maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (
-   Off-topic (
-   -   border crossing goes horribly wrong (

Boots R 05-05-2010 01:50 PM

border crossing goes horribly wrong

SUPERCHARGED 05-05-2010 02:11 PM

magnus 05-05-2010 02:31 PM

Knowing how retarted the system in the US is the guy in the vid was also asking for it.
He could have answered the questions as best as he could and he would be fine, but instead chose to be a smart ass.

Blades 05-05-2010 02:34 PM

being a smart ass gets you in trouble .. even with the cops here. The guard didn't have to do what he did but I guess he want to feel big (maybe he was beat up in highschool to many times). The guy in the office was being nice to him and just wanted to ask a couple of questions .. buddy ****ed himself up .. maybe he will be less of a smart ass next time .. hopefully he learned his lesson.

I just find it funny that if you "fly" to the states they don't ask you stupid questions like where are you going and doing, just when you drive

mirek 05-05-2010 02:53 PM

i hate border guards, this is why i get nervous crossing the border.

pawcio 05-05-2010 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Blades (Post 1416929)
I just find it funny that if you "fly" to the states they don't ask you stupid questions like where are you going and doing, just when you drive

the guy was a douche. he was disrespectful so not surprising. i've had some interesting experiences crossing the border. they are more aggressive in asking questions when you drive in but even flying i've been asked where i'm going and where i'm staying but there is a little more respect shown to you when you fly.

BMW BMXer 05-05-2010 03:19 PM

Getting stopped at the border ****ing sucks, I dunno why he made himself suspicious.

Bet he was white.

El Gato Liso 05-05-2010 03:54 PM

i remember bringing my e30 back from the states....they asked why i went, and i said to pick my car up from my uncle. why did you have to pick your car up? i left it with him to do work on it. what kind of work did he do on it? body work.

they pull me to the side and dont believe me at all. im like **** you dad was in the vehicle behind me and came to the customs and yelled out wtf is the problem. only then the customs asshole believed me.

2slow2race 05-05-2010 03:58 PM

this guy was being a smart ass from the very first question.
that is not how you talk to a US border guard.

basically i have gotten the exact same questions he has.
instead of being a jackass and not answering what stores i am going to or have been to, i say:
"adidas, coach, nike, guess at walden galeria or the outlets."
how hard is that?!

last time i went, got a huge douchebag at the stop and then at the end lets me off with 50 bucks in booze and 300 bucks of clothes. no taxes or stops.
just was polite and respectful.

guy got what he deserved.

chromius 05-05-2010 04:01 PM

The guy in the car was a complete and utter douchbag. Deserved what he got. Had he just answered the questions he would have been in and out in less than 2 min. The guy conducting the interview was incredibly professional, and was a hell of a lot nicer than I would have been.

This idiot is crossing into another country, and he thinks that he's not gonna get questioned?

That tool just gives all Canadians a bad name. It's embarrassing.

Blades 05-05-2010 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by chromius (Post 1416952)

That tool just gives all Canadians a bad name. It's embarrassing.

I agree

HavocSteve 05-05-2010 05:07 PM

Can't really blame the guy. He sounds frustrated that he's being questioned. They did take that a bit to far by putting him in cuffs and using some force. Happened to me and my family once. I was frustrated because I missed a Nascar race in Michigan. They ended up having to pay for the tickets and the hotel we booked.

slemmer 05-05-2010 05:22 PM

Not the dude is on "file" if he/she should ever cross the border again. Bad way to get blacklisted. Just answer whatever they ask and usually there are no problems afterwards. Hard to beat the system when the system is already stacked against you.

Mystikal 05-05-2010 05:41 PM

LOL I'd be raped on the spot if I EVER spoke like that to them. I get searched and violated for kissing their asses.

koncise 05-05-2010 06:03 PM

I love how he starts kissing ass after he's arrested.