maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   HPFP Issues (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128886)

chenx15 01-13-2010 11:44 PM

HPFP Issues
 
Is the HPFP issue in the 335i plaguing Canada as well or is it just the US?

propr'one 01-13-2010 11:54 PM

Assuming you're talking about the fuel pump (HPFP is not a commonly understood expression) yes, it is. Many dealers have replaced lots of them under warranty already.

chenx15 01-13-2010 11:57 PM

yes, i'm referring to the high pressure fuel pump in the N54 engine. i've been trying to research about that in canada but not too much information. i was informed that it was only affecting the coupe but i know that's a load of crap. any improvement?

propr'one 01-14-2010 12:02 AM

AFAIK, no.

For a while the dealers didn't even have stock of the replacement ones. I know a few people who just retrofitted 255lph wahlboro pumps.

chenx15 01-14-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one (Post 1381542)
AFAIK, no.

For a while the dealers didn't even have stock of the replacement ones. I know a few people who just retrofitted 255lph wahlboro pumps.

this is the only thing holding me back from getting the 335i but i was told that the fun part is worth the problems.

Stephanie 01-14-2010 10:09 AM

HPFP and Coil Packs are supposedly the biggest issues with the 335, *knock on wood* haven't had either issue thus far... its been 3 years and about 40,000kms.

propr'one 01-14-2010 05:56 PM

steph your car has 40K kms? Just church on sundays, huh?

Ceeker 01-14-2010 06:08 PM

quite a few turbo problems as well coming into the dealerships. techs are telling me.

Stephanie 01-14-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one (Post 1381731)
steph your car has 40K kms? Just church on sundays, huh?

Yea. And church is far... Put 28,000 kms on her since I picked it up in february 2009 ;)

propr'one 01-15-2010 03:13 AM

Do you drive it in the winter?

Stephanie 01-15-2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one (Post 1381839)
Do you drive it in the winter?

Hell no! I drive a '98 GMC Blazer in the winter... So hawt *rockout*

chenx15 01-15-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephanie (Post 1381848)
Hell no! I drive a '98 GMC Blazer in the winter... So hawt *rockout*

so is the cold weather a factor? then again california and vegas have hot weather and they have tons of lemon 335i. the question is are the headaches worth the fun?

Stephanie 01-15-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenx15 (Post 1381933)
the question is are the headaches worth the fun?

...Since I've had no real problems with the car, *knock on wood*... Yes, totally worth the fun.

*love**love* I <3 my machina. *love**love*

Stephanie 01-15-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenx15 (Post 1381933)
so is the cold weather a factor? then again california and vegas have hot weather and they have tons of lemon 335i.

Sorry, and to answer your first question, I really don't think the climate has ALL the much to do with it... I think it has to do with fuel quality and proper care when referring to a HPFP.

Beating the piss out of the car when it is cold (more related to turbocharger care) or on less and 1/4 tank is never advisable on a FI car, especially one with a HPFP.

I had a Warlboro in my (boosted) Civic back in the day and that was the first thing that turbo guys will tell you. You could actually hear it weeze when the fuel was too low and my foot was too heavy lol

chenx15 01-15-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephanie (Post 1381942)
Sorry, and to answer your first question, I really don't think the climate has ALL the much to do with it... I think it has to do with fuel quality and proper care when referring to a HPFP.

Beating the piss out of the car when it is cold (more related to turbocharger care) or on less and 1/4 tank is never advisable on a FI car, especially one with a HPFP.

I had a Warlboro in my (boosted) Civic back in the day and that was the first thing that turbo guys will tell you. You could actually hear it weeze when the fuel was too low and my foot was too heavy lol

Thank you for this info. i think once i get my 335 this is what i will always remember


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014