maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   7 series (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Certified Pre-Owned Discounts (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120680)

acube 05-24-2009 10:34 AM

Certified Pre-Owned Discounts

Just started looking for a 2006 750.

In the $50-55K range, certified pre-owned.

Would like to know what type of discount others have been able to get, currently I've been offered $1K-$2K and I would like to counter offer with something reasonable.

It's very different now, prior to the recession I would have to present an offer, this time salespeople are putting the deals together for us and they are somewhat friendly...I guess the positive side.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

TNation 07-01-2009 10:40 PM

Don't buy a 7 series unless you know you're facing 25% depreciation, poor reliability, and i-drive. IMO there's better cars out there for that price, as ballin' as a 7 series is.

europrince 07-02-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNation (Post 1320202)
Don't buy a 7 series unless you know you're facing 25% depreciation, poor reliability, and i-drive. IMO there's better cars out there for that price, as ballin' as a 7 series is.

Bro, why do you bash every thread on expensive cars about depreciation? You obviously can't afford the car, so you're justifying to others why not to get it. If the guy wants to buy the car, he'll buy the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by acube (Post 1306045)
Just started looking for a 2006 750.

In the $50-55K range, certified pre-owned.

Would like to know what type of discount others have been able to get, currently I've been offered $1K-$2K and I would like to counter offer with something reasonable.

It's very different now, prior to the recession I would have to present an offer, this time salespeople are putting the deals together for us and they are somewhat friendly...I guess the positive side.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

I don't know how much you can knock off, but I know that Certified Series cars are usually about $6k or so more expensive than comparables. The warranty, worth around $1500, is embedded in the price, as is any replacement of wear and tear items, such as tires.

slemmer 07-02-2009 01:13 PM

I've been happy with my 7. Gotta pay if you want to play. enuf said.

ChrisTO 07-02-2009 04:52 PM

there is huge margins for a 7er at dealer(well actually any of their cars)...roughly 10k. i would go by VMR pricing and go from there. VMR doesn't take into account condition of car but you should be within a grand or so of VMR pricing. just like purchasing a new car I always negotiate by how much of a mark up vs how much of a discount i get off their stated price.

if you are watching for a 2006 750i at BMW CPO - on Tues evening Autohaus listed a 06 750 for 37k! next day they replaced the price with 47k. opps...i think someone put in the wholesale price by accident. :) shame i didn't take a screen shot of it.

touchofclass 07-02-2009 09:32 PM

Check the vehicle Service records and call the previous owner. Make sure the vehicle was well maintained. Make sure you have all the records, this is critical and will ensure you will enjoy many years of owning a 7 series.

Advice - Buy your vehicle from a BMW dealership to avoid any pitfalls and get a "Certified Series".

Best of Luck

TNation 07-02-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by europrince (Post 1320341)
Bro, why do you bash every thread on expensive cars about depreciation? You obviously can't afford the car, so you're justifying to others why not to get it. If the guy wants to buy the car, he'll buy the car.

I understand where you're coming from, I'm just saying, he can get more bang for his buck with 50k than with a 7 series. A lot of people don't know how bad they depreciate either, man.

Euro_E30 07-02-2009 11:18 PM

E65 are the worst bmw's ever made, no offence to n e one whose got one
but i would never buy one!! *smoke*

with the money you want to spend you could get a much better car.

good luck!

damameke 07-04-2009 10:52 PM

I believed OP wants to buy a 7 series BMW and the question was;
What kind of discounts others managed to get?

I didnt see him asking about depreciation and what other comparable cars to buy,

To OP; CPO is built into the listing price, as you had stated, you might get 1 to 2 K off
why not offer double the amount, the most they would say no.

prince1 07-22-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnwholesale (Post 1327457)

wtf.... who is this douche

but on a side note, you should be able knock quite a bit off the sticker price. I would try 4, the most they can say is no