maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ontario (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   *** The Grand Finale Cruise 2009: Sunday October 4th (GTA) *** (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124870)

Mystikal 09-10-2009 03:34 PM

*** The Grand Finale Cruise 2009: Sunday October 4th (GTA) ***

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ez13/BMW10.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, your long awaited final cruise of the year is here. You've all been bugging me non-stop all summer, and while it was fun just watching the excitement build, it's about time to get this event going!

This will be a LONG daytime cruise, similar in concept to the OpeningCruise that I've been honing to perfection in the past couple years. Plan on a long, full day of BMW scenery; posers need not apply. The route is still being finalized (as usual, gotta love my procrastination), but the roads we will see are spectacular. Lots of winding curves, blind corners, elevation changes, decreasing radius breath-stoppers, the works. I will update this thread once I have all of the info I want to share, likely within the final 2 weeks prior to the date.

What I can share with you now is that we are heading NORTH. I've taken you all east, north-east, west, north-west, and so on...but this is a whole new territory. I'm not resting on my laurels here, we gotta keep searching for the best routes in Ontario!

And for the reading impaired, here's the lowdown:

Meeting Place: Dave & Busters
Directions: www.mapquest.ca
Time: 10:30am (leaving at 11:00am)

September 25th update:

Alright, here's the update I've been slacking on.

As mentioned, we did the usual trial run of the cruise this past Sunday. This is done to ensure that there are no surprises such as roads that may no longer have pavement (and we found this out, without warning, at about 120km/h....), routes that are excessively bumpy, traffic prone, etc. I've made the important changes and as a result our route is now gravel-free and mostly newly paved, too.

Okay enough boring talk. The roads are incredible. We drive for just over an hour or so on the freeway, which is of course the boring part. After that, we have a solid 110+km of winding, twisting, and mostly completely empty backroads. They follow the water, they follow the cliffs, you name it it's out there. Quite honestly, for this Toronto native, it doesn't feel like Ontario anymore. 5 out of 5 star rating roads! The total distance back to Woodbridge is 411km, so it's about 100km shorter than Opening Cruise. It has about three times as many good corners though!

We WILL be stopping a couple times for quick food grabs, sightseeing, and in general just stretching your legs. As for gas, there is no Sunoco until exactly 267km from the meeting spot in Woodbridge. Also keep in mind there is no Sunoco very close to the Woodbridge meet spot, either. If you absolutely must run 94 octane, FILL UP ON YOUR WAY TO THE MEET. I can't emphasize this enough. We will make an effort to stop at the "267km Sunoco" just before the dinner stop. As a side note, including a pretty big detour due to the gravel road discovery, I used less than half a tank to get to the dinner/gas stop in my M3. And this included a lot of hard driving, so the gas situation isn't as critical as the Opening Cruise, for example. A full tank should get you back to the GTA, unless you're a real jackass. :D

I think that's about it. Full detail route info will be handed out at the cruise, including the usual mileage breakdown to each turn. See you all there!

Important Reminders:
* Make sure your gas tank is full the morning of the cruise. Please do this prior to arriving at the meet spot.
* Food, food, food. Make sure you eat breakfast, as we will not be stopping for food until several hours after moving off. If you can, bring something to snack on during the trip even.
* Co-pilot. Bring a passenger along, to help you with the navigating as well as to keep you company. It's a long ride, and having someone with you will be a lot more fun.
* FRS radio. If you do not already have one of these, it can be a nice toy to have during the cruise. We will be on a designated frequency (channel 6, sub channel 9) so if you need to alert the group of something important and/or be alerted of the same, an FRS radio will be a great investment.
* A list of the turns on the route will be handed out at the meeting place. Please remember to reset your odometers before we leave the meet spot, so you can follow the cumulative km guide of the map.

Hope to see you all there. *rockout*

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ez13/BMW13.jpg

Going list (add your name in the thread):
1. Mystikal

dbworld4k 09-10-2009 03:40 PM

**** YEAH!

1. Mystikal
2. dbworld4k

Stephanie 09-10-2009 04:24 PM

1. Mystikal
2. dbworld4k
3. Stephanie ... whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! *rockout*

T.Dot_E30 09-10-2009 04:57 PM

1. Mystikal
2. dbworld4k
3. Stephanie
4. T.dot_e30 (tentative)

Steve30 09-10-2009 06:09 PM

sweeeet!!

1. Mystikal
2. dbworld4k
3. Stephanie
4. T.dot_e30 (tentative)
5. steve30

pawcio 09-10-2009 06:22 PM

1. Mystikal
2. dbworld4k
3. Stephanie
4. T.dot_e30 (tentative)
5. steve30
6. pawcio

Ihavenocar 09-10-2009 07:03 PM

1. Mystikal
2. dbworld4k
3. Stephanie
4. T.dot_e30 (tentative)
5. steve30
6. pawcio
7. Ihavenocar

bmwm5lover 09-10-2009 07:16 PM

1. Mystikal
2. dbworld4k
3. Stephanie
4. T.dot_e30 (tentative)
5. steve30
6. pawcio
7. Ihavenocar
8.Bmwm5lover (Possibly)

Sickbimmer 09-10-2009 07:19 PM

It's on my birthday but I have no plans. Should be good to go!

Quack 09-10-2009 08:49 PM

not sure if I can make it to the meeting spot on time, how long do you think it would take me to drive from Hong Kong?

:D
damn you guys, another cruise I'm missing, have fun and take lots of pics & vids please

bimmerjoe 09-10-2009 08:51 PM

1. Mystikal
2. dbworld4k
3. Stephanie
4. T.dot_e30 (tentative)
5. steve30
6. pawcio
7. Ihavenocar
8.Bmwm5lover (Possibly)
9. BIMMERJOE!! (NO STONE FILLED ROADS!!!!) LOL

Shafhan 09-10-2009 10:30 PM

1. Mystikal
2. dbworld4k
3. Stephanie
4. T.dot_e30 (tentative)
5. steve30
6. pawcio
7. Ihavenocar
8.Bmwm5lover (Possibly)
10. Shafhan ( i wouldnt miss this 4 anythin :) )

gnome 09-10-2009 11:12 PM

1. Mystikal
2. dbworld4k
3. Stephanie
4. T.dot_e30 (tentative)
5. steve30
6. pawcio
7. Ihavenocar
8.Bmwm5lover (Possibly)
10. Shafhan ( i wouldnt miss this 4 anythin )
11. gnome

El Gato Liso 09-11-2009 07:15 AM

1. Mystikal
2. dbworld4k
3. Stephanie
4. T.dot_e30 (tentative)
5. steve30
6. pawcio
7. Ihavenocar
8.Bmwm5lover (Possibly)
11. gnome
12. El Gato Liso - 350i

Calling all Btown folks to cruise to the meeting spot!

richie_s999 09-11-2009 07:27 AM

1. Mystikal
2. dbworld4k
3. Stephanie
4. T.dot_e30 (tentative)
5. steve30
6. pawcio
7. Ihavenocar
8.Bmwm5lover (Possibly)
11. gnome
12. El Gato Liso - 350i
13. richie_s999 (got my lucky number :))

p.s. Stephaine I will be wearing the Ed Harveys :P