maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   USed car sales and HST (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134123)

maroli 06-11-2010 12:02 AM

USed car sales and HST
 
I wasn't quite clear on this so I'm hoping someone can clear this up. Currently, we only pay RST which is 8%. If we buy a used car privately, do we still only get taxed at 8%? What about if we buy a used vehicle from a dealer? Thanks for answering.

325isdan 06-11-2010 12:41 AM

It will change to 13%.

Boo-urns.

325isdan 06-11-2010 12:45 AM

Gas going up to 13%?!

slemmer 06-11-2010 08:59 AM

No HST if car is sold privately to family members.

maroli 06-11-2010 09:22 AM

damn it. **** the conservatives. but oh, everything's okay now, we're getting mailed $100. What a trite gesture.

325isdan 06-11-2010 10:53 AM

I have been getting the GST/HST cheque for years now. So what will the difference be?? What a scam.

chromius 06-11-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroli (Post 1427878)
damn it. **** the conservatives. but oh, everything's okay now, we're getting mailed $100. What a trite gesture.

Just a heads up, it's not the conservatives. It's the Provincial Liberals. Thank Dalton Mcliar.*thmbsdwn*. If it wasn't for the conservatives it would be 15% instead of 13%.

Blades 06-11-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maroli (Post 1427878)
damn it. **** the conservatives. but oh, everything's okay now, we're getting mailed $100. What a trite gesture.

try Liberals .. and you can thank them for the bs racing law while your at it.

mstearnsy 06-11-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blades (Post 1427923)
try Liberals .. and you can thank them for the bs racing law while your at it.

AND the "health premium" tax increase that he brought out in his first term, right after he promised he wouldn't raise taxes in the campaign.

5style 06-11-2010 12:42 PM

lol, should of protested.

Deep 3.2TL 06-11-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 325isdan (Post 1427906)
I have been getting the GST/HST cheque for years now. So what will the difference be?? What a scam.

You must make under the household bracket - We haven't been able to get it for years...

We got $330 - this week - part of the HST we are taking extra, so here's $1K back money... I think it's 3 payments over the year of $330 that you are supposed to get if you earn under $160K a year as a household. We'll get it this year, but not next - my wife was on maternity this year, so we are under $160K...

chromius 06-11-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep 3.2TL (Post 1427968)
You must make under the household bracket - We haven't been able to get it for years...

We got $330 - this week - part of the HST we are taking extra, so here's $1K back money... I think it's 3 payments over the year of $330 that you are supposed to get if you earn under $160K a year as a household. We'll get it this year, but not next - my wife was on maternity this year, so we are under $160K...

Not if you're single. We get screwed with only $300 total. ($100x3 cheques). Not to mention the fact that no matter how much you're getting back, all they're doing is giving you your money back that you've already over-paid in taxes. The whole thing is a big giant scam of a shell game, in which at the end of the game the taxpayer still loses.*thmbsdwn*

Deep 3.2TL 06-11-2010 03:46 PM

^^^^

ahh it's a married versus single thing. The gst rebate is income related though. I haven't been able to get one for years.

maroli 06-11-2010 03:55 PM

ah, is the liberal? my bad.

Robb 06-11-2010 09:31 PM

Vote ndp


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015