maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Videos and Sound (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   2009 F1 Rules Changes in Animation. (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116138)

ZiMMie 02-10-2009 11:29 PM

2009 F1 Rules Changes in Animation.

Can wait for the season to start.
*th-up*

Gamite 02-11-2009 01:47 AM

facinating

maxima_'90 02-11-2009 05:03 PM

Should make for some good racing. I might actually stay interested for a whole season this year.

magnus 02-12-2009 02:56 AM

I am so excited to see how the Williams KERS system is going to be against the rest of the teams. I had a similar idea to this using a clutch from a windmill during a project when i was studying. I think this will be the next big thing to go from F1 on to everyday cars. And i have to admit it seems to be waaaay better than all the battery ones. I bet the cost of the batteried on other teams will be ridiculous.
It will also be interesting to see who will link their system to the engine and who to the drivetrain(although anyone linking it to the drivetrain must be an idiot)

craigIS 02-12-2009 11:24 AM

the only rule here that i didnt know about, is KERS. that sounds awesome. kinda like NOS i guess, only not as dangerous.

this season should be great to watch.

King Luis 02-12-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossfire291 (Post 1261954)
the only rule here that i didnt know about, is KERS. that sounds awesome. kinda like NOS i guess, only not as dangerous.

this season should be great to watch.

google bmw kers accident.

what i'm going to find interesting is the 8 engine rule.
what happens if the have a motor failure during a race, does that engine count?
what if they run out of motors before the end of the season?

Fel 02-12-2009 04:16 PM

I can't wait for this season to start... I haven't lost interest like a lot of people have over the last few years, but this coming season more than anything will make the whole sport so much more interesting.

Sweet video, thanks for posting it!

twboy1999 02-12-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Luis (Post 1261961)
google bmw kers accident.

what i'm going to find interesting is the 8 engine rule.
what happens if the have a motor failure during a race, does that engine count?
what if they run out of motors before the end of the season?

should be same as before
8 free engine change during each season

if you decide to change the engine during a weekend, u will get penalize

BigD 02-12-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel (Post 1262105)
I can't wait for this season to start... I haven't lost interest like a lot of people have over the last few years, but this coming season more than anything will make the whole sport so much more interesting.

Sweet video, thanks for posting it!

All real F1 fans whine about never watching it again (esp through the Schumacher years) but we all do... Love Hamilton or hate him though, he's revived the series. The cars are so much uglier this year though... there's something fundamentally wrong with F1 being made more standardized and less technological. Only time will tell I guess. If Bernie's bankbook starts getting lighter, the cars will get cooler.

SamE30e 02-13-2009 12:40 AM

Very nice. Should be interesting.

T.Dot_E30 02-13-2009 09:52 AM

How does the KERS system turn the eletricty generated from braking into a boost of HP ?

I tried searching and havne't found much technical info.

BigD 02-13-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 (Post 1262457)
How does the KERS system turn the eletricty generated from braking into a boost of HP ?

I tried searching and havne't found much technical info.

It's the same thing as all the hybrids do. An electric motor just uses the complement of magnetic and electric fields, and either one can be the driving force. If you spin the core, the magnetic field drives the electric, producing electricity. If you power the core, it repels/attracts the magnetic field, and produces force. So in the end it's just an electric motor/generator hooked up in parallel with the normal drivetrain, hooked up to a battery. One way it helps braking and stores energy, the other way it helps produce thrust.

Gamite 02-13-2009 11:21 AM

It's like those video games where the nos charges up :)

T.Dot_E30 02-13-2009 12:43 PM

Hmm, make sense....I didn't think an electric motor could generate enough force to make it meaningful on an F1 car.