FS: *rare* 1986 M535
1 of 1140 produced for the Japanese market, of 7410 LHD models total.I bought it in Vancouver 3 years ago and it is now registered in Ontario. It's a solid, comfortable car with a strong driveline. I used it to commute 90km/day in Vancouver for 2 years. Has been winter garaged and lightly driven since moving to Toronto. At my last oil change the mechanic was in awe of the lack of rust on this car up on the hoist.
Overall, this car is 7.5/10. I drove it from Vancouver to Toronto over 4 days last year and it behaved perfectly as a German sport sedan should, while giving an average of 28 mpg. Fuel economy would have been much higher if speeds were lower. ;)
Polaris silver, with anthracite cloth manual "sport" interior.
"Green" M30B34 engine (3.5L inline 6 cylinder) with tonnes of torque (passed stringent B.C. "aircare").
1-2-3 Sport Auto (early manumatic)
Very rare Brown tinted factory glass
Uber rare factory Moon Roof
M-Tech package (steering wheel, seat badges, areo-kit*)
* All tow cover and jack point covers are still attached... rare!
• a few quarter size areas where clear-coat if failing. Paint is 7/10.
• a touch of rust (less than a dime) on top of rear tailight.
• a bit of rust (inhibited) on the moon-roof lifting arms.
• Shocks on both seats fronts are gone and on the diver's seat one bolster is detached and a few tears (patched).
• one fog light broken
• 2" crack on dash
GOOD (partial list from last 3 years):
• Besides the above items, the car is bone dry. Looks amazing up on a hoist.
• vents are tight, adjustable dash vent
• new drive shaft
• new exhaust (cat back)
• Bilstein Sports on all 4 corners
• new headgasket
• Mustang injectors
• steering pump
• water pump
• Front wheel bearings
• Fuse box
• glove box iPod controller / charger
• Rear sub- frame mounts and pitman dog-bones
• Heater valve
Also available for sale separately (or packaged in):
10:1 "dirty" M30b34
17" x 8.5" et11 ACT multi-piece "basketweave" wheels
These will work perfectly on my future projects so no ass-gabbing please.
*I've replaced the failing Anthracite cloth door panels with nice perforated black vinyl ones, which IMHO, matches better.
The diver's seat cloth has deteriorated since this photo...
bump for a nice ride!
I luv the car good luck.
how much are you looking for the basket weaves?
That car is awesome. A good buy for someone.....GL with sale.
clean ! free bump
Bump for an excellent example of an old school BMW.
$1000 for the basketweaves with Yoko H4S rubber, 17/45/225
$600 for the Euro M30 - 207 hp, 224 ft.pds. Amazing e30 swap.
how complete is the m30??
are the basket weaves made by bbs ?
No, they are German made by ACT. ACT produces similar quality wheels but seem to be far more rare.
sex and a half
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:55 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015