maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio/Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   To polish or not to polish??? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13558)

Jase 04-02-2003 02:02 AM

To polish or not to polish???

1 Attachment(s)
I bought a set of borbet type A wheels for my e30. I am currently getting the lip polished. I was wonder what you guys thought of the entire wheel polished instead of painted or powered coated.....
leave it to a poll. sorry I don't have any other pics of the wheels.
Jase

ToBimer 04-02-2003 02:51 AM

don't do any thing. their sick as is

Miguel 04-02-2003 03:07 AM

Re: To polish or not to polish???

Quote:

Originally posted by Jase
I bought a set of borbet type A wheels for my e30. I am currently getting the lip polished. I was wonder what you guys thought of the entire wheel polished instead of painted or powered coated.....
leave it to a poll. sorry I don't have any other pics of the wheels.
Jase

Umm... where did you get those? what size are they? how much $$ did they cost you?

thinair 04-02-2003 04:44 AM

It looks nice the way it is, but a polished lip would look amazing, just be ready for the work of keeping them clean and shiny. Any sort of tiny scratch will show once you try hand polishing afterwards. Also, with such a large lip, it being polished may attract some unwanted attention....

IMO, polishing the whole wheel would be a bit much, too bling blingy.

Maybe you should just run them the way they are for a while and think about it.

Slowered318 04-02-2003 05:53 AM

WOW jase!

Thoes are awsome!!! They would look great polished but remember the work involved in maintaining them. I can't wait to get my deep dish, I hope they are as deep as thoes!

girls love when you go "deep"

Jase 04-02-2003 03:14 PM

they are 16x7.5 and they cost me ....lets just say under 700. the lip was damaged and I had to repair it. So I had a place polish the lip. They problem remains that the wheel has some scratches on the star. I was thinking of repainting them or powdercoating them. The place polishing them gave me a good deal if I wanted to polish the whole wheel so I thought I would get some opinions.
Thanks
Jase

Slowered318 04-02-2003 04:51 PM

jase.. is that your M-tech kit i see?

Can you post some pictures if you have them. I wanna see what deep dish 16 look like with the body kit on there.

Jase 04-02-2003 07:23 PM

I don't pick up my mtech kit until next week. and the wheels are not done yet. So sorry no pics. Plus I need to lower the car before I take any photos.And put the interior back in

djcontra 04-03-2003 02:03 PM

They look very nice as is, but would also look very nice polished.

I say keep em the way they are, and whenever the time comes to refinish them, you can get the polished.

no sense in doing it while theyr'e still beautiful! =)