maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 series (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   02 745 i (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129143)

Pongs318 01-22-2010 09:22 PM

02 745 i
 
anybody know how to reset oil on 02 745i thanks

Mikey83 01-23-2010 01:11 PM

I have the steps somewhere, ill post it when i find it since I do it for when I do my oil changes,brakes etc.

Mikey83 01-23-2010 01:17 PM

ok here ya go

Procedure

Switch position II without starting the engine.

Press and hold cluster kms reset button for approximately 10 - 15 seconds.

some text will show up, but keep holding till you see the second set of options starting with "Return".

Now press briefly and jump to the service interval that you wish to reset (you may have to press it several times till you reach the service to be reset i.e., Coolant or Microfilter etc).

Once you have chosen the indicator to be reset, press and hold till you see two options in next cluster (RPM dial)

Now once you have selected RESET, press and hold till you see the message that it has been reset.

Pongs318 01-28-2010 10:59 PM

thanks will try that,thanks again

Pongs318 01-31-2010 08:56 PM

sorry it's an 03 745i it's push botton so you cant turn the key

europrince 02-01-2010 12:14 AM

If you want to play shooter driving a 7 series, you have money to take it to the dealer ;)

Mikey83 02-01-2010 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pongs318 (Post 1386612)
sorry it's an 03 745i it's push botton so you cant turn the key

Dude , i have an 03 and yes you put the key and and press the start button 2 times to get it to position 2 without holding down the brake pedal.
If ya are having problems take it in to the stealership.

BMW325BMW 02-01-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by europrince (Post 1386654)
If you want to play shooter driving a 7 series, you have money to take it to the dealer ;)

Probably not a matter of money. More the time. I'd rather spend 2 minutes doing something myself than waiting hours for some overpriced mechanic to press a couple buttons. I don't know about you but my time is worth money. Nice try though. Good to see senior members on this site offering worthwhile advice *thmbsdwn*

europrince 02-01-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW325BMW (Post 1386761)
Probably not a matter of money. More the time. I'd rather spend 2 minutes doing something myself than waiting hours for some overpriced mechanic to press a couple buttons. I don't know about you but my time is worth money. Nice try though. Good to see senior members on this site offering worthwhile advice *thmbsdwn*

I apologize if you didn't find my comment fruitful. No 5 or 7 series owner I know changes his own oil. He doesn't have time for it. When I first got my 540, I had a good relationship with a dealership service advisor who reset my computer for free...in less than 5 minutes. RMP will have you in and out of an oil change within half an hour. Oil Changers gets you in and out within 5-10 minutes, and I believe they reset computers as well. I don't know for a fact, as I started going there after I sold the 540. That's a lot faster than going to whatever store shop at for oil and filters, bring it home, lift your car and do the change yourself...then try to figure out how to reset the computer. You're exactly right. Time is more valuable than money ;)

Oyster 02-01-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by europrince (Post 1386917)
I apologize if you didn't find my comment fruitful. No 5 or 7 series owner I know changes his own oil. He doesn't have time for it. When I first got my 540, I had a good relationship with a dealership service advisor who reset my computer for free...in less than 5 minutes. RMP will have you in and out of an oil change within half an hour. Oil Changers gets you in and out within 5-10 minutes, and I believe they reset computers as well. I don't know for a fact, as I started going there after I sold the 540. That's a lot faster than going to whatever store shop at for oil and filters, bring it home, lift your car and do the change yourself...then try to figure out how to reset the computer. You're exactly right. Time is more valuable than money ;)

I do my oil change for convenience, I have the extrator where I pump the oil out and since the oil filter is on top, no need to jack it up.

If my car is in for repair work (i.e: suspension part or electronic issues) then I ask them to do oil change, etc while car is there

Mikey83 02-01-2010 10:33 PM

Well guys I do everything myself, lowered my 7, own oil changes, brakes, subwoofer upgrades etc. Click my name and look up my posts with pictures, I luv doing it all myself since Budds was useless in a few things that I asked from them when my car was still under warranty.

If you want it done right and you know how to do it, do it yourself.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.