maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Satellite TV via the internet - liegit or scam?? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122327)

xlash 07-05-2009 11:33 PM

Satellite TV via the internet - liegit or scam??
 
http://owensound.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...AdIdZ140282779

Is this possible? J/w since I thought quality would suffer a lot.

v_bimmer 07-06-2009 02:24 AM

We are using this at our home! The feed comes through the internet because there is a new major block agaist illegal satellites...internet is the alternative solution for now!!

xlash 07-06-2009 11:41 AM

How's the picture quality? I suppose you need a pretty fast modem >54MB to support TV and internet.

AMG_POWER 07-06-2009 12:01 PM

i would like more info on that!!!

Im using internet based reciver from one company here for my Russian chanels quality is pretty good.

v_bimmer 07-06-2009 12:18 PM

We didnt notice any difference in quality, the internet feed is as good as the satellite.

The modem is the regular rogers high speed modem, but i think any other one will do just fine!

I dont know about the ad from kijiji (because its down now) but we are running a Kbox K1 plus unit for our tv, there is a lot of threads on the internet about it.

M3GA 07-06-2009 12:44 PM

Anyone with the setup calculated monthly data streaming? I'm on Rogers Express HS Internet with 60GB/mth, could I even thether with my iphone on a 6GB/mth plan?

Also, do you get the same channel line up as Rogers/Bell TV?

I used to run Direct TV, back in the good ol' days!

ScotcH 07-06-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_bimmer (Post 1321669)
We didnt notice any difference in quality, the internet feed is as good as the satellite.

The modem is the regular rogers high speed modem, but i think any other one will do just fine!

I dont know about the ad from kijiji (because its down now) but we are running a Kbox K1 plus unit for our tv, there is a lot of threads on the internet about it.

I don't see how the kbox is an internet TV box ... just seems like any other FTA satallite receiver. Am I missing something? The OP was asking about getting satallite TV channels over the internet ... ie, no dish.

xlash 07-06-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScotcH (Post 1321695)
I don't see how the kbox is an internet TV box ... just seems like any other FTA satallite receiver. Am I missing something? The OP was asking about getting satallite TV channels over the internet ... ie, no dish.

That's correct. Thanks Scotch.

v_bimmer 07-06-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScotcH (Post 1321695)
I don't see how the kbox is an internet TV box ... just seems like any other FTA satallite receiver. Am I missing something? The OP was asking about getting satallite TV channels over the internet ... ie, no dish.

Well i kind of missed the point, but not fully! If the OP is looking for the satellite channel quality and availability, i don't think that will be achieved with just connecting to the internet!

Kbox is not just a regular FTA satellite reciever, currently it is not working off the satellites, but it works off a wireless internet connection! Basically you need the Kbox unit and a Khub ~$230 after that you can be enjoying over 400 channels via internet! Here is the current channel list http://www.ftatalk.com/showthread.php?t=296164

ScotcH 07-06-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_bimmer (Post 1321720)
Well i kind of missed the point, but not fully! If the OP is looking for the satellite channel quality and availability, i don't think that will be achieved with just connecting to the internet!

Kbox is not just a regular FTA satellite reciever, currently it is not working off the satellites, but it works off a wireless internet connection! Basically you need the Kbox unit and a Khub ~$230 after that you can be enjoying over 400 channels via internet! Here is the current channel list http://www.ftatalk.com/showthread.php?t=296164

Can't see the link (need to register), but I still don't get it. Are you saying that you're getting a TV feed via the internet, without having a dish of any kind hooked up to the kbox? What does wireless have to do with it? Will it work over a DSL conenction? I've tried to find info on this and all I get is shit about dishes and LNBs and other crap, which obviously is NOT over the internet.

mirek 07-06-2009 02:24 PM

Are you sure it's not just card sharing over the internet, using satellites? I can't see any of your threads, i don't want to register.

v_bimmer 07-06-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirek (Post 1321732)
Are you sure it's not just card sharing over the internet, using satellites? I can't see any of your threads, i don't want to register.

yep mirek is right.......i FAIL :rolleyes:

Just got home, disconnected the satellite, and the channel reception disappears right away! *thmbsdwn*

ScotcH 07-06-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_bimmer (Post 1321763)
yep mirek is right.......i FAIL :rolleyes:

Just got home, disconnected the satellite, and the channel reception disappears right away! *thmbsdwn*

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Now ... back to the original question. Does such a thing exist (decent TV over internet)? :)

Blades 07-06-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScotcH (Post 1321775)
Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Now ... back to the original question. Does such a thing exist (decent TV over internet)? :)

yes, and its very decent .. My brother in law pays for online sports tv over the internet and he gets it in HD .. runs smooth too .. I was very surprised (Dying to find some free HD channels over the net)

mirek 07-06-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScotcH (Post 1321775)
Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Now ... back to the original question. Does such a thing exist (decent TV over internet)? :)

Hulu.com ? I don't think anytthing exist with LIVE tv, except for NHL.com which is pretty good quality.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015