maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Will the Police now Succeed In Covering Up Reports of Rape and Torture at G20? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134769)

bmdbley'sBro 07-02-2010 11:35 AM

Will the Police now Succeed In Covering Up Reports of Rape and Torture at G20?
 
Quote:

‘I will not forget what they have done to me’ 20 people arrested at the G20 tell of ‘inhumane’ treatment at the hands of police

Accusations of wrong-doing
Jailed female protesters say they were strip searched and threatened



http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/toro...ave-done-to-me

http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/g20/.../14547171.html
I was told I was going to be gang banged. I was told that I was never going to want to act as a journalist again by making sure I was going to be repeatedly raped while I was in jail,” she said.




all from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcXhE...layer_embedded

Quote:

Now that Canada is officially the most oppressive and backward dictatorship in the west, will authorities be allowed to cover-up the Abu-Ghraib style incarceration methods Toronto police engaged in during the G20 summit this past weekend, where women were arrested and subsequently raped by male cops?

In the video above, journalist Amy Miller describes how women arrested by Toronto police were threatened with rape, that numerous women were strip-searched by male officers and that one severely traumatized woman was sexually molested by police who stuck their fingers up her vagina.

Sexual penetration of an individual against their will is called rape. If these reports are accurate, and there’s no reason to think otherwise given everything else we’ve witnessed not only over the past few days but over the past several years in Canada, Toronto police officers are not only brutal thugs who like to lie about the law, unlawfully arrest people, snatch and grab protesters using unmarked cars, and beat up journalists from major newspapers, but they are also rapists who prey on innocent women.

We have now learned that Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair engaged in mass public deception by lying about the claim that Toronto’s “Public Works Act” mandated G20 protesters to show their ID. The law doesn’t exist, it was never passed. The police officers who cited this law when arresting Charlie Veitch were knowingly engaging in wrongful arrest and should be sued.

Likewise, the goons who brutally molested women Abu-Ghraib style need to be identified and prosecuted. Miller should seek out the victims and bring charges against those involved, and not allow these monsters to cover-up their shameful behavior.

UPDATE: We have now learned that four journalists, including Miller, have “filed complaints with Ontario’s police watchdog, with allegations that police physically assaulted or threatened to sexually assault the females when they were arrested during the Toronto G20 summit.”

In addition, Guardian journalist Jesse Rosenfeld has spoken publicly of his ordeal at the hands of G20 police.

“I was grabbed on each side and hit in the stomach and back and pounced on by officers. I kept asking them why they were beating me because I wasn’t resisting arrest. But they lifted my leg and twisted my ankle,” said Rosenfield.



E30 Girl 07-02-2010 12:18 PM

This is just discusting! Most cops are nothing but dirty, ego inflated pigs that think they have the right because they wear a uniform!

These are just a few stories that turned my stomach. If this is how visitors are going to be treated then I don't blame them I would never want to come back here either...hell I live here and I can't wait to get out!!!

Adam MacIsaac, P.E.I

MacIsaac, an independent journalist in town for the G20, took out his video camera to document police search methods and says he was aggressively thrown to the ground. Police began kicking him in the ribs and stunning him with a stun gun. “I have a pacemaker!” he screamed repeatedly, but says they didn’t listen.

MacIsaac was eventually taken to St. Joseph’s Hospital where he was handcuffed to a hospital bed. He says officers harassed him; one repeatedly asked if his pacemaker battery was nuclear. He was later taken to the detention centre and left alone in the back of police cruiser. When police let him go seven hours later, they said they had no idea where his $6000 worth of equipment went. They told him to file a complaint.

Amy Miller, Montreal

Miller, an independent journalist, was on her way to the jail solidarity protest Sunday around noon with fellow journalist Adam MacIsaac. She stopped at Bloor and St. Thomas Sts. where she saw police officers searching a group of young people carrying backpacks. She says police attacked her.

“I was throttled at the neck and held down. Next thing you know I was being cuffed and put in one of the wagons.” She says she was threatened and harassed by police at the Eastern Ave. detention centre. “I was told I was going to be raped, I was told I was going to be gangbanged, I was told that they were going to make sure that I was never going to want to act as a journalist again.”

She also says she spoke to numerous young women who were strip-searched by male officers.

Jean-Christophe Martel, 21, Granby, Que.

Martel was arrested on the subway at 11 a.m. Sunday after police searched his bags and found something they considered to be heroin in his emergency medical kit. Police charged him with trafficking heroin.

Martel says he was not involved with the violence in any way.

After 24 hours, he was released from the detention centre Monday afternoon and the charge against him was dropped.

“I’m going back to Quebec,” he said. “I’ll never leave that province again.”

propr'one 07-02-2010 12:19 PM

its ok, when the revolution comes, i bet i'm a better shot than most of them ;)

325isdan 07-02-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E30 Girl (Post 1433270)
This is just discusting! Most cops are nothing but dirty, ego inflated pigs that think they have the right because they wear a uniform!

These are just a few stories that turned my stomach. If this is how visitors are going to be treated then I don't blame them I would never want to come back here either...hell I live here and I can't wait to get out!!!

Adam MacIsaac, P.E.I

MacIsaac, an independent journalist in town for the G20, took out his video camera to document police search methods and says he was aggressively thrown to the ground. Police began kicking him in the ribs and stunning him with a stun gun. “I have a pacemaker!” he screamed repeatedly, but says they didn’t listen.

MacIsaac was eventually taken to St. Joseph’s Hospital where he was handcuffed to a hospital bed. He says officers harassed him; one repeatedly asked if his pacemaker battery was nuclear. He was later taken to the detention centre and left alone in the back of police cruiser. When police let him go seven hours later, they said they had no idea where his $6000 worth of equipment went. They told him to file a complaint.

Amy Miller, Montreal

Miller, an independent journalist, was on her way to the jail solidarity protest Sunday around noon with fellow journalist Adam MacIsaac. She stopped at Bloor and St. Thomas Sts. where she saw police officers searching a group of young people carrying backpacks. She says police attacked her.

“I was throttled at the neck and held down. Next thing you know I was being cuffed and put in one of the wagons.” She says she was threatened and harassed by police at the Eastern Ave. detention centre. “I was told I was going to be raped, I was told I was going to be gangbanged, I was told that they were going to make sure that I was never going to want to act as a journalist again.”

She also says she spoke to numerous young women who were strip-searched by male officers.

Jean-Christophe Martel, 21, Granby, Que.

Martel was arrested on the subway at 11 a.m. Sunday after police searched his bags and found something they considered to be heroin in his emergency medical kit. Police charged him with trafficking heroin.

Martel says he was not involved with the violence in any way.

After 24 hours, he was released from the detention centre Monday afternoon and the charge against him was dropped.

“I’m going back to Quebec,” he said. “I’ll never leave that province again.”

Most police officers are NOT dirty. They are just regular joes like you and me.

Are there dirty one? you better believe it, but not most.

abc12 07-02-2010 11:59 PM

regarding this topic, i heard rumors that the police cars that were set on fire were un-plated... any truth to this?

daytona 07-03-2010 12:11 AM

all this BS about the police,yes they treated some people roughly,they treated others with respect,everywhere they had supervisors and the detention center had the SIU monitoring the area since they figure that was where the possibility of abuse may happen.Ems supervisors was there and so was the redcross.SO before you start to accuse the cops of those incidents you better have proof.If I was a black block wearing civilian clothes and got jailed in a holding cell of course I would start to scream to the press about abuse.The police officers did what the supervisors told them,they did their job.No one was seriously hurt no one died,they didnt use the water cannons,they didnt use tasers,they didnt use the sound cannon.If there is blame to go around it should be Harper and Miller for allowing a G20 to held in the heart of Toronto.

and another thing all the righteous posters here saying all cops are bad cops is what did the protesters accomplished?..nothing...G8 countries left promising things they cant deliver due to the huge amount of debt,G20 countries left with the same guidelines they been working with and will continue to struggle to provide half decent living conditions for their people.The riots was lame compared to European riots,it was a side show for those carrying cameras and the media,I cannot believe all the weak ass protesters Toronto has whining about their so call "rights" being abused and being "jailed" for 24 hours.You knew the police be out in force,you knew they were going to be arresting everything in sight,you went as a spectator you came out as one of the players.

bunnykiller 07-03-2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona (Post 1433451)
all this BS about the police,yes they treated some people roughly,they treated others with respect,everywhere they had supervisors and the detention center had the SIU monitoring the area since they figure that was where the possibility of abuse may happen.Ems supervisors was there and so was the redcross.SO before you start to accuse the cops of those incidents you better have proof.If I was a black block wearing civilian clothes and got jailed in a holding cell of course I would start to scream to the press about abuse.The police officers did what the supervisors told them,they did their job.No one was seriously hurt no one died,they didnt use the water cannons,they didnt use tasers,they didnt use the sound cannon.If there is blame to go around it should be Harper and Miller for allowing a G20 to held in the heart of Toronto.

+1 *th-up*

bmdbley'sBro 07-04-2010 01:54 AM

its always awesome seeing the loyal party support for numerous videos of assault, abuse and the same for claims of abuse, torture & rape.
but then how else could you succeed at covering it up.







Facebook group: Canadians Demanding a Public Inquiry into Toronto G20
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid...
Join

Canadian Civil Liberties Association
http://ccla.org/
Sign their petition for a PUBLIC INQUIRY.

Amnesty International
http://www.amnesty.ca/iwriteforjustic...
Sign their petition for a PUBLIC INQUIRY.


MORE MEDIA

Police violently rounding up peaceful protesters in Queen's Park
http://vimeo.com/12883752

Police violently snatching peaceful bystanders at Queen/Spadina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aohGLp...

Police explicitly stating their policy of "violate rights, deal with it later"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZgjX5...

Toronto Star: stories about arrests and police abuse
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/toron...

Detailed firsthand account of arrest and detention
http://backofthebook.ca/2010/07/01/ho...

Photos from inside detention centre
http://www.blogto.com/city/2010/06/in...

Toronto Sun: Police were given "do not engage" orders in response to Black Bloc
http://www.torontosun.com/news/column...

Winnipeg Sun: detained women strip searched by male officers, threatened with rape
http://www.winnipegsun.com/news/g20/2...\

Firsthand account of women strip searched by male officers, threatened with rape
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcXhEd...

Thestar: Store owners on Yonge call police, told "protect yourselves"
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/toron...

M3speed 07-04-2010 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona (Post 1433451)
all this BS about the police,yes they treated some people roughly,they treated others with respect,everywhere they had supervisors and the detention center had the SIU monitoring the area since they figure that was where the possibility of abuse may happen.Ems supervisors was there and so was the redcross.SO before you start to accuse the cops of those incidents you better have proof.If I was a black block wearing civilian clothes and got jailed in a holding cell of course I would start to scream to the press about abuse.The police officers did what the supervisors told them,they did their job.No one was seriously hurt no one died,they didnt use the water cannons,they didnt use tasers,they didnt use the sound cannon.If there is blame to go around it should be Harper and Miller for allowing a G20 to held in the heart of Toronto.

and another thing all the righteous posters here saying all cops are bad cops is what did the protesters accomplished?..nothing...G8 countries left promising things they cant deliver due to the huge amount of debt,G20 countries left with the same guidelines they been working with and will continue to struggle to provide half decent living conditions for their people.The riots was lame compared to European riots,it was a side show for those carrying cameras and the media,I cannot believe all the weak ass protesters Toronto has whining about their so call "rights" being abused and being "jailed" for 24 hours.You knew the police be out in force,you knew they were going to be arresting everything in sight,you went as a spectator you came out as one of the players.

+1 *th-up*

daytona 07-04-2010 09:14 AM

Not one of those videos show what happen before the arrest,they show the cops arresting struggling protesters with the hostile crowd trying to get to the accused.How about showing videos of protesters spitting at the cops,throwing ball bearings and bricks or those who asked many time to back up and wont.How the hell would you expect the cops to react when a douche protester throws a punch at a cop and runs into crowd of his buddies supporting him,the cops will go in and arrest everyone which is part of the crowd,the cops cant target one person in a mass of hostile crowd they have to control the area first.Peaceful protest great,protest with intention to riot is not good.The police was not allowed to be more aggressive by the politicans,if they were allowed to do what they were trained to do the rioters would have really reasons to bitch...%100 behind cops...%100 behind those who protested peacefully...

bunnykiller 07-04-2010 11:06 AM

Seriously you guys are ****ed. That screaming bitch was tottaly disturbing the peace and they had to remove her before things got out of control. ****ing ppl want to live in the best country on earth but bitch and moan when they try to keep order.

bmdbley'sBro 07-04-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona (Post 1433618)
Not one of those videos show what happen before the arrest,they show the cops arresting struggling protesters with the hostile crowd trying to get to the accused.

How about showing videos of protesters spitting at the cops,throwing ball bearings and bricks or those who asked many time to back up and wont.How the hell would you expect the cops to react when a douche protester throws a punch at a cop and runs into crowd of his buddies supporting him,the cops will go in and arrest everyone which is part of the crowd,the cops cant target one person in a mass of hostile crowd they have to control the area first.Peaceful protest great,protest with intention to riot is not good.The police was not allowed to be more aggressive by the politicans,if they were allowed to do what they were trained to do the rioters would have really reasons to bitch...%100 behind cops...%100 behind those who protested peacefully...

see that (orange) is just your opinion. go find me videos of that!

see when i say 'there were 3x's as many cops as protestors', its not just my opinion - look at the vid.fact.

anybody with a soul gets upset *smoke*



Anyways let me give you the Final deductions to your 'logic' :rolleyes: :
the gov should be able to put chips in our brains (especially cops) that read all your thoughts, track all you do, be tied into your bank acct & meter all your vitals, cause you could hurt some1 or have a medical emergency!

This way everybody will be safe, monitored & controlled. protest becomes impossible in this scientific 'utopia' or dictatorship, basically everything laid out in huxleys brave new world & orwells 1984

bunnykiller 07-04-2010 01:06 PM

LOL ^ ur ****ed dude. These ppl are clearly distubing the peace and preventing public transit and other cars to pass. The cops are doing safe and strategic cround control.

You seem like one of those people narirating the vid, no clue about law but keep bitching about rights.

M3speed 07-04-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnykiller (Post 1433656)
LOL ^ ur ****ed dude. These ppl are clearly distubing the peace and preventing public transit and other cars to pass. The cops are doing safe and strategic cround control.

You seem like one of those people narirating the vid, no clue about law but keep bitching about rights.

lol *th-up*

sirex 07-04-2010 01:56 PM

lol, its funny because the CTV producer that got arrested wasn't black bloc, and yet he wasn't given proper treatment... funn yhow he even said lots of people in the cells were injured and were not given treatment.

where was redcross then? where was EMS then?

black bloc, lol, what a joke. theyve indoctrinated half the population with this shit its hilarious.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015