maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Mechanic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136337)

whiterasta 08-26-2010 12:24 PM

Mechanic

Hi there,

New to Ottawa,

BMW just ran out of warranty, looking for a good BMW mechanic in the Ottawa area to do my oil changes and any future needs.

Thanks

carjoe 08-26-2010 12:47 PM

What part of the city?

MarkD 08-26-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiterasta (Post 1446682)
Hi there,

New to Ottawa,

BMW just ran out of warranty, looking for a good BMW mechanic in the Ottawa area to do my oil changes and any future needs.

Thanks

Raphael Ready (STRIKER on Max) has a shop in Ottawa now. If you are intereted, I'll find the location and post it.

sb_600 08-26-2010 01:30 PM

As scary as it might sound, go see Canadian Tire on Carling. The service manager, Ralph, is a huge sponsor of the Motorsports Club of Ottawa and most of us will now only take our cars there.

Plus, he's huge on BMWs and knows the cars inside and out.

bmwconnect 08-26-2010 01:32 PM

+1 Autovation

everlast 08-27-2010 12:50 AM

Autovation is the only place that's ever touched my E30. Previous owner only took it to Duss Brothers where it was VERY well treated, I just don't like how he treats the car's owner.

whiterasta 09-04-2010 07:09 PM

Thanks to all

Hey guys thanks to all of you who have helped with this question. I do appreciate all the responses.

I'll do my research now on all of your recommendations and pick my spot for the future.

Thanks again...

Eurostyle 09-04-2010 08:32 PM

Try TurboReady (Raphael and crew), great guys to deal with! *th-up*

carjoe 09-04-2010 09:34 PM

Can we get a sticky with this topic?

MaxBell 10-12-2010 09:07 AM

Mechanic To You is the best guy I've ever used. Matt runs a business where he comes to your house and works on your car there. Exceptionally knowledgable and very fairly priced.

Bimmer p.i. 10-12-2010 12:58 PM

My regular guys can't diagnose the problem with my heater not working, and they sent me to Duss brothers on Wellington. They only work on BMW but I couldn't get an appointment until Friday, so they seem pretty busy.

EDIT - Based on other recommendations on this site, I called Autovation. Dillon has me in for tomorrow, and gave me a level of confidence that they can fix the problem while I wait. Screw Duss, I'm an Autovation man!!

carjoe 10-12-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beemer p.i. (Post 1457052)
My regular guys can't diagnose the problem with my heater not working, and they sent me to Duss brothers on Wellington. They only work on BMW but I couldn't get an appointment until Friday, so they seem pretty busy.

EDIT - Based on other recommendations on this site, I called Autovation. Dillon has me in for tomorrow, and gave me a level of confidence that they can fix the problem while I wait. Screw Duss, I'm an Autovation man!!

What's wrong with the heat in your car?

bmwconnect 10-12-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beemer p.i. (Post 1457052)

They have WiFI also ;) Derek(owner) is a good guy :)

Bimmer p.i. 10-12-2010 07:06 PM

The blower motor works when outside power is applied but won't work from the inside heater controls- it's either a wiring problem or I need a new in-dash control panel

whiterasta 11-24-2010 10:03 AM

Autovation

Hey guys,

i too took my car to autovation yesterday.

I put a new post about them..

You can read the post in our ottawa section.

Great honest guys there, first time user and i will return for any further issues.

Thanks for all the initial replies to assist me.