maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   seeking help/advice (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120496)

Lower_Level 05-20-2009 11:06 AM

seeking help/advice

Hey!

Came across this ad on kijiji; and have been following it for the past few weeks. Tried to get some information from the seller; but did not get much of a response. The price has been steadily dropping; and even with the higher K's, I think the asking price is more than reasonable. But after finding other ads with the same phone # and contact info from a dealership; I'm wondering if this might be a scam. It's a long drive for me to the GTA, and without knowing if it's legit makes it hard to justify the trip to look...

Has anyone looked into this car at all? Any info you could share?

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ129195349

Thanks in advance!

BigD 05-20-2009 11:16 AM

Free lunch, mouse trap, if too good to be true, etc etc. Let your common sense prevail.

Junaid 05-20-2009 11:59 AM

i'll check it out for you if you want

Lower_Level 05-20-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junaid (Post 1304501)
i'll check it out for you if you want

I'd really appreciate that; but I don't want to put anyone through any trouble. I kinda figured that someone might have already looked at this car before. At the price; i'm thinking there must be something majorly wrong with it; otherwise it should have sold pretty quickly being a sport & premium package! :huh?:

And if there's nothing wrong with it; I may have just found my next adventure!!! *par-t*

Dysantic 05-21-2009 02:18 AM

Looks pretty sketchy to me. The listing itself is just all over the place. They also spelt west wrong in the location. I'd be careful

whoami 05-21-2009 12:02 PM

weird add to look at, but the asking price seems ok..

280km....

344i 05-21-2009 12:31 PM

Like BigD said

Lower_Level 05-21-2009 03:54 PM

I'm surprised that nobody has gone to look at it though; just out of pure curiosity!

Junaid 05-21-2009 10:00 PM

i'll go for you buddy, i dont too far from it

ImolaZHP 05-21-2009 10:10 PM

be careful, early e46s with auto transmissions have reverse issues. especially with that many km

Lower_Level 05-22-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junaid (Post 1305231)
i'll go for you buddy, i dont too far from it

Thanks a lot man. I'd really appreciate that! Next time I'm up to the big city, I owe you a timmies!

Junaid 05-22-2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lower_Level (Post 1305633)
Thanks a lot man. I'd really appreciate that! Next time I'm up to the big city, I owe you a timmies!

np earliest i could go is tuesday, out of town for weekend and then assignments i gotta finish

Eurostyle 05-22-2009 11:57 PM

Too shady and stupid...And i can tell you right now this is an accident car, and has bodywork done...

Lower_Level 05-23-2009 04:23 PM

Well I got an e-mail response from the owner. So confusing! I'm now thinking major scam. Too bad though...

Here's the e-mail:

Friday, May 22, 2009 4:29 PM
From: "CRO LEO" Add sender to ContactsTo: kees_hound@yahoo.com
Hi,
No time for chatting , come and check my car, PRIVAT SALE, no accident, u can bring ur mechanic over to check , have small exhaust leak, car seating at my friends lot cuz i dont have anymore space front of my house cuz i use company car !!!

Thx

LEO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: aprimor2@hotmail.com
Subject: Reply to your "2000 BMW 323I,PREMIUM-SPORT PACKEGE! ONE OWNER PRIVAT SALE" Ad on Kijiji
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 15:14:25 -0700

You've received the following reply to your "2000 BMW 323I,PREMIUM-SPORT PACKEGE! ONE OWNER PRIVAT SALE" Ad on Kijiji:

Hello. Was wondering if you could answer a few questions about your 323i for sale? You mentioned that the car is e-tested but not safetied; do you know what may be needed? Has this car been involved in any accidents? Any mechanical issues? Has the car been repainted at all?
Would it be possible to arrange a test-drive, and possibly have the car checked over by a mechanic?

You said that this car is a one owner, private sale? I noticed that you have another ad for a 525i that says it's a dealer ad. Is the 323 infact a private sale, or being sold on a lot?

I appologize for so many questions, but I live a fair way out of the city, and don't want to make such a long trip to find out that this car is not what it's advertised to be. Thanks for any information!

Tony

You can respond to kees_hound@yahoo.com by replying to this email

Good luck, and thanks for using Kijiji.

Fil; if you don't mind me asking how do you know it's been in an accident? Have you had a chance to see the car, or know some of it's "history"?

Dr. Flyview 05-23-2009 10:02 PM

Don't even bother with people that write like they're 13 year old gangstas.