maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Videos and Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   BMW X5 crash, FAIL (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130217)

Mikey83 02-26-2010 03:25 PM

BMW X5 crash, FAIL

Why was the guy parked there was dumb as well as how fast that X5 was coming around the corner. X5 probably still with summer tires as well, Fail on both parties

Steve30 02-26-2010 04:31 PM

some people continue to amaze me, why the hell would you drive that fast in snow is beyond me

Gamite 02-26-2010 04:39 PM

No one seems to be very angry. Everyone seems kind of confused.

hadesm5 02-26-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamite (Post 1394358)
No one seems to be very angry. Everyone seems kind of confused.

they were checking if anyone was hurt. i guess they're glad they didn't hit anyone

lebanese people don't use snow tires. 99% (bullshit statistic) of roads don't have snow, and only some people put chains when they drive on snow.

craigIS 02-26-2010 06:06 PM

What a moron.....driving that fast around a corner on a snow covered road = disaster.

Aloush 03-01-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hadesm5 (Post 1394375)
they were checking if anyone was hurt. i guess they're glad they didn't hit anyone

lebanese people don't use snow tires. 99% (bullshit statistic) of roads don't have snow, and only some people put chains when they drive on snow.

never heard anything about snow tires when i was in lebanon.

magnus 03-02-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hadesm5 (Post 1394375)

Actually allot of countries are like that including UK. Winter tires are not required by law. In Greece for instance although they get snow no1 uses them. The law only requires you to carry chains for the winter.

MiroE36 03-02-2010 12:14 PM

Personally, what happened here is completely retarded and at no way shape or form the fault of the X5 driver... you drive down the road and you come around the bend to find the road blocked by two vehicles, so you panic and smash the brake and your back end gives, all traction lost... what do you expect to happen... WTF ARE YOU STOPPED ON THE ROAD FOR??? DO WRITE IN THE SNOW WITH YOUR FINGER... Retards

/rant

Blades 03-02-2010 01:17 PM

i second that ^

road was blocked yet the x5 did go to fast around the bend .. know your cars limits.

Mikey83 03-02-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blades (Post 1395452)
i second that ^

road was blocked yet the x5 did go to fast around the bend .. know your cars limits.

As I stated above if the idiot wasn't there this wouldn't have happened, as if the X5 wasn't flying around corner as fast he would have seen these other idiots and stopped in time. But I do put more blame on the dummies parked across both lanes.

parm 03-02-2010 06:31 PM

Why were they stopped in the first place? On a roadway where traffic is to be moving. This happens in Toronto all the time, people decide to just stop for whatever reason. What bothers me is the lack of consideration for other drivers on the road.

Dr. Flyview 03-02-2010 07:38 PM

Although the ones stopped shouldn't have blocked the road, what if the road was blocked due to an emergency? What if someone walking slipped and fell down on the road. These guys woulda run them over... You can't drive so fast that you can't see as far as it takes you to stop... In the winter if you wanna go drifting like that you better see far ahead or be on a closed course that is assured clear...

Sometimes you make mistakes and you just can't stop quick enough with such little traction... as the destroyed rim in the back of my winter warrior would have to show you. :P