maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   pit-bull VS porcupine (NSFWLNW) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122108)

davericher20 06-30-2009 05:02 PM

pit-bull VS porcupine (NSFWLNW)

2 Attachment(s)
Stupid Mutt

http://www.agmates.com/blog/2008/06/...omment-page-1/

ProStreetDriver 06-30-2009 06:07 PM

omg!

Nick_V 06-30-2009 06:40 PM

That's not a pitbull, it's a bull terrier (like Don Cherry's "Blue"). They are nasty, pugnacious little ****ers. I'd like to say serves him right for being an asshole, but damn that looks like it hurt!

Dr. Flyview 06-30-2009 06:47 PM

^^ It obviously didn't hurt enough to stop him from proceeding getting pummeled with more.

davericher20 06-30-2009 07:17 PM

yes, bull terrier my bad

Furious 06-30-2009 10:17 PM

these pictures is like 5 years old...

xlash 07-01-2009 12:04 AM

All brawn and no brains...........just like most of their respective owners.

Trouble65 07-01-2009 10:23 AM

Ouch!! I wonder how the porcupine made out?

blastedM3 07-01-2009 10:41 AM

poor dog! learned it the hard way...He must be blind from all those pricks in his eyes.

5thseries 07-01-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trouble65 (Post 1319973)
Ouch!! I wonder how the porcupine made out?

He was obviously victorious
http://images.psxextreme.com/wallpap...3/sonic_02.jpg

:cool:

davericher20 07-01-2009 11:32 AM

****in Bald Porcupine by now!

Nick_V 07-01-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlash (Post 1319908)
All brawn and no brains...........just like most of their respective owners.

Actually, the Bull and Terrier breeds are some of the smartest (not to mention best-looking) dogs around. The downside of this is that their intelligence, tenacity, and (as I said above) pugnacity, combined with their raw power, can make them dangerous in the hands of a novice owner. Their desire for independence is often mistaken for stupidity or the inability to be trained, and can often get them into trouble (as evidenced in the OP). They require a huge commitment and a strong will/hand on the owner's part, but if properly trained they are, IMO, the best dogs to have. The really mean ones are the ones who don't get the proper balance of love and discipline from their owners.

I totally agree with you that MANY Pitbull owners are idiots, but it bothers me when people make such broad generalizations about the breed, cause it's not their fault. The fact that they've been outlawed in Ontario still blows my mind.

TheLoneVR! 07-01-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick_V (Post 1320144)
Actually, the Bull and Terrier breeds are some of the smartest (not to mention best-looking) dogs around. The downside of this is that their intelligence, tenacity, and (as I said above) pugnacity, combined with their raw power, can make them dangerous in the hands of a novice owner. Their desire for independence is often mistaken for stupidity or the inability to be trained, and can often get them into trouble (as evidenced in the OP). They require a huge commitment and a strong will/hand on the owner's part, but if properly trained they are, IMO, the best dogs to have. The really mean ones are the ones who don't get the proper balance of love and discipline from their owners.

I totally agree with you that MANY Pitbull owners are idiots, but it bothers me when people make such broad generalizations about the breed, cause it's not their fault. The fact that they've been outlawed in Ontario still blows my mind.

Absolutely brilliantly put!
Im a huge dog lover and have trained powerful breeds for years! I myself LOVE powerful breeds and have a very powerful German bred bloodline Rottweiler.
Generalization of these powerful breeds is ignorance and idiocy in itself!

xlash 07-02-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick_V (Post 1320144)

Oh I wasn't referring to the breed, just that particular dog. However, I might have hinted at the type of owner.

If you look up google for intelligent breeds, you'll find shepherds, collies and poodles round up the top few. But that doesn't mean that it is impossible a random pit bull could be more intelligent than a shepherd. It's all about what the dog was bred to do in the first place and of course a bit of statistics too.

I too disagree with the Ontario law. Potential owners should be certified i.e. get proper training themselves on how to own pitbulls. A typical knee jerk reaction from an impotent, uninformed and idiotic gov't. At the end it's the dogs and the worthy dog lovers that suffer.

Fel 07-02-2009 11:44 AM

Sorry, I gotta ask.... what the hell is NSFWLNW?