maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   iRacing Anyone? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129159)

330DTM 01-23-2010 01:11 PM

iRacing Anyone?

Anyone on this forum plays iRacing? It's like the best PC racing simulator out there now. Tracks are all laser scanned, and the physics model is amazing. I haven't played Forza or GT5, but I believe the physics modeling in this game are much better from what I read.

The selection of cars isn't great, definitely not like what Forza or GT5 offers, but it's still fun.

They have a huge selection of US tracks like Sebring, VIR, Road Atlanta, Summit Hill, Lime Rock, Daytona, Indianapolis, and even our home town track Mosport!

For those who like to do all out drifting, it's a bit harder on this game because the steering angle is fixed at about 20 degrees.

My only beef about this game is the monthly fee, pay for additional cars and tracks.

One of my fav. tracks, but not of me driving:

rider-. 01-23-2010 01:32 PM

I haven't played iracing personally, but I do play rfactor, which is another sim and I really enjoy that one. My only beef with these sims is that the graphics aren't too spectacular. But with the added realism with the more advanced physics i'm willing to bite the bullet.

Mlighted 01-23-2010 06:46 PM

I've paid $45 for rFactor once and had downloaded lots of cars and tracks for free.
There are great mods for rFactor like CTDP F1 2006 for example. There are Mosport,
Glen and many many other tracks available. F1 mods for rFactor are amazing, imho.
I prefer rFactor to other sims.

330DTM 01-24-2010 12:51 PM

I played rFactor on my friend's computer too a few times, but I find their physics modelling lacking a bit compared to iRacing.

Chris de la Cruz 01-24-2010 11:18 PM

Mike, I agree the physics is alright in rfactor but the only reason i've been playing it soo much b/c i just got shannonville on it

330DTM 01-25-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris de la Cruz (Post 1384494)
Mike, I agree the physics is alright in rfactor but the only reason i've been playing it soo much b/c i just got shannonville on it

Shannonville? serious? Hook it up :)

careless7 01-25-2010 11:05 AM

iRacing is awesome. Race2Play is another one to take a look at since they have over 250 cars and more tracks.

I have some experience with iRacing (not my rig) and the physics model is impressive. The graphics are very smooth and car models 100% accurate. The reason they do not have as many cars is because they aim to model them accurately with manufacturers CAD drawings and months of R&D. They even have live NASA marshals watching the racing and dishing out black flags if you are acting fool!

I can't beleive they have Mosport! Now I want to get iRacing.

dil 01-25-2010 12:25 PM

why pay wen u can play racer its the same shit but FREE

330DTM 01-25-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by careless7 (Post 1384593)
iRacing is awesome. Race2Play is another one to take a look at since they have over 250 cars and more tracks.

I have some experience with iRacing (not my rig) and the physics model is impressive. The graphics are very smooth and car models 100% accurate. The reason they do not have as many cars is because they aim to model them accurately with manufacturers CAD drawings and months of R&D. They even have live NASA marshals watching the racing and dishing out black flags if you are acting fool!

I can't beleive they have Mosport! Now I want to get iRacing.

Cool I'll check that game out. Yeah, Mosport is great on iRacing and so is VIR, Sebring and Skip Barber. They're supposed to release Willow Springs and Long Beach soon *th-up* I actually don't mind the cars in the game, but they could use a Porsche Cup car for something in the middle.