maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Is it illegal to carry a baseball bat in the car? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122841)

AMG_POWER 07-18-2009 06:13 PM

Is it illegal to carry a baseball bat in the car?

What about a golf club? My buddy says its the same.:confused:

propr'one 07-18-2009 06:15 PM

yes. it is.

The police see it like this. Anything that can be a weapon, is a weapon. Carrying a weapon is illeagal.

Having said that, i'd rather take my chances with the cops than with whoever i'd be using the bat against. And its not exactly like i welcome cops to search my car...

kzy 07-18-2009 07:00 PM

just keep some baseballs, a glove and toronto blue jays hat, and it will look less suspicious

arek 07-18-2009 07:03 PM

Do you plan to hit someone with it, and get charged with assault with a weapon and serve time in jail?

This isn't Ukraine!

lol

Big Chin 07-18-2009 07:35 PM

Haha... really eh? I did not know this... I have 2 of them in my car behind the driver's seat... and I've had to pull them out before...

TheLoneVR! 07-18-2009 08:07 PM

plan ahead.
have a baseball glove and ball in the car

davericher20 07-18-2009 08:22 PM

I had a knife that they almost took away in my trunk a long time ago (not there anymore)

I keep a bat in there though.

It's a free country, they can suck my balls if I like to be prepared for a baseball game. (wink)

King Luis 07-18-2009 08:32 PM

how about a tire wrench? comes with most cars right?

noid 07-18-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propr'one (Post 1326388)
yes. it is.

The police see it like this. Anything that can be a weapon, is a weapon. Carrying a weapon is illeagal.

Having said that, i'd rather take my chances with the cops than with whoever i'd be using the bat against. And its not exactly like i welcome cops to search my car...

Please show me the law that states its illegal? What kind of a country do you think we live in? Most of the time i carry a m16-14sf knife on me, a weapon is defined as a tool used to harm someone else, just because i have a knife/bat/golf club doesnt mean im going to use it to harm someone else. Ill challenge any police officer anyday of the week on this subject, there is no law against carrying an item. Hell did you even know a person can carry a rifle as long as the magazine is out of the rifle, the mag can hold ammunition and be in the person pocket while the rifle on the persons back, yes, im not shitting you, its legal, might get you looks, but its legal. Note for this example you have to have your firearms licence to acquire said rifle.

Ignorance =/= law

lvan 07-18-2009 10:04 PM

My vote.

Too hard to impose it.

davericher20 07-18-2009 10:13 PM

ya **** them

Kal 07-18-2009 11:51 PM

I have a cricket bat, field hockey stick 2 tennis rackets and a baseball glove in my trunk. I have never played cirket or field hockey in my life. Car has been searched and never got hassled (apart from a few questions)

ProStreetDriver 07-19-2009 01:18 AM

i carry a flip knife in my door panel... when i drove a truck i used to carry a tire bud under the seat. the same thing the truckers use to check their tire pressure. cop questioned me about it once and i just said i use to to check my tire pressure and he was fine with that.

arek 07-19-2009 01:40 AM

I don't engage in road rage, I just press the buttom to activate power and leave the scene..

:D

Ceeker 07-19-2009 08:12 AM

I don't understand why so many of you carry this stuff and never use it. What is your intention? It's as though down the road you anticipate the probability of encountering a confrontation at some point. If you keep this sort of thought in your mind or even in the back of your mind long enough eventually you'll attract this situation. Is this something you really want?