maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E46 (1998 - 2005) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Quaife LSD Group Buy! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126062)

Michel 10-13-2009 01:31 PM

Quaife LSD Group Buy!
 
Hey guys, not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but mods let me know if I can't. Anyways, I saw a thread a while back regarding an LSD group buy on Bimmerforums for E46's. The units are the following:

http://www.hpashop.com/product.sc?pr...categoryId=114

and HPAutowerks was having the group buy. They stated 10% off for 2 buyers or 15% off for 3 buyers. If anyone is interested, I would be willing to communicate with them to see if we can get this offer.

Their sale price currently is 1305$ for just the LSD unit, meaning you get only the internals. From my understanding, these will swap into any gear set (2.93, 3.15, 3.38, 3.46 etc..)

For example on my 330, I have the stock 2.93 (I think?) gear set, so I would be getting this LSD unit and a second diff with casing (3.38 or 3.46) and swap the LSD unit into that, then replace the 2.93 with it.

Another cool thing about these diffs is that they are not clutch type, so they're not loud and don't get hot, so finned cover is not needed. There's also a lifetime warranty on the units!

Here's more info: http://www.quaife.co.uk/What-is-a-Qu...B-differential

Anyways, please post if there's interest! Again, mods let me know if this needs to be permitted first :)

Thanks,
Mike

ramdmc 10-24-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michel (Post 1354782)
There's also a lifetime warranty on the units!

Here's more info: http://www.quaife.co.uk/What-is-a-Qu...B-differential

Anyways, please post if there's interest! Again, mods let me know if this needs to be permitted first :)

Thanks,
Mike

Only to the original purchaser, I know from experience. Don't worry though, these are bulletproof and very rarely fail. Well worth the price of admission.

RC

330DTM 10-29-2009 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michel (Post 1354782)
Hey guys, not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but mods let me know if I can't. Anyways, I saw a thread a while back regarding an LSD group buy on Bimmerforums for E46's. The units are the following:

http://www.hpashop.com/product.sc?pr...categoryId=114

and HPAutowerks was having the group buy. They stated 10% off for 2 buyers or 15% off for 3 buyers. If anyone is interested, I would be willing to communicate with them to see if we can get this offer.

Their sale price currently is 1305$ for just the LSD unit, meaning you get only the internals. From my understanding, these will swap into any gear set (2.93, 3.15, 3.38, 3.46 etc..)

For example on my 330, I have the stock 2.93 (I think?) gear set, so I would be getting this LSD unit and a second diff with casing (3.38 or 3.46) and swap the LSD unit into that, then replace the 2.93 with it.

Another cool thing about these diffs is that they are not clutch type, so they're not loud and don't get hot, so finned cover is not needed. There's also a lifetime warranty on the units!

Here's more info: http://www.quaife.co.uk/What-is-a-Qu...B-differential

Anyways, please post if there's interest! Again, mods let me know if this needs to be permitted first :)

Thanks,
Mike

Are you saying the "LSD internals" will bolt right into the stock diff casing? Is there any way of confirming this?

BTW, PM me if you're interested in getting LSD unit built by Jim Blanton (his name is all over E46Fanatics). He ships the LSD unit as ready for bolt on, so everything you need is already there. It costs a bit more but maybe if we can get a few more ppl. to buy from him we might get a discount :)

E46er 10-29-2009 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 330DTM (Post 1360810)
Are you saying the "LSD internals" will bolt right into the stock diff casing? Is there any way of confirming this?

BTW, PM me if you're interested in getting LSD unit built by Jim Blanton (his name is all over E46Fanatics). He ships the LSD unit as ready for bolt on, so everything you need is already there. It costs a bit more but maybe if we can get a few more ppl. to buy from him we might get a discount :)


I can't remember if Jim Blanton is the same guy that builds LSD units for Bimmerworld or they have someone else that builds it for them, as I was looking into this over 2 years ago now. But I got my LSD unit from them and I've had it just over 2 years now with no problems.

Michel 10-29-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 330DTM (Post 1360810)
Are you saying the "LSD internals" will bolt right into the stock diff casing? Is there any way of confirming this?

BTW, PM me if you're interested in getting LSD unit built by Jim Blanton (his name is all over E46Fanatics). He ships the LSD unit as ready for bolt on, so everything you need is already there. It costs a bit more but maybe if we can get a few more ppl. to buy from him we might get a discount :)

from my understanding it bolts right in with a few small modifications on the casing (this is what I've read from peoples experience). But yea, I may scrap my plans for LSD this year since I've decided on cams/headers instead... maybe next year :(

Blocked_Out 11-09-2010 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michel (Post 1360847)
from my understanding it bolts right in with a few small modifications on the casing (this is what I've read from peoples experience). But yea, I may scrap my plans for LSD this year since I've decided on cams/headers instead... maybe next year :(

Well, next year is here.

I'm down for this if we can get 3 people.

Michel 11-10-2010 11:31 AM

^I'll have to contact them to see if they can give us a group deal, but ill be down for getting one this summer.

Vander 12-05-2010 06:13 PM

might be interested as well

GLH BMW 12-05-2010 10:10 PM

the cars dont make enough power to really warent a lsd,unless you auto- cross your throwing money away

Blocked_Out 12-05-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLH BMW (Post 1468558)
the cars dont make enough power to really warent a lsd,unless you auto- cross your throwing money away

May be your car doesnt make enough power.

Mine does and it needs an LSD.

GLH BMW 12-05-2010 10:41 PM

unless you have fi no need, unless you want to spend the bucks,wait unless you drive your car in the winter than yes not a bad idea

gnome 12-06-2010 12:30 AM

US$ is almost at parity again now. Let's get a deal going for LSD's for our E46's, I have been waiting for a year now, slowly the price is dropping.
Need to figure out what the net total cost is going to be, shipping, duties, installation, etc.

98323IS 12-06-2010 12:26 PM

Please keep me updated on how this goes as I'm very interested as well. I don't want to swap internals though, I want a "bolt on" ready to go 3.38LSD. Keep me posted guys!

Blocked_Out 12-06-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLH BMW (Post 1468564)
unless you have fi no need, unless you want to spend the bucks,wait unless you drive your car in the winter than yes not a bad idea

All you say is unless, lol

For the fact:
-I do auto X my current car
-I do track my current car
-I drive it in the snow
-I drove my previous BMW in the snow as well.
-My car has more power then yours
-MY CAR NEEDS AN LSD.

Quaife ATB to me seems like the CHEAPEST AND EASIEST way to get LSD in my E46.
Other option is to swap an M3 rear subframe, my cost would be just under $1000. It is cheaper then Quaife BUT, I would have to swap my Powerflex subframe bushings over (which I DONT want to do) also, I dont want to be driving with a 3.62 gear ratio.

Solution > Quaife ATB for $1300, which will go into my 3.38 diff=perfection.

You got a better solution?

Michel 12-06-2010 10:15 PM

^The worse part would be to make the custom driveshaft i would think (if you're not getting a tranny).

When I finish exams next week, I'll send them an e-mail and see if they can do something since the offer above is quite old...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.