maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ontario (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   where to buy m3 in the hamilton region (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116229)

roman 02-13-2009 12:42 AM

where to buy m3 in the hamilton region

Hi, everyone i am new to the forum, and was wonder where is the best place to buy an e36 m3 in hamilton and surrounding area. i am always checking autotrader and kijji, but not to much to choose from. i am specifically looking got a dakar yellow, which i read is more rare to find or something like that. if anyone has any input in place were to look. would be a great help. thnx

98Dinan3 02-14-2009 12:22 PM

you're going to have to expand your search area immensely if you are serious about getting a decent example... think about it. A dakar M3 is rare enough, let alone one in Hamilton. I'd be looking at southern US cars, especially since their price has tanked lately.

roman 02-15-2009 04:49 PM

sorry, i should have also stated i can travel all around. I dont know toronto to well, and any spots that might have these m3's kicking around.
It crossed my mind getting it from USA but dont know to much about importing. i will have to look that up on this forum themn. thnx for the help man.
if anyone has any other places to look that might have them, would be greatly appreciated.

doogee 02-16-2009 03:47 AM

I think there is a Dakar Yellow M3 downtown off of Main. I forget the name of the place. Probably on autotrader.

Christon motors maybe?

craigIS 02-16-2009 11:50 AM

the one at christon motors sold
it was also a rebuild title

roman 02-18-2009 01:02 AM

ya, i looked at that car. i was really nice, at first look i would never think it was rebuilt.

matty.dc 02-21-2009 03:57 PM

i dont know how far you are willing to travel but one of my buddies got a very clean e30 m3 from the states (i know its not an e36), but that's the way to go.

trd_mr2 03-21-2009 01:12 PM

there was a dakar on main that was sold, and a week later a silver sedan 1997 m3 that sold for 8k with 210 XXX km , to someone in st kitts im pretty sure. if you talk to the owners im sure they can get you one

328IScreamer 03-21-2009 01:14 PM

i went to look at that dakkar m3 when it was for sale, i believe a member on this forum bought it
it was clean but it did have a few imperfections on closer inspection

Davis 04-03-2009 02:16 PM

Dakar Yellow M#

I bought the rebuild Darkar Yellow M from Christon Motors - I had my mech have a look check it for any major mech items, i(ncluding the rebuild work) - he said it looked ok - good thing since I purchased on a gut feel

Having said that I have put about $2K into various repairs, but I got it for a good price and it is running well and well be returned back to stock in a few weeks.

to date
repaint truck lid (faded repair area)
new pilot sport AS tires
refinish one wheel
remove added tint (window factory tinted)
new battery
new front calipers

it now has 48K on it
and why are these friggin hondas still bother me?

jmack 04-03-2009 03:55 PM

Nice, any pics of the car / work done?

328IScreamer 04-03-2009 05:09 PM

The guy at christian motors seemed real sketchy bout the sale of that car. First time I went he wouldn't let me see inside of it, second time I went he told me it was sold, third time I went he said buyer backed out and was still for sale. Didt really understand what was going on.
As I remember there was an issue with the door as well.

Nick_V 04-03-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 328IScreamer (Post 1283405)
The guy at christian motors seemed real sketchy bout the sale of that car.

I bought my 540i from him several years ago. Right away I thought he fit the bill of the sleazy used car salesman. He kept saying shit like "everything works, it's clean, blah blah. So do you want it or what, cause I got a guy coming back tomorrow to buy it." So I got the idea that the car might not be as honest as it looked, but it had a clean title and I really wanted a 6-speed E34 540i. They don't come around much, so I jumped on it (managed to get him to knock a grand off the price, too!) Anyhow, the lesson learned was to take your time and don't buy with your heart, cause there turned out to be quite a bit that needed to be fixed. The best was when I got him to put his plate on it and drive it to my house for me. The fuel light was on so I suggested we get some gas real quick. He was like "no there's lots in there don't worry." Didn't think much of it until a few weeks later when I put it on the road and went to fill the tank. I'm standing there filling it, admiring the car, oblivious to what was happening underneath. It wasn't till I was walking in to pay and took the obligatory "look back" that I noticed fuel pissing all over the place under the car! That Bastard!

328IScreamer 04-05-2009 06:45 PM

yea for some reason when I asked to test drive that dakar m3 he said I only could if I bought it.
How am I supposed to know if I want it if I can't test drive it? It was a bit wierd

Nick_V 04-05-2009 07:18 PM

^^ He gets some interesting cars on his lot, but it's buyer beware for sure with that place.