maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Phone stalker-what can I do? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136916)

Coupedup 09-16-2010 11:58 AM

Phone stalker-what can I do?

Hi guys,

The last 24 hours I have a phone stalker calling my house every 5 minutes and they know my name and my wifes name.

I have the number (its a cell phone) but when I call it person just hangs up on me and just keeps texting to my lineline over and over...

I have "reverse-look up'ed" and it comes up as a cell number in hamilton?

How do I find out who this is? anybody have a hook up at Bell Mobility?

Should I just contact the police?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm getting real pissed!!!!

doogee 09-16-2010 12:28 PM

You caught me. Lmao.

I guess if it persists, I'd let the police know since you already have the phone number.

grapebimmer 09-16-2010 12:37 PM

Call the number with your phone with caller ID OFF or call from another number, such as a pay-phone, if you can find one.

hockeyfan27 09-16-2010 12:38 PM

You could go on Kijiji and respond to hundreds of classified ads, "Hi i'm really interested, I'll come today with cash. please call me @ ###-###-####"

Their line will be so busy, they won't be able to get a call out to bother you.

However, better judgment says call the police.

E30 Girl 09-16-2010 01:02 PM

The cell phone company wont do anything for you at all I've have been in a similar situation and they said unless they have a warrant fron the police they wont tell you anything.

I would call the police if it doesn't stop but unfortunetly they probably wont do anything either.

Coupedup 09-16-2010 03:30 PM

Well just wasted many hours of my life at 12 division....as E30 girl stated police don't care as bell mobility requires a warrant before they will release any info.....their advice was change my numbers.

Unfortunately whoever the guy and girl are know where I live, know my cell, wifes name ect ect. changing all my numbers is not going to help my cause...
I am not talking about telemarkers here- this appears to be some kind of personal beef....

All I want to know is who owns the number and I'll take it from there...

I did like hockeyfan27's suggestion but at this point I'm still in fact-finding mode and need to see who I'm dealing with here....

Somebody on this board works at Bell Mobility or has a family member who does.... if your willing to help a guy (and his family out) I'll pm you the number and am willing to pay for the favour....

grapebimmer 09-16-2010 03:38 PM

Bell Mobility will NOT do that for you unless you have a court order. PRIVACY issues! ... and if anyone gets caught, they'll get fired and maybe charged!

I'm telling you, get someone else to call and listen, see if you recognize the voice...

Coupedup 09-16-2010 03:46 PM

I assure you I've tried all avenues legit & non legit today....

I don't understand how come I can be harrassed non-stop for 2 days- I have the number
responsible for the harrassment yet I have no recourse???

hockeyfan27 09-16-2010 03:52 PM

Maybe you can use that new telemarketing law against them.

"Report any unsolicited calls to the National Do Not Call List operator by calling (866) 580-3625. Telemarketers are required by law to ensure the numbers on the list are not called. They have access to a database with phone numbers that are registered. Penalties for not adhering to this law include a $1,500 fine for individuals and a $15,000 fine for corporations.

Read more: How to Stop Telemarketers in Ontario | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4886005_stop...#ixzz0ziwlntUl "

Call them, say this person won't stop calling you about buying whatever. It's not like they can prove what they were saying and you CAN prove how often they called. Maybe you can get them fined =)

Coupedup 09-16-2010 04:13 PM

At this point I'll try anything.....unfortunately I'm not dealing with a telemarketing issue...... this is personal -like some sort of psycho ex girlfriend rampage type scenerio...

The "live calls" were from a guy but when I call the number a girl answers then just hangs up immeditely then proceeds to send me a text to landline message to my home line.....

330Hi 09-16-2010 04:21 PM

Post the number here and let everyone here call him/her! :P

Just to say "Hello - stop calling (Coupedup)"

Kal 09-16-2010 04:27 PM

Call the cops and tell them there is someone giving you death threats. They will give you a code to call so it traces the number. Next time he calls, hang up dial the code. The police will then be able to track the individual calling you and charge him for the death threats your family faced. You can sue the caller after for emotional distress and give me 10% of your settlement ;)

hockeyfan27 09-16-2010 04:28 PM

can you not just block the number?

Coupedup 09-16-2010 04:30 PM

I'm trying to resist the temptation of doing that for the fear of the aftermath that may occur as a result....problems is they know lots about me but I know nothing about them (yet).... including where I live....

Next thing I know buddy' does the same to me and I have 4000 guys from the "Ford Focus Forums" (for example) calling my house!!!

Coupedup 09-16-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfan27 (Post 1451243)
can you not just block the number?

Yes but it leaves me with the question of who and why they are doing this to me.... next they'll be calling my office!