inch rim
I want to lower the suspension as well since my car does not have the sports package suspension.
I found H&R Springs with these specs:
Sport Spring E60 w/o self-leveling which should lower the car about 1.2-3 inches
however, I believe my suspension is self-leveling (e60) - unless I am mistaken.
My questions are:
1. What spring manufactorers and type would you recommend
2. Can I go without the self-leveling option? Is is better to keep the self-leveling suspension? Are there springs compatible with self-leveling suspension?
3. Could I use M5 2006 or 2008 springs?
Clearly, I am not an expert at all on what is the best way to lower my car, I don't want super racer springs, merely an improved suspension that would lower my car 1-1.5 inches and inmprove the handling a bit. Will I need to replace the sway bar as well?
Any help is much appreciated.
Welcome, and to answer your questions:
- Only E60 tourings have SLS, all sedans have standard rear suspension.
- M5 springs will actually raise your car since your car weights less
- Eibach & H&R are both fine, just read the fine prints and search what others have used, http://forums.5series.net/ is a very popular E60 forum.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.