maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   BBM for Iphone? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138298)

tig 11-06-2010 01:40 AM

BBM for Iphone?

Can this actually be done? or is it bullshit? his link obiously doesnt work

Jim .E. 11-06-2010 09:14 PM

there is an app call "What's App" - my sis has it on her BB and it works.

dbworld4k 11-07-2010 01:52 AM

+1 for What's App. Another popular one known as KIK Messenger is rather terrible and very unstable.

NOTORIOUS VR 11-07-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tig (Post 1462765)
Can this actually be done? or is it bullshit? his link obiously doesnt work

It's BS...

There is no was a non BB device can gain access to the RIM servers (you need to have a valid PIN), plus you need either a BIS/BES data plan.

What was happening in that video is this. BBM can add SMS messages into BBM if you like. That's all. No voodoo.

twboy1999 11-07-2010 01:53 PM

Just use whatsapp
Everyone use it

LOSO 11-07-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR (Post 1462965)
It's BS...

There is no was a non BB device can gain access to the RIM servers (you need to have a valid PIN), plus you need either a BIS/BES data plan.

What was happening in that video is this. BBM can add SMS messages into BBM if you like. That's all. No voodoo.

+1

This is true. Dude in the video is an idiot.

Quack 11-07-2010 09:15 PM

idiot was sending a text message, it shouldn't say iPhone"(mobile)" at the top, that means he was sending a message to a phone#, and also there shouldn't be a character limit, like where it shows the number 160 and was counting down when he was typing, that's only for text messages.

damameke 11-08-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR (Post 1462965)
It's BS...

NOTORIOUS VR is correct,,

the guy was demo-ing a text message from iPhone and received under BB BBM...furthermore it goes against the data plan..

something like Ping Chat..

NOTORIOUS VR 11-09-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twboy1999 (Post 1462992)
Just use whatsapp
Everyone use it

Gay...

twboy1999 11-09-2010 06:54 PM

so what is good?

dave850 11-10-2010 12:40 AM

Whats App is awesome i use that to chat with all my blackberry buddies on my iphone

ChrisTO 11-10-2010 08:34 AM

all of these other apps like Kik and Whatsapp requires all parties to have the app installed on their phone to work. i don't see them as true replacements for BBM. I can't imagine asking my business contacts to install an app. on their phone so I can IM them. It's a bit intrusive and some companies lock down their BB users so nothing can be installed on the phones. What then?

I'm with Notorious...

Good on RIM to have an app that is exclusive to themselves to keep the market share. For this very reason I can't see myself moving off BB to another device. BBM is just too useful to give up. Too bad they'll never catch up to Apple in the app space and UI.

NOTORIOUS VR 11-10-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave850 (Post 1463750)
Whats App is awesome i use that to chat with all my blackberry buddies on my iphone

Why not just send an SMS? Having an extra app to send messages doesn't make any sense. SMS/MMS is built into every phone already.

Why everyone wants to copy BBM with a stupid program is beyond me, you never get the same functionality. If you want BBM, get a BB. You can send pics, voice notes, and messages in real time all over the world for free and all totally secure/encrypted.

You just cannot beat a BB when it comes to communication. The phone, txt and email part of the BB cannot be surpassed by any phone out there. Yes it lacks in the app department compared to the eyephone, but it is what it is. It seems that everyone with eyephones just wants to see how many apps they can download because it's cool.

Hell I don't even play the stock games on my BB (or any phone I've had) and have actually removed all but one (brickbreaker).

ZiMMie 11-10-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR (Post 1463780)
Why not just send an SMS? Having an extra app to send messages doesn't make any sense. SMS/MMS is built into every phone already.

Why everyone wants to copy BBM with a stupid program is beyond me, you never get the same functionality. If you want BBM, get a BB. You can send pics, voice notes, and messages in real time all over the world for free and all totally secure/encrypted.

You just cannot beat a BB when it comes to communication. The phone, txt and email part of the BB cannot be surpassed by any phone out there. Yes it lacks in the app department compared to the eyephone, but it is what it is. It seems that everyone with eyephones just wants to see how many apps they can download because it's cool.

Hell I don't even play the stock games on my BB (or any phone I've had) and have actually removed all but one (brickbreaker).

Because not all of us has unlimited txt, and International txting is not cheap.i use wat's up on my N97 to talk to people internationally with iphones,BB, etc..

StikiGreenZ 11-10-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR (Post 1463524)
Gay...

Agreed. I'd rather just send some text messages instead of installing an app just to communicate with iPhone peeps. The fact that not everyone has this app is a big limitation. Until it becomes preloaded on everyone's phones, for me, there's no need for a dedicated app just to communicate with a handful of iPhone users I know.