maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Joining the F/I community :) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123487)

Denny 08-04-2009 04:04 PM

Joining the F/I community :)

Well I finally did it.... just bought a 330i Active Autowerke Stage 1 SC with the new C38-81 trim Rotrex.

Anybody else in the Ottawa region is F/I?

Denny
2003 BMW 330i 5-speed M-Sport black on black

black bnr32 08-05-2009 12:20 PM

And so another one crosses over to the dark side!

You do realize this is only the beginning...

Haha, enjoy. And install that thing yourself!

You buy through Marco on bf.com?

Denny 08-05-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black bnr32 (Post 1332361)
And so another one crosses over to the dark side!

You do realize this is only the beginning...

Haha, enjoy. And install that thing yourself!

You buy through Marco on bf.com?

Thank you sir*rockout*

Yes I did cross over ...not new to F/I ...cobalt ss/supercharged and eagle talon TSI always did the work myself.... tuning,maintenance, engine swap, clutch..you name it

Well maybe...LOL

I bought directly from Active they had a deal I could not refuse *smoke*

I will DIY a stage 2 for it intercooler/smaller pulley in the future then thats it ..it will be fast enough for me.

black bnr32 08-05-2009 04:50 PM

IMO you could find yourself needing the intercooler pretty quick as many complain about heat soak on those units.

Denny 08-05-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black bnr32 (Post 1332476)
IMO you could find yourself needing the intercooler pretty quick as many complain about heat soak on those units.

Really! AA told me it holds very well even in the scorching sun of down south.

BUT I will add a intercooler next year, so for the rest of are wanna be summer I should be fine....Fall/winter is almost here!!

black bnr32 08-07-2009 12:09 PM

I suppose the real answer lies somewhere in the middle. But yeah, now that I think about it, we don't get particularly hot and humid up here so you'll be fine on the street.

spooling 08-09-2009 08:01 PM

Congratts! There are quite a few of us FI guys in the ottawa region, you'll have to make it out to some of the photo shoots or m&m one night.

Denny 08-09-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spooling (Post 1333761)
Congratts! There are quite a few of us FI guys in the ottawa region, you'll have to make it out to some of the photo shoots or m&m one night.

really!! I did not know we are a few in ottawa that are F/I thats really cool! It's so rare to even see a E46 on the street:(

I will definitly show up once I receive my kit and install it. Any Active Autowerkes rotrex superchargers?

Cant wait to meet you all...where exactly do you guys meet? I'm in Orleans

spooling 08-11-2009 02:23 AM

Theres not many if any e46 fi's mostly e30's. I have a 328is turbo (e36) my buddy has a vortech charged e36 M and another with 318 i turbo all nice cars. There's car meets at merivale and meadowlands on friday nights. People show up around 9-10 lots of cars at the start of summer I haven't gone for a while but the bimmer guys are always there.

Denny 08-11-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spooling (Post 1334272)
Theres not many if any e46 fi's mostly e30's. I have a 328is turbo (e36) my buddy has a vortech charged e36 M and another with 318 i turbo all nice cars. There's car meets at merivale and meadowlands on friday nights. People show up around 9-10 lots of cars at the start of summer I haven't gone for a while but the bimmer guys are always there.

Cool! Awesome line up of powerfull E36 machines.

I'm Hoping I will receive my AA stage 1 kit and install it before the end of the Fall so I can go over and show it to you guy's.

Any of you raced at the track yet? If so what are your numbers? Im really hoping for high 12's with my car...but I may be dreaming.

spooling 08-15-2009 10:36 AM

The M runs low 12's until he twisted his drive shaft, the 318 i runs low 14's and have no official numbers for my 328 yet

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denny (Post 1334389)
Cool! Awesome line up of powerfull E36 machines.

I'm Hoping I will receive my AA stage 1 kit and install it before the end of the Fall so I can go over and show it to you guy's.

Any of you raced at the track yet? If so what are your numbers? Im really hoping for high 12's with my car...but I may be dreaming.