maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Looking at a BMW in Toronto area (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129345)

lpetrie 01-29-2010 04:25 PM

Looking at a BMW in Toronto area
 
Hello everyone, I am here in altantic canada, and the used CPO BMW selection is not the greatest and is over priced. So I have been looking in the Toronto area and have found an '06 330i for a reasonable price, but obviously there is no way to look at it from my end and don't feel like flying there if the car isn't up to snuff, even though it is certified you never know right.
So a couple of questions, first if I did decide to fly there and end up buying the car, would the BMW dealership here in halifax screw me over on warranty issues, because of the fact I didn't purchase from them?

I know this would be speculation, but I am sure I wouldn't be the first to buy from one dealership and have it serviced at a different location.

Also has anyone dealt with this Dealership?

BMW Toronto
11 Sunlight Park Road
Toronto, Ont. M4M 1B5



And if anyone is heading to that dealership maybe they could take a look at this particular car and let me know what kind of shape it is in.

Car info:

2006 330i Sedan
$ 31,898 - 47,402 km
VIN: KS34807
Stock Number: U2629


Thanks in advance.

nachos23 01-29-2010 05:59 PM

BMW Toronto is BMW's flagship store in Toronto. I don't know of any issues with them and friends/associates thatr have bought from them have been extremely happy.

MarkD 02-21-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nachos23 (Post 1386049)
BMW Toronto is BMW's flagship store in Toronto. I don't know of any issues with them and friends/associates thatr have bought from them have been extremely happy.

BMW's flagship store? I guess you don't know it was sold to the same guys that own Parkview a few years ago.

MTREEDAT 02-21-2010 08:57 PM

If that one is a certified pre-owned, you're pretty safe to buy it. If it's not, then BMW's are hand picked cars, I would prefer to see it in person. Are you sure you can't find one a little closer that you can drive to? I'll be at BMW Toronto on Wed this coming week if that helps?

aaron320i 02-22-2010 12:00 AM

I can get you the same car with same mileage for $28,000

lvan 02-22-2010 01:21 AM

^But is it a CPO?


Imho that is about the right price for that car. Anyting for a 2006 over 30k is on highend side.

aaron320i 02-22-2010 01:48 AM

Yupp.

ZiMMie 02-22-2010 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron320i (Post 1392717)
I can get you the same car with same mileage for $28,000

sounds like business pitch, are u sponsor?

lpetrie 02-22-2010 08:58 AM

Thanks for the reply's, but I have been dealing with Open Rd. BMW and working out a deal for a CPO 330i with 45000 km's for around $28500.

I wish there was more CPO BMW's in this area, but Unfortunately there isn't. The only one in halifax is a bare bones 325i (no electic seats, 16 inch wheels) with 66000 kms and they want $29500. I just hope this 330i is as good as it sounds.

slemmer 02-22-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTREEDAT (Post 1392644)
If that one is a certified pre-owned, you're pretty safe to buy it. If it's not, then BMW's are hand picked cars, I would prefer to see it in person. Are you sure you can't find one a little closer that you can drive to? I'll be at BMW Toronto on Wed this coming week if that helps?

I disagree. Before you jump and buy b/c it's CPO'd check out the service and body repair records. Once BMW dealership that was promoting their CPO'd vehicles had one with $12k worth of body damage repairs. If you don't ask you won't know!

lpetrie 02-22-2010 11:00 AM

I have received a car proof and the service records, the car was free from accidents, and the only thing done to it besides regular maint. was a power steering error code.

MTREEDAT 02-22-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpetrie (Post 1392820)
I have received a car proof and the service records, the car was free from accidents, and the only thing done to it besides regular maint. was a power steering error code.

You're never going to know 100% it was never in an accident. You reduce your chances, but a prior owner could have paid out of pocket for the repairs and it was never reported anywhere. There have been CPO cars that even the dealer didn't know were hit. The CPO just means it passed an extensive inspection. It' doesn't mean it's a perfect car.

Also, when dealers prepare a car for sale, to be honest they sometimes paint the front end for stone chips and aren't required to declare it, or do other stuff to make it appear cherry, when in fact it maybe wasn't. The fact is any car driven four years, will have some marks on it and if it has none, that's even more reason to worry.

Tell them to send lots and lots of up close pictures so you can see properly. collector cars on e-bay tend to have many many pictures so you see exactly what you are getting.

33K to 28K is a $5000 difference, I would think the difference in cars would also be that dramatic as well. I can see a far less optioned car going for less, but apples to apples, it's about your budget and tolerance for wear.

lpetrie 02-22-2010 03:46 PM

Now your making me worry, I had a friend check the car out, he drove it and went all through it. He said the car didn't have one mark on it, no chips on the hood or nothing. He said he couldn't believe it. Now I don't know what to think.

For the options, it doesn't have alot of extra's, which suggested to me is the reason it is cheaper.

MTREEDAT 02-22-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpetrie (Post 1392932)
Now your making me worry, I had a friend check the car out, he drove it and went all through it. He said the car didn't have one mark on it, no chips on the hood or nothing. He said he couldn't believe it. Now I don't know what to think.

For the options, it doesn't have alot of extra's, which suggested to me is the reason it is cheaper.

It comes down to how anal you are. If all the reports show clean, then there is a very high chance that it is. In a resale situation, the report will be clean. To be honest, most average people can't tell even when they see a car in person what to look for, so if you're that anal, you need to see it yourself like I was saying. It's your money, so be comfortable.

lvan 02-22-2010 07:40 PM

IMHO Open Road bmw does have some very nice deals on CPO cars. IMHO considering how brutal the used market is, the CPO route is the way to go.

The harder times are ahead of us for sure. Buy the car and enjoy the life!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.