maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E30 (1983 - 1991) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Pics From Auto X and E30 Cruise (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133990)

Brent 06-06-2010 10:20 PM

Pics From Auto X and E30 Cruise

6 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, not the greatest photographer, but I thought I'd post a couple of pics from both events for everyone to check out, and to get the picture thread started. Great day at both the auto x and the cruise! If anyone else has good pics, please post them. (I've posted lots of pictures before, not sure why these seem to be so large, any ideas?)

HavocSteve 06-06-2010 11:08 PM

Almost every E30 is red >_< ahahah.. great turn out and was fun!

craz azn 06-06-2010 11:43 PM

Nice pics Brent *th-up*

everlast 06-07-2010 11:38 AM

No actions shots? I imagine the pics are that large since you didn't resize them? Picasa is free and easy to manage your pics. You can export your pics all the same size. I use it.

HavocSteve 06-07-2010 12:28 PM

Someone else had a camera taking pictures. Me and Matt drifted and I think buddy took a picture of it as we left for the beginning of the cruise. Would be a sick picture to see if he on this forum.

craz azn 06-07-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavocSteve (Post 1426669)
Someone else had a camera taking pictures. Me and Matt drifted and I think buddy took a picture of it as we left for the beginning of the cruise. Would be a sick picture to see if he on this forum.

LOL @ drift. Just FYI for next time, that sorta thing is frowned upon while in any sort of parking lot/photo location, etc etc. Its not a rice meet that we are still in high school trying to one up the guy next to us. Looks childish.

Aloush 06-07-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craz azn (Post 1426727)
LOL @ drift. Just FYI for next time, that sorta thing is frowned upon while in any sort of parking lot/photo location, etc etc. Its not a rice meet that we are still in high school trying to one up the guy next to us. Looks childish.

going 100+km/hr on main roads and infront of parks is ok i guess cuz certain people do it ?

I think thats more ricey than a little drift in a parking lot..

HavocSteve 06-07-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aloush (Post 1426758)
going 100+km/hr on main roads and infront of parks is ok i guess cuz certain people do it ?

I think thats more ricey than a little drift in a parking lot..

I wasn't going to say anything but going 180kms to catch up to the first 4-5 cars in a 60 zone isn't exactly a "cruise". I think a little harmless drift where no cars or people were in danger is smarten then speeding like a moron down the backstreets. But w/e. To each his own. Btw.. I wasn't driving. Just along for the ride.

Dissembler 06-07-2010 06:39 PM

problem is parking lots are generally in well populated areas. Neighbour Joe may be the kind of guy who want nothing but silence, so if he hears a ton of tire squeeling, maybe smells the rubber he'll go and phone the cops then everyones day is ruined, all of our cars will be scrutinized possible impounded under the stunting laws etc etc.

While I don't agree with doing 3-4x the legal speed limit, if you get cut off or something and are now 2 clicks behind everyone else, as long as its (relatively) safe then do what you want to catch up, atleast in this situation if the cops get yeah, then its only you and not everyone else (kind of the risk you take when coming out on a cruise)

Edit: Got off topic, good pics brent, it seems like your camera has a huge field of vision too getting cars 3/4 wide like that

stan man 06-07-2010 08:57 PM

HUGE pics there Brent :)

I don't know about the speed limit, but I was doing 60 the whole way, or maybe the speedometer is broken. Oh well

I am not sure whos idea it was, but I like how the front of the group would pull to the side to wait for others to catch up. Makes sense, because if I would have lost sight of the red e30 in front of me I could of made a wrong turn somewhere and be lost. I didn't pay any attention to the street signs or anything.

I posted some pics at the other thread, don't want to repost here
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...=133670&page=4

SamE30e 06-07-2010 09:52 PM

HAI HAI HAI!!

http://i48.tinypic.com/qns4y9.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/23msqyd.jpg

Teaserr's

richie_s999 06-07-2010 10:01 PM

Sam get them posted in the autocross thread!!!!

SamE30e 06-07-2010 10:17 PM

Theres no need to drift every corner, dump it from every light, rev it at every stop and just generally drive like a tool. No one thinks you're cool, this isn't JDM rides and you actually look like an idiot..

Not naming names, but some people were doing this.

And if you fall back you don't need to catch up so fast. When Jay drives on cruises he doesn't book it, it's just the knobs who speed up till they almost trunk **** the person ahead of them and then slam on the brakes.

craz azn 06-07-2010 10:20 PM

LOL. I don't think I ever hit 180 all day. If anyone felt the need to go that quick, that's their prerogative. Just saying, the clutch dumping in parking lots, and the drifts (what a good guess, I just figured you guys woulda done that) makes the rest of the group look careless.

SAM. Moaaaarrrr pix!!11

HavocSteve 06-07-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craz azn (Post 1426831)
LOL. I don't think I ever hit 180 all day. If anyone felt the need to go that quick, that's their prerogative. Just saying, the clutch dumping in parking lots, and the drifts (what a good guess, I just figured you guys woulda done that) makes the rest of the group look careless.

SAM. Moaaaarrrr pix!!11

Well considering at 120kp/h we got passed by a red e30 and then we let the white e30 pass as well a little down the road. We got our asses ridden hard on roads we had no idea what was around the bend. At least with only drift we did was out of the parking lot at the beginning. Yes we rev'd the engine (big deal?). Other then that, I think some of you should grab some of your balls and own up to major speeding along with Jay doing drifts going onto that 4 line road. But w/e. Say what you want, I know I'll own up for Matt doing 1 drift and speeding to catch up to the other 5 people in the front and getting passed along the way.

On Topic : Brent, PM your addy, I'll be popping by sometime this week so you won't have to come over! nice pictures btw..