maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   4.0.1 jailbreak (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135619)

hypno_nls1 08-02-2010 05:41 AM

4.0.1 jailbreak

just a heads up everyone with iPhone 4's and 4.0.1 OS, jailbreak is uppp

T.Dot_E30 08-02-2010 08:57 AM

Link?

hadesm5 08-02-2010 11:17 AM

jailbreakme.com, your phone will be jailbroken through mobile safari.
Time to go jailbreak the iPhones at the applestore hehe.

BigD 08-02-2010 01:27 PM

Tried it, just restored the phone. Looks like everyone is doing it at the same time, all the sources are dead. I also noticed the phone being more sluggish (eg unlocking the screen). Maybe a coincidence but screw it. There were only a few things I wanted and turns out they're actually f'en expensive - like intelliscreen. I'll just wait for apple to implement that properly.

But I can confirm for anyone wanting to try that you can restore your phone almost 100%. All my texts, savegames etc are still there. The only thing it didn't restore is the music.

AMG_POWER 08-02-2010 02:33 PM

What is there in a jailbreak? What usefull apps does it have?

BigD 08-02-2010 02:44 PM

The jailbreak itself lifts the app limitations apple puts in and installs Cydia - the homebrew app store. I thought that it's all free packages but it's not. The good ones aren't free, and some are damn expensive in contrast to the 1-2 dollar stuff from the app store.

There are a few I wanted.

For one, you know you can't do facetime over 3G. Well the reason for that is that they're working on making that a pay option to add to your monthly bill. The My3G app will let you facetime over 3G.

MyWifi or MyWi, can't remember, turns your iphone into an access point (tether over wifi).

I miss having my winmo device show my upcoming calendar events on the today screen. NOthing in the appstore will do that. Intelliscreen will let you configure to show stuff like your upcoming calendar events, rss feeds, new email snippets, weather, on the lock screen. But for 10 bucks? **** that. Apple will add that to a future update, I know it.

EAlert will pop up a new email notification/snippet no matter what app you're in (instead of just the notification bleep you have now).

There's more (like ssh).

T.Dot_E30 08-02-2010 02:57 PM

Also if you jailbreak and install installous you can get free cracked apps like TomTom, Bejewel, etc,etc. Everything they have in the apps store is usually available cracked in installous, it even syncs with iTunes if you get a Cydia app called AppSync.

Kal 08-02-2010 05:39 PM

i just bought the iphone 4 yesterday .. never had an iphone before this .. wondering if this is something i should do ..

mkgino 08-02-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kal (Post 1440858)
i just bought the iphone 4 yesterday .. Never had an iphone before this .. Wondering if this is something i should do ..

yes

hypno_nls1 08-02-2010 10:06 PM

Any of the real real iphone people out here. If you happen to stumble across when the pwnage for 3GS on 4.0.1 software is released please give me a headsup, theres a semi hack for it up but only if you have unlocked it before, ive never unlocked my phone before

e36_freak 08-05-2010 12:26 PM

If you want free apps for jailbroken phones. install installous from Cydia (free app)
its basically a browser with a built in installer.

then go to apptrackr.org to download and install apps.

T.Dot_E30 08-05-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypno_nls1 (Post 1440925)
Any of the real real iphone people out here. If you happen to stumble across when the pwnage for 3GS on 4.0.1 software is released please give me a headsup, theres a semi hack for it up but only if you have unlocked it before, ive never unlocked my phone before

Why do you need the pwnage tool when there is a jailbreak out that you posted? Once you jailbreak you can then install n unlock.

hypno_nls1 08-05-2010 01:45 PM

Phone has already been unlocked but I've been lead to believe that jailbreak no longer unlocks the carrier, it use to back before apples major restrictions but since then if you want to unlock your carrier you need to use the pwnage tool to do so

propr'one 08-05-2010 02:06 PM

this is a very stupid way of jailbreaking your phone, you just upgraded your baseband which will make unlocking more difficult.

Use a hacked IPSW to jb your phone, sinfuliphone has lots of good ones. (i'm still running jb'ed 4.0)

hypno_nls1 08-05-2010 02:18 PM

^^I didnt upgraded my baseband, when I purchased the phone it was already upgraded, dont wanna downgrade now to the old OS.