maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   wax and Polish Shops in Ottawa (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130619)

540iM 03-10-2010 03:11 PM

wax and Polish Shops in Ottawa

Does any one know where I can go for a good wax/polish (not for me but for the car :D) in ottawa? What should I be asking for? What should I watch out from? What is the average cost for wax and polish?

The car is in great shape but I just want to bring out the shine.

Any recommendations/advice would be much appreciated.

Lee in Ottawa 03-10-2010 03:38 PM

I know of a guy who's excellent. But I can't remember his name nor company name right now. I'll find it and post it.
I've never used him but for awhile I was really into detailing forums and the best one was autopia.org and this guy was on there and posted some amazing work. He uses the best/newest products, has awesome tools etc. Best part is he does it as a side business so his prices I believe aren't that bad.

He a friend of a friend so i'll call him tonight and get some info for ya.

Lee in Ottawa 03-10-2010 03:42 PM

found it
www.parkavenuedetailing.com
his name on autopia is gtpaul

Lee in Ottawa 03-10-2010 03:44 PM

It appears that his cliental has become a little more exclusive since I last checked his website. Word gets around I guess.
Anyways good luck.

zarbat007 03-10-2010 04:27 PM

It appears he is not detailing at the moment. Why not do it yourself?

www.eshine.ca

What I recommend:

> Cookie monster buffing towels

> Klasse sealant glaze or Collinite 845 insulator wax for winter

> Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax for brilliance & shine

Assuming you already have the wash mitt and car wash shampoo, you are pretty much set. *rockout*

540iM 03-10-2010 05:23 PM

Lee, thanks for the link. I'll contact him and see...

Zarbats, I would but I barely have the time to play with my 2-years old daughter let alone wax a car...

carjoe 03-10-2010 06:37 PM

What part of the city?

540iM 03-10-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carjoe (Post 1397982)
What part of the city?

I live near Merivale/Baseline.

Lee in Ottawa 03-11-2010 08:04 AM

No problem, I'd offer but as of yet i've only "dabbled" with a few cars around here with mixed results. I do have everything needed just haven't spent the time perfecting it yet.

everlast 03-11-2010 09:19 AM

Is this your new car? If I had a car that I wanted to *reallly* shine up, I'd take it to Andre Awad's down the street, corner of Merivale and Shillington. It might be a little pricey but the results would be a like a new paint job. Its easy to maintain it at that point.

Philboski 03-11-2010 09:24 AM

I have been experimenting with the detailing stuff as well. Bought a bunch of Sonus pads, Optimum polishes, et al, poorboy's Black Hole glaze (AWESOME stuff), along with my "secret weapon" detailer ;) . I like doing this stuff myself, but the issue for me is time. I might have to contact the fellow Lee recommended, if he's still doing the work.

540iM 03-11-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by everlast (Post 1398177)
Is this your new car? If I had a car that I wanted to *reallly* shine up, I'd take it to Andre Awad's down the street, corner of Merivale and Shillington. It might be a little pricey but the results would be a like a new paint job. Its easy to maintain it at that point.

Yes for the new car. I already went down to that shop. I don't think you've heard, Andre "got kicked out of the building" according to the guy that used to work for him who seems to have taken over the business. I got a quote but it's not even reasonable. I may go back to negotiate.

everlast 03-11-2010 10:21 AM

Bummer... I had just heard something about it but wasn't sure.

msinger 03-11-2010 10:42 PM

yeah i heard about that, sounds like quite the ridiculous situation

540iM 03-12-2010 10:33 AM

I actually got a little more info on what happened but I don't think it's aproperiate to discuss here.

So you guys think that Xclusive auto is the place to go? Anyone had his car done there? Any pics?