maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Blllaaaaaaaaaassssssstttttt!!! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119887)

spoony_prelude 05-05-2009 07:40 PM

Blllaaaaaaaaaassssssstttttt!!!

COCK SUCKERS!

So for the last 3 weeks I've had my Rs's at a rim shop getting "refinished!!" First they told me two weeks and they would be ready, then it would be the wednesday. ( I then told the ****er I needed them by MAX this past saturday so that i could have them on the car for the max cruise. Yeah well they werent done. So today he calls me and says their done. So I asked, the tires are all mounted and everything? so hes like yup their all done come and get them whenever youd like. After work im driving up to get them, he calls and says they havent even been put back together so dont bother coming, i start asking like wtf is going on, he rushes me off the phone saying he has to go see whats going on and he cant be on the phone. So **** it i went anyways. I get there and honestly i feel like burning this place down. lips are polished ( didnt do a great job on them) they polished the faces of the rims, and painted inside the spokes, they painted the center screw, and the center plate.

Now, the center screw was supposed to be polished. The center plate honestly looked like shit, ( they had been previously been painted. He half asses the sand blasting and painted them. They look like shit!. So he said they would redo them tomorrow, and i just :( whatever left. As i was pulling out I started getting mad just thinking about it. So i went back.

I walk in grab the center plate and go to the owner and say how do you expect me to pay for this? he calls his rim guy, and the guy says yeah they were in pretty rough shape. So i said well if you couldnt do it, why couldnt you just tell me? Id go somewhere else? and i told him the center screw was supposed to be polished. So he starts saying he'll redo them. they "should" be done tomorrow.

So I have a question. I took the rims there to be refinished. now if they do a shit job, why should i have to pay? obviously I dont want them keeping the rims so what can i do?

Thanks

Jay

bmwm5lover 05-05-2009 07:52 PM

I'd ****ing walk in with 4 buddies, and if you are not satisfied, each one grabs a rim and you walk out.
Shitty job =/pay

BMW_7 05-05-2009 09:09 PM

Who?????

Rim Techniques / Precision Wheel Repair / Wheelfix???

STAY AWAY FROM THOSE 3 THEY ARE CROOKS.. They take your money and ****, scrach and ruin your wheels!!

Rim Techniques and nigel are especially is a moron, not only he scratched my rims, he didnt tighten bolts, used a shit sealant and sealed IN the bolts

Too bad I found out the shit job he did after the fact. Save your money... take wheels apart urself don't trust ANYONE to take ur 3 pc wheels. Bring lips or centers to reputable powder coating / refinishing places yourself.

BMW_7 05-05-2009 09:14 PM

btw i tought u were selling ur wheels... did your job situation turn out ok?

matty.dc 05-05-2009 09:38 PM

i wouldn't pay a cent if the job isnt how you want it, especially after the amount of time you claim it has been.

Porter86 05-05-2009 09:39 PM

yeah go with 4 guys, take me, n if they have a prob, n hes gunna call cops, let him, cause if there is worse shape n hes botching them even more than they were than you can be like i do not want this shit company ****ing them up anymore n me have to pay more for a better company to fix it, and if it's a problem, settle on like a 1/3-1/4 of the quoted price you were given!!

xlash 05-05-2009 11:26 PM

Walk in with 4-6 friends, grab your rims and walk out. Don't even THINK about justifying your action let alone paying for whatever the hell they did. Hell if you need an extra pair of hands I'll go with you. This isn't the first time I am hearing something bad about Rim Techniques.

Later on DIY them. There are plenty of those around. All you need a nice afternoon and 1/4 of the price to polish 1 rim on materials.

Porter86 05-06-2009 12:06 AM

i'd go with yeah too!!

Mr seville 05-06-2009 12:24 AM

*rockout*i just had my rims refinished...took 3 days

bmdbley'sBro 05-06-2009 01:26 AM

-
I could add a few of my own stories.. but yeah being lied too and general incompetance sucks

every biz will have its glitches, but some go out of their way it seems to make that their 'mission statement'

Dado 540 05-06-2009 02:14 AM

So who are these dead beats?

e30bim 05-06-2009 04:21 PM

Get your rims back and wait a year, year and a half and burn the place down. Snapple bottles are good for molatoff coctails I find!

Porter86 05-06-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e30bim (Post 1299073)
Get your rims back and wait a year, year and a half and burn the place down. Snapple bottles are good for molatoff coctails I find!

hahaha, thats PRICELESS!!!!

spoony_prelude 05-06-2009 11:13 PM

lol hey guys! thanks for the help and comforting words. Well I was planning on taking my wheels to precision rim. But I found a place on caledonia north of lawrence (right beside the national tire). I went by there today with racing trends and he pretty much told them their work was shit and to redo everything. So far they seem co-operative with redo-ing their shit work, pretty much we told them to redo everything, polish the lips again because i could still see scratches on them. redo inbetween the spokes because theres tons of pitting from old paint.

BTW worst part. They don't even have the ****ing socket to put the rims back together. Anyone on here have this socket that I can borrow? Pretty please!!!????

Anyways Thanks Guys I'll keep you posted!

BTW BMW_7, yeah I got another job, so I decided to keep them.!

RKMA86 05-06-2009 11:35 PM

Is this place called UNION RIM REPAIR?