maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   PC Games (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134380)

abc12 06-19-2010 12:51 PM

PC Games

i've been out of the PC world for quite sometime now, to give you an idea, I just upgraded from a pentium 2, probably been about a decade or so since then. So pretty much just got a complete up to date system now, mainly for games and the basic stuff, nothing professional.

I use to play alot of counter-strike, quake team fortress (don't know if people still play these) and racing games. Wondering what PC games you guys play or recommend in terms of action, 1st person shooting, racing... etc. .. especially for online play.

thanks

mstearnsy 06-19-2010 02:18 PM

If you like shooters and racing you've gotta get an Xbox! Call of Duty series and Forza 3. The upcoming Gran Turismo 5 (if it ever releases) might be reason enough to get PS3.

bunnykiller 06-19-2010 02:40 PM

First person shooters are really shit compaired to PC.

5style 06-19-2010 03:01 PM

not sure if srs

Fel 06-19-2010 06:13 PM

Get a Steam account and go shopping.

If you like shooters, the big multiplayer game right now on PC is still Bad Company 2. If you liked Team Fortress, you could always give TF2 a chance, it's fun as hell and has a really cool style to it (plus it's only like 20 bucks).

Luckily there are a bunch of really great looking games coming out over the next little while so there's no shortage of cool shit to play.

Not sure what's great in terms of racing games, I don't play those on PC.

...what are your PC's specs? Do you have a good video card?

sirex 06-19-2010 06:18 PM

all the games that exist today are just remakes of older games with better graphics, and half the time, they skimp out on shit.. so the older game had more options/variety... Back when PC game developers cared about their customers.

Now they make everything for consoles first, and then just port it to PC, which is not difficult since thye make the games on the PC in the first place.

Its a dissapointment

ScotcH 06-19-2010 11:35 PM

quakelive.com is free ... based on Q3arena ... super fun, and no hassle install. Fire up your browser, play a game or two, then get on with your life.

AMG_POWER 06-20-2010 01:37 AM

Call of duty modern warfare is the one I play time to time, i think its the best shooter game right now.

NOTORIOUS VR 06-21-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScotcH (Post 1430059)
quakelive.com is free ... based on Q3arena ... super fun, and no hassle install. Fire up your browser, play a game or two, then get on with your life.

that's freekin' awesome!

OP: You just moved up from a PII? wow! :eek:

ScotcH 06-21-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR (Post 1430315)
that's freekin' awesome!

OP: You just moved up from a PII? wow! :eek:

Yeah, I waste time on QL a few times a week.

PII is not so bad. My parents have a Celeron still :P

2slow2race 06-21-2010 08:55 PM

i just got a p4. love it. haha

Trekz 06-21-2010 08:58 PM

i still use a 3ghz celeron lol

abc12 06-22-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel (Post 1430006)
Get a Steam account and go shopping.

If you like shooters, the big multiplayer game right now on PC is still Bad Company 2. If you liked Team Fortress, you could always give TF2 a chance, it's fun as hell and has a really cool style to it (plus it's only like 20 bucks).

Luckily there are a bunch of really great looking games coming out over the next little while so there's no shortage of cool shit to play.

Not sure what's great in terms of racing games, I don't play those on PC.

...what are your PC's specs? Do you have a good video card?

tried quakelive, actually does it job quite well, brought back some memories.

i'm running intel duo core 2 2.93 ghz, with a ati radeon hd 5450 chipset (650mhz) 1gb (800mhz) gddr3 dual display dvi/hdmi.d-sub pci express 2.1 graphics card. I don't know much about computers anymore, friend suggested the parts and put it together for me, said this would be good enough for games and whatever.

but the thing that surprised me, was the prices for computer parts, so freaking cheap than back in the days. Since i came from a pentium 2, parts for that were expensive. for my new computer, parts for everything were like a couple bucks here and there.... 30 bucks for a dvd burner, 50 bucks for 2 gigs of ram.... etc...., years ago, friend of mine spent almost a $1000.00 for a new released DVD burner, i spent over hundred bucks for a 128mb of ram.... wow...

how old or new is a celeron compared to a pent. 2....

abc12 06-23-2010 07:36 PM

hey guys, need some advice/opinions, since i got a whole new system desk-top, i've been trying to salvage my stuff from my old hard drives from my old system. One HD i was able to recover my stuff on it with no problems (it was the main system c: drive), but the other HD which was a slave isn't showing up @ all on "my computer" folder which shows you all the drives that are connected. I tried all the jumper settings on it, even bought one of those HD drive enclosures. But nothing @ all... it does power up no problem, and does show up on my "device manager" but I can't get access into it @ all, stuff on it that I would like to have back if possible,

any IT guys on here for suggestions? many thanks....