maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   That thing got a HEMI? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130203)

Gleb 02-25-2010 10:17 PM

That thing got a HEMI?

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=p1cLfiVSyrw

Ceeker 02-25-2010 10:29 PM

522 cubes twin turbo. 1000+ ponies.

Nguyen_E30 02-25-2010 10:54 PM

imagine driving down the road and your windshield flies off. lol.

Ceeker 02-25-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nguyen_E30 (Post 1394165)
imagine driving down the road and your windshield flies off. lol.

tech would never happen- the down force is too great - the wind got under the chrome strip and pulled it free. however, I don't think Id want to be driving that without a secure wind screen..

BMW BMXer 02-26-2010 10:13 AM

Do want

Blades 02-26-2010 01:22 PM

sick video .. love the classics

BimmerDriver 02-26-2010 03:32 PM

Now put them on a non-redneck track and the enzo would smoke it with half the horsepower :P

Steve30 02-26-2010 04:32 PM

Exactly! The body roll on that cuda looked like it was getting ready to do a barrel roll! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by BimmerDriver (Post 1394342)
Now put them on a non-redneck track and the enzo would smoke it with half the horsepower :P

Ceeker 02-26-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve30 (Post 1394354)
Exactly! The body roll on that cuda looked like it was getting ready to do a barrel roll! :D

look again; there was no barrel roll issue at all. considering the weight, the center of gravity and the maneuvers it was pulling it was rather impressive.
the car was very responsive. Keep in mind the suspension and undercarriage were redesigned and improved. it doesn't handle like a 70's era car. both cars pushed the envelope on the pre track trials and both cars spun out. or did you miss that part? Enzo car doesn't have 1000+ horsepower either.

Bullet Ride 02-26-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceeker (Post 1394176)
the wind got under the chrome strip and pulled it free.

that happened to my e30 on the passenger side window trim:D, I was only half as fast though *wiggle*

davericher20 02-26-2010 04:56 PM

not enough aero, jeez that thing is a monster

BimmerDriver 02-26-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceeker (Post 1394362)
look again; there was no barrel roll issue at all. considering the weight, the center of gravity and the maneuvers it was pulling it was rather impressive.
the car was very responsive. Keep in mind the suspension and undercarriage were redesigned and improved. it doesn't handle like a 70's era car. both cars pushed the envelope on the pre track trials and both cars spun out. or did you miss that part? Enzo car doesn't have 1000+ horsepower either.

Oh come on, they were testing it in an oval... And I didn't miss that part on the beginning but remember what the narrator says, the handling was tested by Chrysler engineers... hmmmmm... *shiner*

Yeah it doesn't have 70's handling but I bet it's still way inferior handling compared to European cars, like a Bimmer or let alone a million-dollar Ferrari. Put it on a curvy track with not enough straights for it to put its muscle down and I betcha even an E46 M3 would beat it with only 333 bhp only because it could carry more speed through the corners. That's pretty much a drag race car, still very cool though, I just don't like the color, I'd probably get a General Lee orange if I was to purchase one :)

craigIS 02-26-2010 05:46 PM

Man that is a nice car!!! Well both are sweet! I would have to take the Enzo over the Cuda though.....

Ceeker 02-26-2010 06:20 PM

I would take the cuda, only because it is unique-how many supercuda's have you encountered let alone know of being made. the comment about comparing the two cars is like comparing apples to oranges. There is no comparison. they are two different cars for two different applications. The test was done out of curiosity for the most part. Driving isn't all car....it's mostly driver but the technology certainly helps. I had a 400cc bike 15 years vintage in comparison, and could keep up most of the time with GSXR750's through the turns..they had superior handling, and power, and tech. I could still keep up if not pass at times... why? Ridership, same applies to drivership. You don't need skill to drive an e46 M3 anymore. All the skill needed is now transferred into the technology. Not only is this true but confirmed by Rolf Von Englebretchen who used to Race GT2. In case you aren't familiar with this person his dad and uncle were largely responsible for bringing BMW to Canada. Beach Auto Limited. BMW asked them to open a dealership which was one of the first in Ontario along with two others. Applewood and the other -which my memories fails me at the moment. I sat with Rolf for a good 30min discussing the difference between old school and new. He argues the 30's were the best car bmw ever built both for domestic and track use. now all the drivers feel between the wheel and road is taken up by sensors and tech. Doesn't take a genius to drive a e46 M3 now days. Room for error is removed. but once error is made there is no forgiveness. Technology allows one to push the envelope with no feed back from the car.

Bullet Ride 02-26-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceeker (Post 1394392)
He argues the 30's were the best car bmw ever built both for domestic and track use.

hells yes *rockout*