maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Videos and Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   2010 Dodge Challenger "Freedom" Commercial (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134148)

Bullet Ride 06-11-2010 07:52 PM

2010 Dodge Challenger "Freedom" Commercial

Apparently supposed to be a bit of a joke for the upcoming match between USA and England?

Dado 540 06-11-2010 08:54 PM

Hahah dumb Americans

HavocSteve 06-12-2010 02:51 AM

LOL.... only reason why the Challenger is so good is because it has all the Charger stuff. Same frame and all, just a different body shape. Also there's a new Charger style coming shortly.

Bullet Ride 06-12-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavocSteve (Post 1428159)
LOL.... only reason why the Challenger is so good is because it has all the Charger stuff.

:huh?: The charger is a piece of junk

HavocSteve 06-12-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullet Ride (Post 1428173)
:huh?: The charger is a piece of junk

Actually it's a decent car. My next door neighbor works at the plant along with his wife. His garage has so many new cars parts lol. He has a Charger R/T that's close to 400hp n/a. the thing is just a beast. He's got the chip and the proper cold air intake ect.

Bullet Ride 06-12-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavocSteve (Post 1428205)
Actually it's a decent car. My next door neighbor works at the plant along with his wife. His garage has so many new cars parts lol. He has a Charger R/T that's close to 400hp n/a. the thing is just a beast. He's got the chip and the proper cold air intake ect.

Power isn't everything. I've driven a charger, one of the v6 ones. It drove like shit, the steering didn't have much feedback, the gas pedal felt too light, and the suspension was rubbish. I basically couldn't feel the car at all while I was driving it. Then again some people like that in a car. The fit and finish wasn't good at all either, the car just felt cheap all around.

HavocSteve 06-12-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullet Ride (Post 1428211)
Power isn't everything. I've driven a charger, one of the v6 ones. It drove like shit, the steering didn't have much feedback, the gas pedal felt too light, and the suspension was rubbish. I basically couldn't feel the car at all while I was driving it. Then again some people like that in a car. The fit and finish wasn't good at all either, the car just felt cheap all around.

Have to remember that it's basically an economy car lol. The dodge line up with the R/T badge is where you get the performance. Bimbo brakes, sport suspension, bigger engine, better throttle response, ect.. You drive any car really that's worth 20grand compared to a loaded to the tits 70ish grand car. My mom went to Durham Dodge to price out a new Charger R/T. 65k with some change. The car was a rocket, and my dad was getting off the off ramp at Stevenson (new off ramp that GM built) at almost 120kp/h lol.

Bullet Ride 06-12-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavocSteve (Post 1428215)
Bimbo brakes

lol :D

HavocSteve 06-12-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullet Ride (Post 1428223)
lol :D

My bad lol I've only been up for a hr.. still kinda sleeping lol

4runnerguy 10-10-2010 12:27 PM

just go after the charger srt8 that thing isnt bad very good ride overall good all around family car to

Eurotakeover 10-11-2010 06:28 PM

wow. Challenger is junk, i've driven one. They are so big with little room inside and they handle like poo!

mudmojo 10-11-2010 10:43 PM

Haven't driven a Challenger. It might be a terrible numbing and uninspiring ride but at least they did one thing right that should be applauded... THEY BROUGHT BACK THE STICK SHIFT!!

davericher20 10-15-2010 05:22 PM

That commercial was retarded

I've driven the charger SRT8 and I can't really do a review cause it was 3 years ago when I didn't know how to drive. All I remember was this monster screaming under the hood BRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And amazing brakes.

JNSchnitzer 10-15-2010 07:19 PM

There's a couple of things that America got wrong, Dodge and Dodge

calegrant 10-16-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavocSteve (Post 1428215)
Have to remember that it's basically an economy car lol. The dodge line up with the R/T badge is where you get the performance. Bimbo brakes, sport suspension, bigger engine, better throttle response, ect.. You drive any car really that's worth 20grand compared to a loaded to the tits 70ish grand car. My mom went to Durham Dodge to price out a new Charger R/T. 65k with some change. The car was a rocket, and my dad was getting off the off ramp at Stevenson (new off ramp that GM built) at almost 120kp/h lol.

And at that price level there are much more capable well built vehicles that make the Charger look like shit. These "muscle" cars need 500+hp just to get their huge mass moving at a reasonable enough speed to call them fast.