maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E90/E91/E92/E93 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   help me find an '06 330i (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125037)

da1nonly 09-15-2009 03:05 PM

help me find an '06 330i
 
hi guys,

my first post here...i've been looking for a 2006 330i for the past few weeks and haven't had any luck. I've been looking on autotrader mostly.

anyways here's what i'm looking for if anyone see's one around or knows of someone selling theirs please let me know.

2006 330i, manual tranny, less than 70,000km, in white, black or silver (preference in that order) preferably sport/premium/navigation package but not a big deal. i've found a few under $30K but every time i get to the dealership they're sold.

any help appreciated,

also if anyone recommends a 325 over a 330 let me know why i'm gunna post something soon asking about the differences (other than hp)

thanks

europrince 09-15-2009 03:42 PM

http://www.autotrader.ca/result/resu...ly=False&srt=7

Mystikal 09-15-2009 06:58 PM

I don't blame you, I've driven all of the E9x non-M variants and that's my favourite, by far. That motor is severely under appreciated, even with the ultimate power of the 335 I'd still take the 330.

DrXenon 09-15-2009 07:33 PM

I am looking for the same car and I have a highly respected independent dealer going to this week's BMW auction to find it for me. PM me if you want his contact details.

europrince 09-15-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystikal (Post 1345742)
I don't blame you, I've driven all of the E9x non-M variants and that's my favourite, by far. That motor is severely under appreciated, even with the ultimate power of the 335 I'd still take the 330.

Really? Why would you take a 330 over a 335?

Nick_V 09-15-2009 09:24 PM

^^turbo reliability concerns, perhaps?

europrince 09-15-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick_V (Post 1345784)
^^turbo reliability concerns, perhaps?

overrated

Nick_V 09-15-2009 09:50 PM

not if you plan on keeping the car outside the warranty and tracking it with any sort of regularity. then it's a real concern that you wouldn't have with the NA motor. It's just one thing to consider...

tominizer 09-16-2009 08:04 AM

I've had a few turbo Audi's in the past and turbo's are ALWAYS an issue. They do not last forever and need to be replaced. And I'm going to guess that replacing it on a BMW ain't going to be cheap. My twin turbo A6 it was something like $7K+ to go back to stock through an independent where I was a VERY good client.

330i is very under-rated. It would be my choice as well........ with no AWD.

Bender 09-20-2009 01:10 PM

Cert Pre-Owned
 
Good 330's are hard to find. I bought a cer pre-owned and had to move fast when I bought it. I would link up with a bmw dealer rep and give him your option list. I bought mine from Gus at BMW Toronto. Very happy.

da1nonly 09-21-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender (Post 1347103)
Good 330's are hard to find. I bought a cer pre-owned and had to move fast when I bought it. I would link up with a bmw dealer rep and give him your option list. I bought mine from Gus at BMW Toronto. Very happy.

ya no kidding. i got fed up with trying to find the perfect 330 and ended up getting a 325 with super low km's. Now i gotta figure out how to get the power up a bit to 330 levels.

europrince 09-21-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da1nonly (Post 1347328)
ya no kidding. i got fed up with trying to find the perfect 330 and ended up getting a 325 with super low km's. Now i gotta figure out how to get the power up a bit to 330 levels.

Patience is a virtue ;)

Bender 09-21-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da1nonly (Post 1347328)
ya no kidding. i got fed up with trying to find the perfect 330 and ended up getting a 325 with super low km's. Now i gotta figure out how to get the power up a bit to 330 levels.


No worries there. Perf mods are available for the 325 more than for the 330, which is what I am struggling with. You can get a chip and cold air intake to take you almost to 330 power levels. Check out Turner Motorsports online.

Mystikal 09-21-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by europrince (Post 1345782)
Really? Why would you take a 330 over a 335?

Throttle response, sound, and the linear power band. The 335 will absolutely shove you into the seat, especially with some mods, but it's just not as satisfying to drive for me. That N52 motor sings.

Reliability wasn't a part of my statement there, but yeah, I'm sure the 330i will stand the test of time better than the 335i (especially with mods).

europrince 09-21-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystikal (Post 1347536)
Throttle response, sound, and the linear power band. The 335 will absolutely shove you into the seat, especially with some mods, but it's just not as satisfying to drive for me. That N52 motor sings.

Reliability wasn't a part of my statement there, but yeah, I'm sure the 330i will stand the test of time better than the 335i (especially with mods).

I'll be sure to drive the 330 to compare. It's certainly a cheaper buy from an '07 335. I'm not comparing the 540 to the 335, but after driving the 540 for 5 years, I'm addicted to the shoving into the seat thing. With or without the JB3, there is something about knowing you can kill most cars on the road. Notice how most Porsche, Ferrari etc drivers coast comfortably at 110-120 in the middle lane of the highway? Why bother when you know?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.