maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   BMS Powerbox (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134949)

McGrumpy 07-08-2010 04:58 PM

BMS Powerbox
 
Hi everyone I have read a number of posts on the Bimmer forums about this add on and wondered who has / is running the same here in Canada. Also where to buy I am located in Ottawa.

I have an 07' 328 xi and the warranty is done March, 2011 so I'm not too concerned in that regard.

Anyways, just wanting to know what my Canadian brothren have to say.

MarkD 07-08-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McGrumpy (Post 1435150)
Hi everyone I have read a number of posts on the Bimmer forums about this add on and wondered who has / is running the same here in Canada. Also where to buy I am located in Ottawa.

I have an 07' 328 xi and the warranty is done March, 2011 so I'm not too concerned in that regard.

Anyways, just wanting to know what my Canadian brothren have to say.

The best way to get more power is with a re-flash, not an external device. I can load performance software in your car if you are ever in Toronto.

nofear_102 07-09-2010 12:51 PM

Hi MarkD, why is that better? I would think the option to run multiple profiles and go back to stock at any time would be superior.

MarkD 07-09-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nofear_102 (Post 1435368)
Hi MarkD, why is that better? I would think the option to run multiple profiles and go back to stock at any time would be superior.

It's always better to be running software inside the ECU instead of adjusting signals from sensors to fool the ECU into what is really happening. That's how those other systems work.

And why do you really need multiple profiles? That is more marketing than anything else. Most people want the max power available, and those various profiles only satisfy people's interest in turning a dial and feeling like they are in control. If I had a 335 or M3, I'd want the most power always available. No need to dial in "church mode" on Sunday mornings. *wiggle*

Next year I hope to buy an E92 M3 and get it up to around 460 hp and I won't have any tuning box on it.

McGrumpy 07-10-2010 02:47 PM

Well after reading all the positive reviews I went ahead and ordered a PowerBox through N54tuning.com out of the Toronto area.*rockout*

I will post my thoughts for those that might be interested once installed.*th-up*

canuckder 07-10-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkD (Post 1435374)
It's always better to be running software inside the ECU instead of adjusting signals from sensors to fool the ECU into what is really happening. That's how those other systems work.

And why do you really need multiple profiles? That is more marketing than anything else. Most people want the max power available, and those various profiles only satisfy people's interest in turning a dial and feeling like they are in control. If I had a 335 or M3, I'd want the most power always available. No need to dial in "church mode" on Sunday mornings. *wiggle*

Next year I hope to buy an E92 M3 and get it up to around 460 hp and I won't have any tuning box on it.

+ having great support a phone call or email away. Someone that actually tunes and installs can explain any questions.

McGrumpy 07-14-2010 06:42 PM

Had the PBX installed this morning along with a drop-in K&N filter and am VERY pleased with the results! Lots of snot between 1-2nd and really moves!

Just want to say thanks to Mike @ N54Tuning for the superfast delivery.*rockout*

nofear_102 07-14-2010 08:57 PM

What is the install like? is it DIY?

McGrumpy 07-14-2010 09:08 PM

I had a friend that owns a garage do it. I have read lot's of guys doing it themselves and after watching my buddy do it, it's not that bad.

Personally I am glad I didn't tackle it myself though.:rolleyes:

The company is based out of Mississauga I believe and I think he offers installation but not 100%.

It takes about 40-60 minutes for the install.

Mike07335i 10-06-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McGrumpy (Post 1436673)
Had the PBX installed this morning along with a drop-in K&N filter and am VERY pleased with the results! Lots of snot between 1-2nd and really moves!

Just want to say thanks to Mike @ N54Tuning for the superfast delivery.*rockout*

Happy to help :)

Mike


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.