maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Deer can fly (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131704)

hockeyfan27 04-06-2010 03:52 PM

Deer can fly

nonlocal 04-06-2010 06:31 PM

Note to self: Do not show g/f this thread.

PinkieMoscow 04-06-2010 07:10 PM

That's so sad. Assholes lap time shouldn't count. Animal casualties are no joke. I just hope it died quickly.

nonlocal 04-06-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkieMoscow (Post 1407467)
That's so sad. Assholes lap time shouldn't count. Animal casualties are no joke. I just hope it died quickly.

:huh?:

Are you for real? How are you going to put this on the driver? He reacted as best he could, did you expect him to pull over and climb the tree and perform CPR?

If you're going to start handing out indictments for this little fella's passing, you have to stop them from racing at speed at all where wildlife might enter the track... certainly nothing more the individual driver could have done without risking his own skin... Furthermore I would hypothesize that-- although it didn't work out too well for this particular deer-- the local veniso-- er, deer population has a much better chance at survival with a racetrack in this space than with a warehouse complex, or a subdivision, or a highway with you and everybody else driving to work on it... for that matter, possibly even better than a pesticide-perfected golf course, a high traffic ski resort, or shotgun patrolled farmland, though they are intuitively more animal friendly.

Sad that he got smoked, but criticizing the driver for not being clairvoyant is pretty absurd. Whatever.

pawcio 04-06-2010 07:58 PM

i'm sure the deer was fine. i heard deer always land on their feet...or hooves...or whatever.

PinkieMoscow 04-06-2010 08:01 PM

Well of course I over exaggerated. I don't hold blame over the driver but over the organization that held the race. It's okay to put up fencing and concrete dividers where there are human spectators. They turn a blind eye to this, it's quite a shame. Animals love, animals play, animals care for their children and have some cognitive thought. Do they not?

Quote:

- although it didn't work out too well for this particular deer-- the local veniso-- er, deer population has a much better chance at survival with a racetrack in this space than with a warehouse complex, or a subdivision, or a highway with you and everybody else driving to work on it... for that matter, possibly even better than a pesticide-perfected golf course, a high traffic ski resort, or shotgun patrolled farmland, though
That wasn't the point I was trying to ensue. That's a socioeconomic problem humans face as well. Those are all variable in everyones life- animal or not.

I'm no tree hugger, but I believe there is an environmentalist and a egalitarian is all of us.

Whatevs- its rainy outside and I feel sorrow deep within.

PinkieMoscow 04-06-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawcio (Post 1407481)
i'm sure the deer was fine. i heard deer always land on their feet...or hooves...or whatever.

lol

propr'one 04-06-2010 08:54 PM

i hope the racecar is ok.

e30blue 04-06-2010 09:12 PM

thank the lord that guy finished his stage! i was so worried that stupid deer would effect his time

Bullet Ride 04-06-2010 09:15 PM

That thing got launched!

Pinkie what's the big deal about this deer getting hit? With or without a race regular traffic drives on that road and usually when a car hits a deer it either dies right away or runs off into the woods and dies of internal injuries regardless of the car. This instance just happened to be a rather extreme spectacle to witness because of the car and the speeds involved.

I say if it died, find it and make some stew. That's what we did when my father hit 2 deer simultaneously with his first 540i.

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one (Post 1407499)

Car didn't even skip a beat! Luckily it was a small deer otherwise the drive could have gotten very badly hurt.

2slow2race 04-06-2010 11:01 PM

my dad wishes he could of shot it instead.
hope the car is ok.

PinkieMoscow 04-06-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

thank the lord that guy finished his stage! i was so worried that stupid deer would effect his time
Quote:

Car didn't even skip a beat! Luckily it was a small deer otherwise the drive could have gotten very badly hurt.
Quote:

my dad wishes he could of shot it instead.
hope the car is ok.
Selfless pigs grrr.

Quote:

I say if it died, find it and make some stew.
I agree. If you killed it, at least see to it that it wasn't in vain.

Every day when people drive they kill animals. It's so unfair to dictate when one lives and dies. It shouldn't be up to people. Unless is it done out of necessity.

sirex 04-06-2010 11:44 PM

deers are pest, they should be executed on site.

PinkieMoscow 04-07-2010 12:01 AM

i give up.

Bullet Ride 04-07-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkieMoscow (Post 1407568)
Every day when people drive they kill animals. It's so unfair to dictate when one lives and dies. It shouldn't be up to people. Unless is it done out of necessity.

99% of the time it's not intentional when someone hits an animal with their car, hell I ran over a squirrel on my bicycle once because it darted out in front of me while I was on a trail. You should blame the animals for being stupid and running out in front of moving vehicles.