maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   asklfjskfasdf (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114501)

Jamil20 12-23-2008 11:56 AM

asklfjskfasdf

Someone stole my jacket with my car keys in them while I was at a restaurant this past weekend. Of course, I never got a spare.

Had to fight with Elite to get another one sent. (car isn't under my name)

Will take 10 business days to get here. Not too many business days coming up. I'm expecting the key January 12th!

Had to get a tow.
Had to buy a new key.
Had to rent a car to get to work.
And of course, I have to get a new jacket.

Mother ****ers. If I ever find them, I'm going to make sure they have to eat through a straw for the rest of their lives.

Anyway, make sure you got a spare. It cost me $80 to make another key.

carjoe 12-23-2008 12:11 PM

Ouch. Did your key have a chip?
What restaurant?

ecuconnection 12-23-2008 12:30 PM

I have done this to people befor...where they have a coat check ... have a few wobbley pop's and the next thing you know your walking to the taxi with the same other persons leather black jacket on ... The only way I was able to return the jacket was via a full name inside the collar...hopefully that's what happend and you get your stuff back ... good luck!

MiroE36 12-23-2008 12:34 PM

sucks man.. thats why i had 2 spares made

chromius 12-23-2008 12:45 PM

Shit man...Sorry to hear.

prince1 12-23-2008 02:25 PM

that sucks balls
sorry to hear about it

Jamil20 12-23-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearsBmr (Post 1242318)
I have done this to people befor...where they have a coat check ... have a few wobbley pop's and the next thing you know your walking to the taxi with the same other persons leather black jacket on ... The only way I was able to return the jacket was via a full name inside the collar...hopefully that's what happend and you get your stuff back ... good luck!

There was no coat check here, and there's no way they could mistake my jacket for theirs. I had a baseball cap stuffed into the sleeve. Someone would notice that, no matter how drunk. Plus the restaurant was empty.

This was Capone's on Carling, and the key does have a transponder.

everlast 12-23-2008 11:28 PM

Dayum, that sucks. That's just stupid for someone to do.

I have about 4 keys for the e30, only because I misplace them to the point where I have a tough time finding one at any given point. I hope I don't lose a key to the new one; I shudder to think what a fob is worth.

Jamil20 12-24-2008 01:48 PM

Got my key today. Very quick.

I was kind of liking driving the Camry hybrid. :shifty

chromius 12-24-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamil20 (Post 1242703)
Got my key today. Very quick.

I was kind of liking driving the Camry hybrid. :shifty

Now lets hope you ordered a spare this time.:P