maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sony products? (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11788)

330DTM 02-27-2003 04:25 AM

Sony products?

I'm probably looking forward to purchase some sony products around spring time and I was wondering if anyone has any connections or retailers which can provide good deals?

The sony products I'm planning to purcahse are Camera/video related products.

Any inputs?

Thanks!

SpudBoy 02-27-2003 10:49 PM

G & G electronics at Kingston & Lawrence in Scarborough. I have no connection but they are an old (established) family run business. Pretty good service.

thinair 02-28-2003 04:51 AM

You know what, I may have a connection, an old teammate of mine (cycling) had connections with sony for home security stuff, he told me I could get anything I wanted from sony for cheap.....i'll talk to him if the offer still stands.

BMW_M52_M20 02-28-2003 08:07 AM

Sony stuff is great, but I think it is often over rated! My pops buys everything sony, and it is nice stuff, but there is better for the price.

I have a Sony 5.1 surround system with 5 speakers, sub and 400Watt sony amp. Disapointed. The audio quality is poor in my opinion. I have played with all the settings and it is very difficult to hear people talking, and the sub is crap.

Just my 2 cents.
Jay

Jon@Bimmersport 02-28-2003 05:56 PM

what are you doing with your current video cam? let me know if u wanna sell..

slemmer 02-28-2003 06:29 PM

Don't get it at the Sony Store. They never have good deals there. Kenedy Hi-Fi might be a place to check out. I got my springs done there.

thinair 02-28-2003 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by slemmer
Don't get it at the Sony Store. They never have good deals there. Kenedy Hi-Fi might be a place to check out. I got my springs done there.
The Sony Store is the best.......to get information on a certain product (or even try it), then buy it somewhere else cheaper (especially at a place you can make a deal).

Or you can do what I friend of mine did when he was buying a video camera (and have money to toss around), buy like 5 different cameras that you like, use them all for like a week, then return the ones you don't want.

330DTM 02-28-2003 06:36 PM

Initially I was going to buy an external mic from Sony for my camcorder (hoping to capture better sound quality), but I am going to try a different company that specializes in mic's. Most likely Azden...got any connections for that? haha I know there are two stores that carry around Toronto but have yet to check out the price.

I was thinking of using the same mics as the professional cameras but they use the XLR connector. I'd need an adapter for that and that'll just blow my budget. I think the microphone I checked out from Azden seems pretty good in comparison to what Sony has to offer for my camcorder.

I still want to purchase the snow/rain case designed for my camcorder. On the Sony website it's listed as somewhere around $400! That's crazy.

slemmer 02-28-2003 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 328DTM
Initially I was going to buy an external mic from Sony for my camcorder (hoping to capture better sound quality), but I am going to try a different company that specializes in mic's. Most likely Azden...got any connections for that? haha I know there are two stores that carry around Toronto but have yet to check out the price.

I was thinking of using the same mics as the professional cameras but they use the XLR connector. I'd need an adapter for that and that'll just blow my budget. I think the microphone I checked out from Azden seems pretty good in comparison to what Sony has to offer for my camcorder.

I still want to purchase the snow/rain case designed for my camcorder. On the Sony website it's listed as somewhere around $400! That's crazy.

You want a mike? How about one of those parabolic mics like the ones at the football games? Of course, you may need another person to hold the dish, or manufacture a pole to adapt it to your camera. I know, sick humour...It's Friday afternoon!