maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 (1998 - 2005) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   First impressions; Hamann spoiler and Side Skirts (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130814)

nachos23 03-15-2010 01:09 PM

First impressions; Hamann spoiler and Side Skirts

6 Attachment(s)
Just finished installing Hamann front lip spoiler and side skirts on my 04 330Xi. Took these pics this morning. Still need to buff pieces next weekend to bring out shine. Lip spoiler is Fibreglass and skirts are polyurethane.

Final piece is a BMW factory OE rear wing spoiler that is almost ready. Need to paint + clear coat. They were painted, but had a couple of small marks needing touch-up so.......

Included 1 pic of car before.... WInter rims on now. Running 18' M6 Replicas; going on end of March.....

First impressions? Comments?

dbworld4k 03-15-2010 01:37 PM

Nice! It'll look so much better once your summer wheels are back on.

edit: Just saw you're off Cobblestone! Isn't that near Sandalwood PKWY around the Airport Rd. area? I'm surprised I haven't seen your car. I'm probably only a few minutes from you.

Bliss 03-15-2010 01:54 PM

Looks great! Did you end up doing the install yourself? Your summer wheels will fill the gaps up very nicely*th-up*

btw, the lips are polyurethane and the sides are fiberglass. Better this way as your front will keep the original flex, and have less stone chips. However, my suggestion is, if you haven't done it already is to get some 3M clearbra tape and put some on the side skirt inside the wheel well. Your front wheels will throw pebbles at them and cause that area to chip bigtime over the years.

pawcio 03-15-2010 06:00 PM

i like the lip much more than the skirts.

ImolaZHP 03-15-2010 09:39 PM

looks good, and I like the plate!!:D

nachos23 03-16-2010 10:21 AM

5 Attachment(s)
thanks for the comments folks. Picked-up the rims and tires last night!! The rims are 18" M6 Replicas painted BMW Colour A22 Sparking Graphite!!! They look SICK. With the red calipers, the car should look awesome!

Both the front and sides need to be polished on about 1 week with rubbing compound to bring out the "shine"...

The shirts are the matching set to the fron spoiler. There are others out there that I prefer slightly, but I like that the lines flow around the front and along the sides.... Now, got to find the matching rear lip spoiler from Hamann to complete!!!!

Thanks for the advice on the clear, will do that. Got the front lens coated with clear film last summer after having to replace one due to a stone. Decided, it was easier to replace the film. Has worked great. The lens are still perfect after 20,000km. Pull the film and not a mark on them.

Cobblestone? corner house is mine.... Should recognise the house in the pics then.... stop by next time you're in the area.... Usually outside these days playing with the car...

Ya, did all the prep, paint and installation myself. Bought the spolier and skirts from different people (including spoiler being painted today FINALLY).. All were different colours and had been taken off cars, so there was some work to be done. see attached pic of spoiler being prepped. Ordered paint from US and prepped, painted and installed in my garage.

Actually, Bliss, in my case the front lip IS fibreglass and the skirts are polyurthane!! I would have thought the same as you, but that I can guarentee as I did all the work on them...*wiggle*

The rear spoiler is a BMW factory OE spoiler that I picked-up for $60 in excellent condition, but wrong colour...... That should be going on today or tomorrow.... Think the new wheels are going on in about 30 minutes. Will post new pics when installed.....

AdrianBmW 03-16-2010 10:52 AM

Hey bro cars looking great !! i love the Hamann front lip.

nachos23 03-17-2010 02:25 AM

4 Attachment(s)
The final pieces to the puzzle are getting done. New wheels were installed today!.. I think they look awesome. 18" M6 Replica's painted BMW A22; Sparkling Graphite. Once I repaint the calipers @ end of month, they will look even better. The Falken tires are amazing. Immediately took it to Woodbridge Alignment and had that done.... rides amazing; handling outstanding!

Took it down to the lake today for a "photo opp" *rockout*

Last thing to do is install rear wing spoiler tomorrow night I think! *th-up*

Michel 03-17-2010 10:17 AM

looks much better in person. good job man!

nachos23 03-17-2010 11:26 AM

Thanks!! Going to try and finish spoiler tonight..... Love the ride and handling... and looks of course..... bring the beast out Friday night @ LaPalomas.....

Nikku 03-17-2010 11:31 AM

Very nice! Looks aggresive and beefy!

I'm loving the contrast between your cars paint and the wheels :)

Tasty.

dbworld4k 03-17-2010 11:32 AM

Now THAT's what I'm talking about. Looks so much better!

nachos23 03-17-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikku (Post 1400441)
Very nice! Looks aggresive and beefy!

I'm loving the contrast between your cars paint and the wheels :)

Tasty.

Thanks!! That's what caught my eye as well and the red calipers really standout behind it... They sorta were lost with the original rims.

Hope you like it cause it's coming to you for spring detailing VERY shortly and its your job to bring out the real shine! Need to buff spoilers and skirts this weekend with rubbing compound to bring out the shine, then it should look a whole lot sweeter!!

nachos23 03-17-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbworld4k (Post 1400443)
Now THAT's what I'm talking about. Looks so much better!

Now I'd like to take one of those pics and embed as you've done to my signature instead of the tiny pic I have now.... What am I missing about embedding a larger pic in my signature?

SEXSPHERE 03-19-2010 09:41 AM

Nicely done, but I would go with the mtech 2 if I were you.

Did you paint them up yourself?