maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (
-   Off-topic (
-   -   Ont. Superior Court strikes down 3 federal prostitution laws!? (

bmdbley'sBro 09-30-2010 12:27 AM

Ont. Superior Court strikes down 3 federal prostitution laws!?

Ont. Superior Court strikes down 3 federal prostitution laws

TORONTO An Ontario Superior Court ruled Tuesday that three federal prostitution laws are unconstitutional, paving the way for the decriminalization of the sex-trade industry in Canada.

The landmark ruling, for now, only strikes down the laws in Ontario, but if it survives an appeal, it will allow for other municipalities and jurisdictions in Canada to follow suit.

In a 131-page ruling, Justice Susan Himel wrote that the laws in the Criminal Code prohibiting sex-trade workers from running a bawdy house, communicating for the purpose of prostitution and living off the avails of prostitution, put their lives at risk.

"These laws, individually and together, force prostitutes to choose between their liberty interest and their right to security of the person as protected under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms," she said in a decision that has been on reserve for more than a year.

Prostitution is not illegal in Canada. However, many aspects of prostitution have been criminalized by Parliament.

The provisions struck down by the judge relate to adult prostitution and do not affect prohibitions involving people under 18 or measures to prosecute pimps in the sex trade.

Video - Read more:
so whats max's thoughts on this?

PinkieMoscow 09-30-2010 12:59 AM

I like prostitutes and hence I believe prostitution should be legal and regulated by the government. I believe that there is nothing wrong with it and if we can do things the right way it could be a huge economic benefit. Tax em pimps and hoes.

magnus 09-30-2010 02:20 AM

Prostitution is the oldest form of work!
And if it becomes government regulated its safe and easy.
Look at Amsterdam as an example!

AMG_POWER 09-30-2010 03:50 AM

legalalizeeeeeeeeee next please. :)

Bullet Ride 09-30-2010 08:40 AM

^lmao that episode of always sunny is great.