maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   If anyone has used a broker to import a car from the US, how much did it cost? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123507)

maroli 08-04-2009 11:06 PM

If anyone has used a broker to import a car from the US, how much did it cost?

Man, caribana this weekend woke me up as to how cheap cars are in the states. Everyone has something. I'm seeing Aston V8 Vantages for under 70k US, 911 GT3's for around the same. Crazy. I don't mind driving the car over, but I'd like someone to take care of the paperwork. What am I looking at?

BMW_7 08-04-2009 11:09 PM

whats caribana have to do with US cars?

maroli 08-05-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_7 (Post 1332189)
whats caribana have to do with US cars?

because tons of people drive up from the states and there's a disproportionate amount of nice cars

rendered 08-05-2009 04:28 AM

They're all rentals or leases anyways! :p

I charge a $2000 brokerage fee normally, but my service includes everything including you being able to buy the car at wholesale. I take care of the importing, shipping, licensing and delivery to the customer!

MiroE36 08-05-2009 08:57 AM

that's not bad at all!

topaz330ci 08-05-2009 09:39 AM

2000$ for everything done and dealt with, and the biggest/best part of that deal is he can get you a car at wholesale price!

In my opinion, if you can dish out a few days on you're own, you can go up and find a nice private sale and you can also handle the paperwork! It's not a hell of a lot, it's just the process and steps that need to be correct and planned out before time.

maroli 08-05-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rendered (Post 1332247)

I charge a $2000 brokerage fee normally, but my service includes everything including you being able to buy the car at wholesale. I take care of the importing, shipping, licensing and delivery to the customer!

what exactly is wholesale in this case? Is that for new cars? What about for used cars I see in a private sale?

regarding the 2k that sounds very reasonable. What other costs will I be looking at? So if I see a car for 65k US, and it doesn't need any modifications (when I look in the RIV list it doesn't give me any stipulations), aside from the 2k canadian I pay you, what else do I need to do/pay? Thanks

topaz330ci 08-05-2009 10:59 AM

Wholesale, in the sense of a used car! Private sale is a Private sale, you deal with the person for the total price, and a broker will do the rest.

RIV doesn't give specific's like that! My suggestion to you is to call the headquarters of the make you want directly and ask them for what mods need to be done for it to be admissable in Canada. Every car is different. Worst serive is probably from Benz!

But like the OP said, some crazy nice cars for cheap in the states nowadays!

maroli 08-05-2009 11:14 AM

oh, so I just tell the broker what I'm looking for and he'll find a car for me? Sweet. Regarding the RIV, I put the cars name in and theres this thing that comes up and says if its admissible. For example, the GT3 will need the carpet cut out over some part...and so on, but I will def do the work to find out if my car is legal. I want an Aston V8 in a couple years!

slemmer 08-05-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rendered (Post 1332247)

Do you also take care of the locating, inspecting, and testing of the vehicle prior to importating or is there another service for that part?

rendered 08-06-2009 05:48 PM

It's all included! I buy every car like I'm buying it for myself. Only the best, even if I have to spend a little more, it's worth it in the end to get the best vehicle available.

There's just duty to pay, ac tax, and riv fee... We take care of the modifacations needed to register any car on Canadian soil.

And our customers win big, with the huge savings from US cars and no hassles of importing themselves.

Btw, I'm still looking around for a nice deal for the 5 choices you gave me but I'm having a hard time narrowing down what you will like best for your new convertible! We should meet up at my shop and talk about it some more :)

mudmojo 08-06-2009 07:42 PM

Can you give us examples of how much of a price difference there might be between wholesale and used car mart retail prices?

328IScreamer 08-06-2009 07:50 PM

I wish I would have done this instead of buying my car in Canada!!

ImolaZHP 08-06-2009 10:14 PM

rendered, what's the name of the dealer you own?

slemmer 08-07-2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rendered (Post 1332838)
It's all included! I buy every car like I'm buying it for myself. Only the best, even if I have to spend a little more, it's worth it in the end to get the best vehicle available.

There's just duty to pay, ac tax, and riv fee... We take care of the modifacations needed to register any car on Canadian soil.

And our customers win big, with the huge savings from US cars and no hassles of importing themselves.

Btw, I'm still looking around for a nice deal for the 5 choices you gave me but I'm having a hard time narrowing down what you will like best for your new convertible! We should meet up at my shop and talk about it some more :)

My wife had vetoed the 2-seater concept so it's now a four seater convertible option. PM me your shop details and we'll connect.

Stephen