maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Parking with a disabled pemit (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122893)

slemmer 07-20-2009 04:48 PM

Parking with a disabled pemit

I saw a Porsche and a Ferrari with the disabled person's permit on their windshield parked along Queen Street/Dovercourt in front of a Starbucks coffee shop yesteday. Now I'm not judging whether the permit is legit, but is it legal for those who have those permits to park anywhere that us regular drivers can't. I know there wasn't a disabled parking permit spot where they were parked. In fact, three hours later I passed by the same spot and saw no tickets on those two cars but two other cars without permits were tagged. WTF?

Ceeker 07-20-2009 05:46 PM

they are not completely exempt. My sister has a dis sticker and windshield sticker that she displays when she goes to park. I've seen her get tickets for Fire route, no standing, and absolutely no parking eg. bus lane. These have been the exceptions. And she had to pay them. She also thought she could park "just anywhere" this is wrong. They have rights but not to abuse them. People don't need a physical handicap to have them. Mental as well. A diabetic could have a disability sticker. Anyone with a health condition could acquire one with a doctors report and a little BS to add.

Redster 07-21-2009 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the permit you need to park anywhere ;)

ericdalinda 07-21-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redster (Post 1327207)

illuminati...

not suprised they drive a cadilliac neither

propr'one 07-21-2009 01:47 PM

yeah, diplomats are illuminati.

Just to give you guys an idea. I always, always, always park my e36 anywhere that's convenient for me. The only thing i sortof look out for is fire hydrants (Not only cause of the fine, but because firemen will smash your windows and run a hose through your car, as prorven by the famous e30 picture).

I've gotten litterrally tons of 30 & 40 dollar parking tickets around toronto, i requested court dates for all of them, and i have yet to get a single court date. I'm sure eventually i'll get at least a few, but if your court date is like a year after the offense date, its very, very likely that it will get thrown out anyway.

Park wherever you like, go to the courthouse once every two weeks. If you want instructions as to how to get into the eglington civic centre without waiting to cross picket lines/paying for parking, let me know.

lvan 07-21-2009 08:09 PM

I think they got a fake one. Those parking spots are much wider. The chances that the cars may not get dings all over, as if they part it in those narrower spots. This way is better. Even if he gets a ticket, that money would have gone for expensive valet parking habbits.

propr'one 07-22-2009 04:04 AM

OMG!!!:cool:

I can't believe this. I'm getting a disabled parking permit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/app.shtml
To qualify for an APP, the individual must be certified by an APP program recognized health practitioner as having one or more of the following conditions:

Cannot walk without assistance of another person or a brace, cane, crutch, a lower limb prosthetic device or similar assistive device or who requires the assistance of a wheelchair.
Suffers from lung disease to such an extent that forced expiratory volume in one second is less than one litre.

Portable oxygen is a medical necessity.

Cardiovascular disease impairment classified as Class III or Class IV to standards accepted by the American Heart Association or Class III or IV according to the Canadian Cardiovascular Standard.

Severely limited in the ability to walk due to an arthritic, neurological, musculoskeletal or orthopaedic condition.

Visual acuity is 20/200 or poorer in the better eye with or without corrective lenses or whose greatest diameter of the field of vision in both eyes is 20 degrees or less.
Condition(s) or functional impairment that severely limits his or her mobility

Snellen
20/10
20/15
20/20
20/30
20/40
20/50
20/100
20/200

Estimated prescription
Plano (zero)
Plano
Plano to -0.25
-1.00 to -1.25
-1.75 to -2.00
-2.00 to -2.50

My prescription is -4.50, -4.75

I ****ing love actually reading laws. If being a lawyer didn't sound like such a ****ing horrible job, i would mabye actually consider law school.

slemmer 07-22-2009 05:17 PM

Based on that info, they'll be a lot of permits handed out for poor eye sight!

propr'one 07-22-2009 05:39 PM

^^do it. I'm definatly going to get one. I doubt i'd use it very much, and i'd try to be respectful (not take the last handicapped spot, for instance), but if i'm legally entitled to one, you can bet your ass i'll have one *th-up*

ericdalinda 07-22-2009 05:42 PM

what i find screwed up is how the hell do they give out handicapped permits to near blind people.. but then allow those same people to drive? lol

propr'one 07-22-2009 06:01 PM

near blindness is determined without glasses. Driving tests are done with your glasses on. With my glasses i see 20/20.

Trouble65 07-22-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redster (Post 1327207)

Nah! That's the do anything plate.

Redster 07-22-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trouble65 (Post 1327778)
Nah! That's the do anything plate.

I know *drink*

truemc 07-24-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one (Post 1327686)
^^do it. I'm definatly going to get one. I doubt i'd use it very much, and i'd try to be respectful (not take the last handicapped spot, for instance), but if i'm legally entitled to one, you can bet your ass i'll have one *th-up*

I'm pretty sure that you are not going to get one.

propr'one 07-24-2009 05:10 PM

Wanna make a bet? I meet 100% of the legal requirements to obtain a permit.