maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   LF somewhere to turn off drls (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132530)

E46bimmer 04-27-2010 01:35 PM

LF somewhere to turn off drls

Is there anyone in Ottawa or Quebec/Gatineau that can do this?

Blown M3 04-27-2010 08:10 PM

Contact a guy by the name of bmwconnect he will do it for you.

bmwconnect 04-27-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blown M3 (Post 1414732)
Contact a guy by the name of bmwconnect he will do it for you.

BMW DIS is not on my laptop anymore as I have recently reformatted it. It's a pain in the ass to get it working on windows as its a Linux based program. So no I can't do it at the moment but when I have some time I will get BMW DIS going again

E46bimmer 05-07-2010 05:15 PM

Well that sucks... I cant find someone willing to do it in Ottawa. And I say willing because there is someone but they just dont want to do it. Guess Ill have to do it in Toronto the next time Im there.

zarbat007 05-07-2010 06:04 PM

Why do you wanna do it? Isn't is against the law?

E46bimmer 05-07-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zarbat007 (Post 1417763)
Why do you wanna do it? Isn't is against the law?

There is no law against it... that Im aware of anyway. What cops can do is ask you to get a safety where drls are required. But no law against driving without them. Doesn't matter anyway, I just want them off because since I got retro HID my car keeps telling me my lights are out when theyre not. So the plan is to disable the drls so the damn light warning will turn off and I got angels eyes to act as drls. The warning light just bothers me.

radi0activem 05-08-2010 11:42 AM

There was a discussion on this a while back and I was always under the impression that they only needed to be sold NEW with DRLs. This is NOT the case.

The reason I couldn't find any info on DRLs being law is because I was looking the provincial laws. But the requirement for daytime running lights falls under FEDERAL law, and yes they are mandatory.

See below for the actual law.

Link to Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations Section 108

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46bimmer (Post 1417790)
There is no law against it... that Im aware of anyway. What cops can do is ask you to get a safety where drls are required. But no law against driving without them. Doesn't matter anyway, I just want them off because since I got retro HID my car keeps telling me my lights are out when theyre not. So the plan is to disable the drls so the damn light warning will turn off and I got angels eyes to act as drls. The warning light just bothers me.

E46bimmer 05-08-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radi0activem (Post 1417893)
There was a discussion on this a while back and I was always under the impression that they only needed to be sold NEW with DRLs. This is NOT the case.

The reason I couldn't find any info on DRLs being law is because I was looking the provincial laws. But the requirement for daytime running lights falls under FEDERAL law, and yes they are mandatory.

See below for the actual law.

Link to Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations Section 108

ok cool but halos still count as drls since the new ones are like that. Im also open to other suggestions to get rid of that warning light.

Bmwstylz 05-08-2010 04:21 PM

can't you just pull DRL relay from car to make them go off?

E46bimmer 05-08-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmwstylz (Post 1417955)
can't you just pull DRL relay from car to make them go off?

There is no relay for that on my model.

radi0activem 05-08-2010 10:06 PM

They sure do meet the requirement, as long as they meet the brightness requirements. Which they most likely would.

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46bimmer (Post 1417951)
ok cool but halos still count as drls since the new ones are like that. Im also open to other suggestions to get rid of that warning light.

MarkD 05-08-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwconnect (Post 1414736)
BMW DIS is not on my laptop anymore as I have recently reformatted it. It's a pain in the ass to get it working on windows as its a Linux based program. So no I can't do it at the moment but when I have some time I will get BMW DIS going again

I don't know how it can be hard to run the DIS on a windows laptop, you just have to install the VMWARE Player. No big deal.

bmwconnect 05-09-2010 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkD (Post 1418033)
I don't know how it can be hard to run the DIS on a windows laptop, you just have to install the VMWARE Player. No big deal.

vmware is the easy part but to make it work with the clone tool it is not that easy unfortunately. took me awhile to get all the features working correctly but well worth it when your done

I find INPA to be a much quicker diagnostic tool anyway

Philboski 05-10-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46bimmer (Post 1417790)

Why not just get these?

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Er...minator-3-PAIR

E46bimmer 05-10-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philboski (Post 1418402)

Because I didnt know where to find them, thanks dude! Im glad you came across this thread. Ill pick up a set of these and get some white bulbs to match the halos and Im set. *par-t*