maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Junkies (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Trillium BMW Driver Development School Sunday August 23 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122935)

dble Trouble 07-20-2009 11:08 PM

Trillium BMW Club Driver Development School Sunday August 23

This school is for all of you that want to come out to a track day with professional instruction, and not have it break the bank. $200.00 plus GST, for a full day of in class instruction and lapping with instructor in the car at all times on the Mosport DDT. It is open to all brands of cars, although the focus is on BMW's. We often get such a diverse mix anyways. Not to mention a great time to meet with fellow enthusiasts and have a bit of an impromptu car show/meet in the paddock in between sessions. Since this is a "school" the tuition fee IS A TAX WRITE OFF next year when you do your taxes! Huge value. If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me or email me at john_venditti@hotmail.com.

Registration is on the Trillium BMW website. www.trillium-bmwclub.ca

Thanks, and I hope to see all of you there!
John

dble Trouble 07-22-2009 12:37 AM

After a board meeting tonight, the Trillium BMW club has announced a HUGE price cut for their August 23rd Driver Development school. $150.00 for a full day of in class and in car instruction, + exercises around a real skidpad, and a catered lunch, + GST. Not to mention you still get your tax write off receipt. Register early, like right now not to be disappointed. There are a limited # of spaces and they are going to fill quickly at this price. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

John Venditti

That's right $150.00 + GST

dble Trouble 07-22-2009 05:14 PM

Sorry, I forgot to mention, the free catered lunch is only included if you register, prior to the 16th of August, as we need to let the caterer know how many people to feed ahead of time. So if you're planning on going, don't wait to register!

Thanks again,
John Venditti

nachos23 07-22-2009 05:22 PM

will you be my instructor Big John? ;)

dble Trouble 07-22-2009 05:25 PM

^^^ Hey how's it going? Unfortunately not in car. This event I'm running the exercises, so if you attend, when it's your turn up, I'll be coaching you, but also the whole group through the skidpad. I hope you come, it's going to be quite the event. Let me know when you sign up.

John

doogee 07-22-2009 05:49 PM

Wow definitely interested.

JunzieB 07-22-2009 06:11 PM

Sounds like a great event, checking my calendar right now.*th-up*

nachos23 07-23-2009 07:48 PM

Hey John;

Gonna be in woodbridge Friday night? Gonna try to get out this week.

dble Trouble 07-24-2009 12:25 AM

Not sure yet, really busy with work and planning the BIG show and track day for the 23rd is taking a lot of disposable time away from me. I'll let you know.
Any chance I'll see you out there at Mosport on the 23rd?

John

Ant118 07-24-2009 01:12 AM

ya need to test the car now. Ill be there sunday.

nachos23 07-24-2009 09:08 AM

More than likely. Would really like to learn to push the car..... Got to check schedules..... The kids and their comittments tend to dictate my weekend schedule..... Got to finish suspension setup.....

dble Trouble 07-24-2009 10:45 PM

Don't worry about the suspension, leave it stock and come and have some fun. My e30 is stock and I tell you I bet I have as much fun as anyone, especially when people come up to me after a session and say woe, it looks like you're going to roll over........... :D Or, what do you have done to your car to go so fast? and I tell them it's stock with all season tires and their faces twist. :D

V12 07-27-2009 05:02 PM

I've registered. should be interesting .

Do we need a helmet? Any good recommendations for getting the car inspected?

dble Trouble 07-27-2009 06:06 PM

Great questions. Absolutely a helmet is required for insurance reasons. However, if you don't own one the club has a limited supply to "lend" for the day. In order to guarantee one, contact Stuart Sherman at the trillium club, link to his email is on the registration page.
As an added bonus, the first 15 people that sign up for the school get a voucher for a free technical inspection. I think they usually cost somewhere between $50 and $100 depending on where you take it. But again, check with Stuart, he may still have some vouchers left.

V12 07-28-2009 08:56 PM

PMed Stuart. Thanks for the tip.
Where does one shop for a helmet?