maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ontario (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Tinted Windows Inquiry (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132507)

Nash335 04-26-2010 09:21 PM

Tinted Windows Inquiry
 
Hey,

Curious to see if anyones knows a great place / price to get my 2010 335i coupe tinted. (location GTA) preference around sauga, brampton, toronto

Any recommendations on what percentage i should get, i dont want it to be too dark, maybe a combo light on the door windows and dark on the back and rear.

what do you think?

e30drifter 04-26-2010 10:34 PM

I got mine done at AUTOLINKS. Scarborough area, Birchmount & Eglinton. Good price, good service and it only took about an hour. End result, AUTOLINKS did a great job without any bubbles. As far as % goes... the darker your interior, the darker the tint will look. I have black interior with 20% all around. It's kinda dark depending on the angle you look at it. From the outside if you look in from the same height as you would be sitting in another car, so you can see in through one side window and out the other, then you can see the outline of the person sitting inside and maybe there face. Any other angle and the windows are black as the car. I think 5% is too dark and 35% not dark enough. But it all depends on the look your after.

I've been slacking on getting some pics up. Maybe this weekend.

Nash335 04-26-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e30drifter (Post 1414412)
I got mine done at AUTOLINKS. Scarborough area, Birchmount & Eglinton. Good price, good service and it only took about an hour. End result, AUTOLINKS did a great job without any bubbles. As far as % goes... the darker your interior, the darker the tint will look. I have black interior with 20% all around. It's kinda dark depending on the angle you look at it. From the outside if you look in from the same height as you would be sitting in another car, so you can see in through one side window and out the other, then you can see the outline of the person sitting inside and maybe there face. Any other angle and the windows are black as the car. I think 5% is too dark and 35% not dark enough. But it all depends on the look your after.

I've been slacking on getting some pics up. Maybe this weekend.

my car is black on black _ i would prefer it to be light enough as not to get harrassed too much by the 5.0...havent tinted before so im not sure. i want it to look dark but not so dark that you can see inside if you really look...

e30drifter 04-26-2010 11:58 PM

I was worried about getting it to dark as well. I think the 35% is not dark enough for my liking, but might be dark enough for you. You should probably consider either the 20% or 35%, or a combination of the two. 35% for the front windows, and 20% for the rest. Your back will be not as dark with the 35% up front, but will be dark. And the 35% up front won't be to dark. That's probably a happy medium between the kinda dark 20% all around with black interior, and the not so dark 35%

overlordjd 04-27-2010 12:14 AM

you best bet to not be hassled is to go 35% on the rear and 20% on the front. If you are not used to driving a car with tinted windows, it is going to take some getting used to looking out the rear at night. With your black interior it will look dark.

Nash335 04-27-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlordjd (Post 1414452)
you best bet to not be hassled is to go 35% on the rear and 20% on the front. If you are not used to driving a car with tinted windows, it is going to take some getting used to looking out the rear at night. With your black interior it will look dark.

ah true, maybe ill test drive a few tinted cars at night to make my decision, i dont want to rush into something im not gonna be happy with. thanks

overlordjd 04-27-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash335 (Post 1414455)
ah true, maybe ill test drive a few tinted cars at night to make my decision, i dont want to rush into something im not gonna be happy with. thanks

sorry. I meant 20% rear and 35% front.

nachos23 04-27-2010 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlordjd (Post 1414470)
sorry. I meant 20% rear and 35% front.

good catch~!!! Cause I was going to mention the lower the %, the darker it is. The % indicates the amount of light that will pass through.....


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014