maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Exterior Body/Lighting (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   FEELER: BMW M-Tech Bumper (E39 540i) (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116762)

DINAN 3 02-26-2009 09:22 PM

FEELER: BMW M-Tech Bumper (E39 540i)

I have an original BMW M-Tech front bumper cover (almost identical to M5) available for sale.
The bumper is currently on my 2003 "Individual" Aegean Blue Metallic 540i, which has headlight washers, but no PDC.
The bumper has a slight crack, below the front main air intake, that is not very noticeable and can easily/cheaply be fixed.
The bumper is only available until March 7th.
If interested, PM/e-mail me at mrvster@aol.com

bimmerjoe 02-26-2009 10:46 PM

thanks after i just bought a brand spanking new one from the dealer. its ok i work there!!!
how much are you looking out of curiosity?
and what are you switching to?

v_bimmer 02-27-2009 02:18 AM

yeah what is the price, i might be interested!

DINAN 3 02-27-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimmerjoe (Post 1268027)
thanks after i just bought a brand spanking new one from the dealer. its ok i work there!!!

I have no idea what an M-Tech bumper is worth (new = +/- $1000 + tax).
What do they go for used ?

I'm switching to........the exact same bumper....*drink*...need to calm my OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) related to my car.
It's related to an insurance claim, so I need to get a minimum $$$ to make it reasonable to buy a new one.
European Autobody promissed me that mine can easily be fixed to new, but I'm anal about these things.

richmak 02-27-2009 10:33 AM

How much did you get it from the dealer? I have a 525iT and I'm looking to get one from the dealer but the US pricing is a lot cheaper than here ...

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimmerjoe (Post 1268027)

Bhead 02-27-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DINAN 3 (Post 1268122)

I'm switching to........the exact same bumper....*drink*...need to calm my OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) related to my car.
It's related to an insurance claim, so I need to get a minimum $$$ to make it reasonable to buy a new one.
European Autobody promissed me that mine can easily be fixed to new, but I'm anal about these things.

You can't expect too much. Don't forget you still have to pay the labor to European Autobody, and it's one of the most expensive body shop however they do great job.
Also, aftermarket parts beat you the most.

DINAN 3 02-28-2009 09:52 PM

^

So how much IYO is it worth ?

porksoda 03-01-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

OFF TOPIC:

Brand new e90 was side ended right on the rear bumper. European Autobody promised that it can be repaird (state farm insurance = worst insurance compnay period). EA said they would want it repaired and wouldnt go for a new one.

2 months later and trying to get it repaired didn't work so finally did put in a new one sooo much aggravation.

Get a second opinion on your bumper.

State farm wants to save few hundred but ended up spending atleast 10-12x...

DINAN 3 03-01-2009 05:50 PM

Not worried...

The small crack on mine is located inside the scoop of the large center air intake.
It's a non stress area, especially since the crack runs sideways.
This is a real easy fix to an area that rarely meets the eye.
THNX anyway for the advice "porksoda".

DINAN 3 03-02-2009 08:23 PM

Pending Sale...

Someone is coming by to look at it tonight.

bimmerjoe 03-02-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

its ok i am mighty anal myself.
i just spent a grand on new euro hella's because my stock headlights had pitting and i didnt wanna wetsand them. i just wanted new.

brand new is around 1000 give or take

DINAN 3 03-03-2009 12:17 AM

^ "Bimmerjoe"

The guy interested in my bumper is also looking for some updated (OEM) stock headlights.
Are your old ones for sale ?
If "Yes", then PM me your contact telephone number.

DINAN 3 03-04-2009 12:07 AM

Conditionaly SOLD...

The bumper is comming off my car next week.
Though I'm pretty confident in the sale, I'll accept a 2nd in line, just in case the seller changes his mind.

v_bimmer 03-04-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DINAN 3 (Post 1269880)
The bumper is comming off my car next week.
Though I'm pretty confident in the sale, I'll accept a 2nd in line, just in case the seller changes his mind.

what is the price that you got offered?

DINAN 3 03-04-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_bimmer (Post 1270000)
what is the price that you got offered?

PM sent.